Ander (DayZ)

Database cleanup [2012-07-03]

I'm not sure but it seems that vehicle inventories get arbitrarily wiped. For the last few weeks I've found no rhyme or reason for it. Some vehicles will definately get wiped on a server restart. Others will last a few days, or a week, but if you move them, the next server restart may wipe it clean.

I suppose some of them could have been raided and had every item dropped, but that seems unlikely with how often it happens. As far as I can tell, there is no way of knowing which vehicle will retain it's inventory for any length of time.

None of mine are ever off map.

I wish there was a way of tracking or showing this as it can happen over several days or only hours. Does it depend on the Arma2 beta the server is running?

Has anyone else found that vehicle inventories are less dependable than tents? I still have a couple of tents up that retain their inventories indefinately, even though I've died a few times. Other tents are known to 'eat' stuff, so I don't use them. Haven't found a new tent in the store for over a week so not sure how they work.

Items are serverbound.

Vehicles and items out of bounds are subject to removal. No guarantees at all that they will survive long. Infact I have a few tents on my list for removal that are stored in green acres!

Can you just remove all helis? Only after that ppl will stop worries about huey's radar and will start saving own vehicles on the map.

When will we start seeing character Wipes?

To allow proper testing of the game's loot spawns and player interactions?

Just saying since there are some players that have enough ammo where if you removed all ammo spawns--- they still could shoot Zeds or players with no worry of running out of ammo.

Just wondering...

Tents are tagged to the owner. The person who initially set up the tent. (from what I understand) If that person dies the tent can be looted. But it is no longer tagged to any player and will disappear after an amount of time. A week i think.

Ander' date=' can you confirm this?

If i see a tent (i've set up in previous life) and continue to use it to hold items with 'save' option, will it dissapear in a week?

[hr']

Ander, there are always walking people around they see tent's camp(rised due to bug) and check tents if they holds items, so empty tents never dissapear.

Ya never answered me Ander, hoping to not be completely ignored here on the base building (inside the map borders) with the wire fencing / tank traps / and sandbags, please respond!

Tents are tagged to the owner. The person who initially set up the tent. (from what I understand) If that person dies the tent can be looted. But it is no longer tagged to any player and will disappear after an amount of time. A week i think.

Ander' date=' can you confirm this?

If i see a tent (i've set up in previous life) and continue to use it to hold items with 'save' option, will it dissapear in a week?

[hr']

Ander, there are always walking people around they see tent's camp(rised due to bug) and check tents if they holds items, so empty tents never dissapear.

I have a tent which i placed two or three characters ago and it is still there. I placed it about two weeks ago but still use it regularly. So i think they get removed only if empty and/or unused for a certain amount of time.

Inside map borders = safe (does not get the tent removal purge)

Unused empty tents = wiped after 7 days

Unused tents with items = wiped after 14 days

Refresh tents by either save, using inventory (moving items around) to prevent them getting wiped.

Sandbags, wirefence etc will in the future either be refreshable or have some method to maintain them. The idea isnt that a thousand wirefence wont be possible to be removed :)

This is up to rocket to decide exact mechanics.

Sometimes I wonder how you hear these "facts" that arent true.

Tents can definately be looted by anyone, even if the player hasnt died yet .

Sandbags' date=' wirefence etc will in the future either be refreshable or have some method to maintain them. The idea isnt that a thousand wirefence wont be possible to be removed :)

This is up to rocket to decide exact mechanics. [/quote']

Well I shall have pictures / video very soon of the base I'm building shouldn't take too much longer to finish, don't want to take any pictures or video prematurely, but it shall be pretty awesome.

Hopefully the system Rocket comes up with the wire / tank trap / sandbag refreshing will be viable for my base setup, I guess we will find out, hopefully he will check out my base pics / video when its ready!

Also Ander what is the spawn rate of Sandbags? Are they super rare? I've found plenty of Wire Kits and Tank Traps but I honestly haven't seen Sandbag loot in like over a month, I swear the last time I saw Sandbag loot was back in 1.5 / 1.6.

* Implemented a method to re-create vehicles that were missing entirely from some instances. (either caused by hive bugs or too heavy clean-up in object database, this affected less than 0.1% of available vehicles but would still need to have been done some time in the future). [2012-07-07]

@poisonman: they are pretty rare, cant reveal exact spawn chance :) but I think there are some loot maps floating out there with guesstimates.

