Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Why you shouldnt be excited about 0.60 coming soon

Im just saying; lets not push the dev's. It will be ofcourse the first iteration of some pretty big complicated stuff. And that will just need love, time and patience.

Imagin it could happen that it will not be as good as when it would have taken a little bit longer to perfectionise. I mean like 0.59 is a big improvement on 0.58 and it is guddstuffss. We wouldnt want everything to see being broken?

Ofcourse 0.60 would be awesome aswell! But let's just chill and relaxt, seed some plants, kill some cows and just enjoy the moment when it is there.

Ps: where's the grammar correction stuffs?

I can agree. Too many people don't realize this is the first stage of the new renderer. The FPS gain won't be huge like everyone thinks it's gonna be. 

• Like 1

While the update will be a very large step in the right direction, people need to remember that since the game is not planning on leaving alpha anytime soon, every update must be treated like an alpha update - with new features and maybe mechanics, but at the same time with flaws and problems that will all have to be addressed in the end. No doubt a new renderer will be cool, but it will also set the game in a stage where there's no turning back if anything does not go planned.

Guest LOL i ded

"And that will just need love, time and patience."

Treat the devs like children, got it. I never expect much from each update and I am still disappointed, more bugs, less fps, more useless items and guns. Love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest LOL i ded said:

"And that will just need love, time and patience."

Treat the devs like children, got it. I never expect much from each update and I am still disappointed, more bugs, less fps, more useless items and guns. Love it.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I agree with you Hemmo! I'd rather it be better and not need alot of fixes and be broken than it to be rushed. And by the way, the update 2 weeks ago made it alot less laggy for me, the update a week ago increased the lag somewhat, the update yesterday however made it even better. 

Of course I was a little bit disappointed but then again, like everything with this game, PATIENCE! 

Have a great day. 

12 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

giphy.gif

this really hasn't been cool for almost a decade already. Have nothing to say, post a facepalm ... great achievment, congrats.

11 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

this really hasn't been cool for almost a decade already. Have nothing to say, post a facepalm ... great achievment, congrats.

Good on ya for adding to my apparent uncool-ness, Good job, pal. *Sigh* BTW, Why the hell would I care about being cool on the internet? Serious, that is just dumb. lol

"Cool" response (I guess): Wow, looks like someone doesn't understand game development in the least. You should stay away from early access games if this is how you view things with the development.

Well this topic is off to a good start...

I though it was gonna be all about emphasizing that the soon-ness is what we shouldn't be excited about.

I'm excited for the Tisy base, and to see how badly the persistence fixes will impact my playstyle.  If anybody wants to play a game of "Let's see if we can crash a server" on experimental, let me know; I'll be trying to organize a group of people to gather up the requisite resources to break the first iteration of .60, before they can hastily push it to stable.

23 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Well this topic is off to a good start...

I though it was gonna be all about emphasizing that the soon-ness is what we shouldn't be excited about.

I'm excited for the Tisy base, and to see how badly the persistence fixes will impact my playstyle.  If anybody wants to play a game of "Let's see if we can crash a server" on experimental, let me know; I'll be trying to organize a group of people to gather up the requisite resources to break the first iteration of .60, before they can hastily push it to stable.

Man, it's gonna be a hell of a wait to play .60 when it hits exp unless you are faster than light to join those servers. xD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

Man, it's gonna be a hell of a wait to play .60 when it hits exp unless you are faster than light to join those servers. xD

I might, begrudgingly be forced to swithc back to the ole UI to get that 1/2 second advantage on spamming join. (Yes, I, just as everyone else, will spam join when all of my friends are in a full server)

On .59 experimental, they were pushing patches way too fast for us to really duplicate any of the bad things that happened when multiple vehicles got together.  Very resource-intensive additions were almost impossible to test for bugs, because as soon as we had a couple vehicles working, a new patch and persistence wipe made us start all over again.

I'm not even sure if they know about the problems with a certain class of items.  The ones that are persistent, but not used directly for storage.  Hoping a .60 exp patch stays live long enough for us to cause some significant problems in a place where they are actually looking.

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I might, begrudgingly be forced to swithc back to the ole UI to get that 1/2 second advantage on spamming join. (Yes, I, just as everyone else, will spam join when all of my friends are in a full server)

On .59 experimental, they were pushing patches way too fast for us to really duplicate any of the bad things that happened when multiple vehicles got together.  Very resource-intensive additions were almost impossible to test for bugs, because as soon as we had a couple vehicles working, a new patch and persistence wipe made us start all over again.

I'm not even sure if they know about the problems with a certain class of items.  The ones that are persistent, but not used directly for storage.  Hoping a .60 exp patch stays live long enough for us to cause some significant problems in a place where they are actually looking.

Well, if there is nothing "major" preventing a .60 experimental patch from getting to stable the most amount of time would be 2 days. I'd say 2 days is enough time to get a lot of bugs reported (if there was no major bugs). Although me personally, I HIGHLY doubt .60 will be on experimental for a short amount of time. I think it will be on there for at least 1-2 months.

On 2/26/2016 at 11:05 PM, DJ SGTHornet said:

Well, if there is nothing "major" preventing a .60 experimental patch from getting to stable the most amount of time would be 2 days. I'd say 2 days is enough time to get a lot of bugs reported (if there was no major bugs). Although me personally, I HIGHLY doubt .60 will be on experimental for a short amount of time. I think it will be on there for at least 1-2 months.

I agree with you. I'm sure once .60 hits experimental they won't try to rush it to stable since they'll need plenty of time to iron out the kinks before considering pushing it to stable.

5 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I agree with you. I'm sure once .60 hits experimental they won't try to rush it to stable since they'll need plenty of time to iron out the kinks before considering pushing it to stable.

There is a minimum 2 days that Exp has to be up for. 

18 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

There is a minimum 2 days that Exp has to be up for. 

2 days is nothing considering all of the time and effort needed to get large-scale testing of vehicles and storage persistence facilitated.  If they put in base persistence with the 7-day rule, and don't leave it up for at least 7 days, I just won't know what to think about that.

The result of the last experimental cycle was that we still continued trying to cause vehicle bugs for about a month into stable.  I think that the first 'stable' iteration of .60 needs at least a week of solid uptime to allow for the proper concentrations of persistent items that would start causing problems.  I know a number of people were going for vehicles last time, but I still never saw nearly enough people to believe that the majority weren't just doing the same coastal PvP recycling on the coast.  Experimental 60/60 servers weren't full of people testing the new items and mechanics, it was mostly the PvP-centric crowd who got bored with stable and decided to go kill anyone dumb enough to try testing stuff out near the coast.  I remember the radio massacres of the first day of .59 exp.; first time I ever got KOS'd in Dubrovka.