Molochius

First time playing for over a year....

Wow I take it a hell of a lots changed in that time! basically I got the game when it was first released as alpha as Id loved the arma mod, and I played for a good 6 months to a year but then stopped for a long time, ive only recently decided to venture into chenerus again but what can I expect? ive read some stuff about zombies being removed then put back or are they removed now? do we have driveable vehicles and backpacks we can drop and store stuff in yet? I dont expect people to give me a full rundown but as a long time away player what might be the most standout details I would notice if logging in now compared to the year or so after the alpha became available?

And lastly....do we have a release date yet? Ive read about the issues with the design studio and I take it thats why but is this game ever going to be finished and released? seems like its not even in beta stage yet, are we talking a 2017 general release? or even longer?

Hey dude - please READ THIS THREAD from 2014 :

heheheh - you bullshit artist

I came back for a bit in 2014 yes.....that was years ago hence my post.....its now 2016 over 2 years later. you saying nothings changed pal? 

29 minutes ago, Molochius said:

..//..

what might be the most standout details I would notice if logging in now

..//..

is this game ever going to be finished and released?

..//..

If you log in and PLAY the game, or watch youtube, or read the developer updates, or read this Forum AND Play (even ONCE in 2 years) - then you will have interesting real questions and you will find FRIENDS who will spend TIME helping you and discussing the game. LOG IN, watch, read, play.. join the community - spend just ONE or TWO hours of your OWN time and you will get all the HELP all the comment and all the discussion you want.

Kichilron told you this 2 years ago.. right ?

But these questions you put here are NOT real questions - you know it, I know it.

Saying "I haven't logged in for 2 years are there vehicles? The game has problems is it ever going to be finished?" - is obvious simple fake crap. stop it.

xx pilgrim

• Like 1

You can read the updates since you last joined Dayz on the Dayztv website:

http://www.dayztv.com/dev/updates/

http://www.dayztv.com/news/

There is a 2-day-old status report commented on by Septic Falcon:

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-status-report-highlight-01-march-2016/

What is always difficult about Dayz is to understand that there are some systems they are rewriting entirely. The Central Loot Economy replaced the way items spawned in Dayz-mod. It's just the first of many systems, such as the infected-AI, character controller, occlusion, or bullet penetration that are refined for the Standalone. But true change can only come with the new renderer, since these systems require the computing power it frees up. Gradually more and more of the old systems will be revamped and all the new ones introduced. 

As for what we already have: cars are working and can be repaired, trucks, buses also spawn. Tents, ammoboxes and barrels are persistent, so you can really store your things now. Gardening works. Leather Crafting works, general crafting works (e.g. combining burlap sack, rope + 3 sticks to craft backpack, crafting bow or fishing rod, fishing works too. You can go hunting and skin/butcher animals and humans. Comparably new guns are the FAL, STEYR AUG, Glock, Winchester, PM Rak, Scorpion, UMP, Vintorez, SvD. There are a couple new items, such as radios and gasmasks, but they have no real significance now. 

Some areas have been reworked (e.g. Berezino) and others will be renewed with the upcoming 0.60 version. I'd say quite a lot has happened since you last played, but a lot of it was in preparation for the renderer and engine update. Zombies/Infected are in the game, but not in their final iteration or amount. In the future, they will be wearing clothes/backpacks and be lootable, too. And we'll see roaming infected hordes, as showcased in some dev videos from last year. 

I agree though, things are taking their time. I'd be a lot happier, if the development went smoother and things like the renderer would really make it in time and without delays. We've been talking about the renderer coming soon for over a year now. It feels surreal that it should actually happen very soon. I'm still playing version 0.59 and find it very enjoyable, but I can't wait to see the things coming. Overall my belief is that the game really increasingly builds its own character and strengths that can almost no longer be compared to the mods. I'm not saying it's better, but different and more fluent, though incomplete. There are still heaps of potential and I can only see the game getting better though at snails pace, sometimes. Of course, right now you need patience with those bugs involving vehicle and some other things. It can get annoying to figure out a workaround, but for most things there is. Dayz is playable at the moment. It could be better, but the best is yet to come. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pilgrim = pilgrim said:

If you log in and PLAY the game, or watch youtube, or read the developer updates, or read this Forum AND Play (even ONCE in 2 years) - then you will have interesting real questions and you will find FRIENDS who will spend TIME helping you and discussing the game. LOG IN, watch, read, play.. join the community - spend just ONE or TWO hours of your OWN time and you will get all the HELP all the comment and all the discussion you want.

Kichilron told you this 2 years ago.. right ?

But these questions you put here are NOT real questions - you know it, I know it.