@people asking about missing inventory from vehicles/tents: Known bug. Will be fixed with 1.7.2 or upcoming minor hotfixes after that release.

Other notes: There seem to be an issue where weapons sometimes disappear out of backpack. Need more testing to fix.

* Implemented a method to re-create vehicles that were missing entirely from some instances. (either caused by hive bugs or too heavy clean-up in object database' date=' this affected less than 0.1% of available vehicles but would still need to have been done some time in the future). [2012-07-07']

@poisonman: they are pretty rare, cant reveal exact spawn chance :) but I think there are some loot maps floating out there with guesstimates.

Any ETA on the next patch? :P

* Implemented a method to re-create vehicles that were missing entirely from some instances. (either caused by hive bugs or too heavy clean-up in object database' date=' this affected less than 0.1% of available vehicles but would still need to have been done some time in the future). [2012-07-07']

Any ETA on the next patch? :P

Soon™.

Very nice. BUT! If I ride with ATV from Vybor to Putoshka I will glitch and fly away with the ATV on the bridge. I died 2 times like that and that is very annoying. Heres a video of that glitch:

Very nice. BUT! If I ride with ATV from Vybor to Putoshka I will glitch and fly away with the ATV on the bridge. I died 2 times like that and that is very annoying. Heres a video of that glitch:

Can happen driving across dams too.

Doing an Ozzy I think is the term.

Hopefully in Beta you abandon these resets of fences' date=' tents, vehicles, so forth... It really KILLS the rpg element. So what someone left something out in the middle of nowhere. You have to find it somewhere. You just prefer it to be more predictable? No thank you. We found a Bus in the middle of the woods the other day near the NWAF with all kinds of gear in it. That was 100000000000% more exciting than find something in the same old spawn point. It was night. We had to stalk it. Camp it. Make sure no one was returning from a airfield run. (It's a bus ffs, we figured it was a pretty good size group of folks, more suspense). Traveled for refuel. Then spent 2 hours getting to a place we felt safe about. Hell if anything I would rather see the map sized x4 and tents be able to be removed by anyone. Please GOD don't let this turn into just another shooter.

[/quote']

I second this. Wether the owners have died or not, nothing is more gratifying or rewarding than finding other peoples shit. And its totally realistic.

Ander, have you looked at the body de-spawn system/problem?

They de-spawn way to quickly or if you even disconnect! sometimes in less than 10-30seconds! the flies are still there but no body.

Ander' date=' have you looked at the body de-spawn system/problem?

They de-spawn way to quickly or if you even disconnect! sometimes in less than 10-30seconds! the flies are still there but no body.

[/quote']

We are aware of this.

Things are in the works.

Regarding of removing vehicles that are outside the map' date=' does that means that little island far SE of chernarus is too outside the map?

[/quote']Shouldn't be. Outside of the map is where no trees or grass are.

There is no any trees or grass on that island, but it is all about how the cleanup is performing, i.e. taking negative or positive coordinates, for example.

Regarding of removing vehicles that are outside the map' date=' does that means that little island far SE of chernarus is too outside the map?

[/quote']

That little sand island SE of the map is out of bounds... at least you can't log off and respawn there or you get dumped in debug.

We where trying to catch a choppers out there but can never make it even in the PBX.

• Like 1

Ander, In order to prevent the backpack gobbling up a weapon a player has to go into the pack. Then switch the weapon from the pack to being equipped. By using the arrows in the backpack menu. If they put an equipped weapon in the pack in any other way it will more than likely be eaten. I've done some tests with this. I've never had a weapon be eaten again since transferring out of a pack as opposed to the other way around.

Hopefully that helps you guys find the code section causing the weapon munching backpacks.

Pretty good tent system at the minute but hopefully this new system cleans up the tents that people pitch for no apparent reason.

Keep up the good work devs.

Safest way to switch weapon atm is to click "open backpack" then doubleclick the weapon you want to switch to.

Also , it's a known issue that some weapons cause trambling and get overwritten. I'm thinking this is a BIS bug but need more testing.

As for the island. It's "inside the map" and safe.

However there's a very small island waaay out into the ocean that is not safe as 1. your character wont spawn in there (but be placed in debug zone), 2. vehicles dont seem to spawn there after server reboot.