Saying "I haven't logged in for 2 years are there vehicles? The game has problems is it ever going to be finished?" - is obvious simple fake crap. stop it.

xx pilgrim

Listen pal it was a simple question I suggest you take your anger issues out somewhere else who do you think you are some kind of forum god? Go fuck yourself 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

You can read the updates since you last joined Dayz on the Dayztv website:

http://www.dayztv.com/dev/updates/

http://www.dayztv.com/news/

There is a 2-day-old status report commented on by Septic Falcon:

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-status-report-highlight-01-march-2016/

What is always difficult about Dayz is to understand that there are some systems they are rewriting entirely. The Central Loot Economy replaced the way items spawned in Dayz-mod. It's just the first of many systems, such as the infected-AI, character controller, occlusion, or bullet penetration that are refined for the Standalone. But true change can only come with the new renderer, since these systems require the computing power it frees up. Gradually more and more of the old systems will be revamped and all the new ones introduced. 

As for what we already have: cars are working and can be repaired, trucks, buses also spawn. Tents, ammoboxes and barrels are persistent, so you can really store your things now. Gardening works. Leather Crafting works, general crafting works (e.g. combining burlap sack, rope + 3 sticks to craft backpack, crafting bow or fishing rod, fishing works too. You can go hunting and skin/butcher animals and humans. Comparably new guns are the FAL, STEYR AUG, Glock, Winchester, PM Rak, Scorpion, UMP, Vintorez, SvD. There are a couple new items, such as radios and gasmasks, but they have no real significance now. 

Some areas have been reworked (e.g. Berezino) and others will be renewed with the upcoming 0.60 version. I'd say quite a lot has happened since you last played, but a lot of it was in preparation for the renderer and engine update. Zombies/Infected are in the game, but not in their final iteration or amount. In the future, they will be wearing clothes/backpacks and be lootable, too. And we'll see roaming infected hordes, as showcased in some dev videos from last year. 

I agree though, things are taking their time. I'd be a lot happier, if the development went smoother and things like the renderer would really make it in time and without delays. We've been talking about the renderer coming soon for over a year now. It feels surreal that it should actually happen very soon. I'm still playing version 0.59 and find it very enjoyable, but I can't wait to see the things coming. Overall my belief is that the game really increasingly builds its own character and strengths that can almost no longer be compared to the mods. I'm not saying it's better, but different and more fluent, though incomplete. There are still heaps of potential and I can only see the game getting better though at snails pace, sometimes. Of course, right now you need patience with those bugs involving vehicle and some other things. It can get annoying to figure out a workaround, but for most things there is. Dayz is playable at the moment. It could be better, but the best is yet to come. 

Thankyou very much, thats all the info I needed and more besides. Good to see perfect examples of 2 kinds of forum posters here and unlike the other twat ill be perfectly friendly and thankful to a player like yourself.

9 hours ago, Molochius said:

Wow I take it a hell of a lots changed in that time! basically I got the game when it was first released as alpha as Id loved the arma mod, and I played for a good 6 months to a year but then stopped for a long time, ive only recently decided to venture into chenerus again but what can I expect? ive read some stuff about zombies being removed then put back or are they removed now? do we have driveable vehicles and backpacks we can drop and store stuff in yet? I dont expect people to give me a full rundown but as a long time away player what might be the most standout details I would notice if logging in now compared to the year or so after the alpha became available?

And lastly....do we have a release date yet? Ive read about the issues with the design studio and I take it thats why but is this game ever going to be finished and released? seems like its not even in beta stage yet, are we talking a 2017 general release? or even longer?

"What can I expect?": Prepare to get absolutely butf**ked every ten seconds. (not trying to be mean, this is the truth)

"are there zombies?": yes, stay away from them unless you have a weapon.

"are there drive able vehicles": yes

"can you store stuff in vehicles" yes

"do we have a release date yet?" yes its supposed to come out late 2016 (supposedly)

5 hours ago, Molochius said:

Listen pal it was a simple question I suggest you take your anger issues out somewhere else who do you think you are some kind of forum god? Go fuck yourself 

He's just mad cause the game isn't and never will be what was promised. 

EDIT: The game has had a lot of additions, but for me it just plays like garbage. Controls don't feel smooth, and just overall it doesn't feel professional or polished. The only two reasons I keep an eye on it was because I foolishly bought early access and now want my investment worth. Secondly, the exhilaration and adrenaline rush of an ensuing gunfight when you're fully decked out and may lose your gear is unmatched. 

Edited by Aimlessone

pilgrim smacktalking as usual I see..

"what to expect?" more stuff, less lags

Edited by Buakaw