droid002

Helicopter crashes

1. Make the helicrashes to be more part of a mission. Almost like the airdrop in Rust. Let the heli fly smoking/burning overhead and crash randomly all over the map. Alot of players will follow the trail and fight for the good stuff.

2. Add more "fresh" crashed Russian helis.

3. Add helis ;-)

1) This is supposed to be a survival game, and the apocalypse has been going on for a while. There aren't going to be working helicopters.

2) As stated before.

3) Helicopters would be too overpowered against bambis and semi-geared people. Next thing we know we're adding parachutes to jump out of and kill the person on the ground while you're airborne.

1) They've said before they're not going to have dynamic heli crashes.

2) Considering most of these things were made in the 60s that's as fresh as they're going to get.  Not gonna find much supplies in a Havoc verses a Hip.

3) Pay attention to shit.  They're already planed.  Think most of the art is done from the little bird already.

On 19/2/2016 at 6:00 PM, Your Adept Hero said:

1) This is supposed to be a survival game, and the apocalypse has been going on for a while. There aren't going to be working helicopters.

2) As stated before.

3) Helicopters would be too overpowered against bambis and semi-geared people. Next thing we know we're adding parachutes to jump out of and kill the person on the ground while you're airborne.

Refer to 

On 2/19/2016 at 9:00 AM, Your Adept Hero said:

How do you know that ?? Nothing has been set in stone.. its not set 10 years after day zero. There is no written narrative. Maybe other small parts of the world are still operating ??

I would love to see choppers crashing for real in game it would at some real atmosphere and depth

12 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

1) They've said before they're not going to have dynamic heli crashes.

Bummer

Ps How shit is the new forum layout ? I liked the old one heaps better !

11 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

How do you know that ?? Nothing has been set in stone.. its not set 10 years after day zero. There is no written narrative. Maybe other small parts of the world are still operating ??

I would love to see choppers crashing for real in game it would at some real atmosphere and depth

We're at most a year out from 'Day Zero' but it's probably closer to weeks.  The 'lore' (what little of it) has been put out there, 100% of those that can be infected have been, which is something around 98% of the global population.  Of that 98% something like 60% of the infected simply died from it, the remaining 40 is what we're dealing with.  The 2% is who we play as.  There's no government official sitting in a bunker sending out choppers and spec ops teams looking for a  cure or other survivors.  The only flying choppers you're going to encounter is one that a survivor found, fixed up, and managed to learn how to fly without crashing horribly.

TL;DR: The only choppers you're gonna see crashing are the ones flown by players who either DC or get shot down.

6 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

We're at most a year out from 'Day Zero' but it's probably closer to weeks.  The 'lore' (what little of it) has been put out there, 100% of those that can be infected have been, which is something around 98% of the global population.  Of that 98% something like 60% of the infected simply died from it, the remaining 40 is what we're dealing with.  The 2% is who we play as.  There's no government official sitting in a bunker sending out choppers and spec ops teams looking for a  cure or other survivors.  The only flying choppers you're going to encounter is one that a survivor found, fixed up, and managed to learn how to fly without crashing horribly.

Ok, so where is this information then ?

I dont recall reading anything and i keep a good close eye on most of the dayz info :D

I can't even begin to dig around like I used to with the new set up.  The numbers I stated may not be 100% accurate but they're close.  And what little lore tidbids they give us do get buried in forum posts like these rather than put into the status reports.  Supposedly Rocket's brother (whos a virologist) has drafted up a paper describing the Infection in detail, that paper has yet to be released to the general public to my knowledge.

On 2016-02-19 at 0:00 AM, Your Adept Hero said:

2) As stated before.

But smoking choppers contradicts what you are saying. A chopper that just crashed/smoking = a couple of hours old...

1. survival game? Food in almost all of the houses, a lot of weapons and gear. Day Z in it´s current state is PVP with style. It´s more like surviving by dodging bullets.

I guess that you have played the Day Z Mod? I would´t consider the choppers overpowered. And also why introduce cars, and trucks shouldn´t  they be removed as well? According to your thoughts regarding choppers?

On 3/2/2016 at 5:26 AM, droid002 said:

But smoking choppers contradicts what you are saying. A chopper that just crashed/smoking = a couple of hours old...

1. survival game? Food in almost all of the houses, a lot of weapons and gear. Day Z in it´s current state is PVP with style. It´s more like surviving by dodging bullets.

I guess that you have played the Day Z Mod? I would´t consider the choppers overpowered. And also why introduce cars, and trucks shouldn´t  they be removed as well? According to your thoughts regarding choppers?

Do you want to be killed by a kid jumping out of the sky from a helicopter you can't see?

DayZero has corpes of dead soldiers around their helicrashes. Makes it feel more intuitive to loot I think.

At 4:07

Well, random locations for heli crashes are a good idea. There is no reason why they should exclusively be in the North West.

51 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Well, random locations for heli crashes are a good idea. There is no reason why they should exclusively be in the North West.

Just like there is no reason military loot is only at NWA

44 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Just like there is no reason military loot is only at NWA

Was this to add content or to prove, that you post the coolest comments on the block? ....

1 minute ago, Noctoras said:

Was this to add content or to prove, that you post the coolest comments on the block? ....

Are you actually implying helicopter crashsites should spawn all around chernarus as opposed to the current model?? -_-

1 minute ago, Buakaw said:

Are you actually implying helicopter crashsites should spawn all around chernarus as opposed to the current model?? -_-

Yes ... in a way I think "helicopter routes" should not exist, so my suggestion is either to make it more spawnpoints all across the map or really to make it random. I see the point of NWAF being an "endgame" location ... and it makes sense that mil loot is most prevalent at a big military installtion. Which doesn't imply that mil loot shouldn't spawn anywhere else, but you get what I mean.

When it comes to heli crashes, why should they have preset locations. They could also have crashed somewhere else around the map. Personally I would prefer this to these preset heli crash routes. One could argue both ways, though.

I already think they are a pain as they are in their current iteration - a mere timesink for bored players that doesn't really make too much sense gameplaywise.

For all I care they could make helis much rarer and more widespread but in turn they would be guaranteed to spawn some sort of decent weaponry and not just a bunch of boots. Weapon rarity should be:

1. Grade: guns rarely spawning at helicopters

2. Grade: guns commonly spawning at helicopters (still rare just not as stupidly rare as now)

3. Grade: mil loc guns

4. Grade civ spawn guns

And bam helis would feel much more convenient already imo.

On 2/19/2016 at 3:00 PM, Your Adept Hero said:

2) As stated before.

The "infection" didn't effect the car engines now did it? or vehicle stability/structure.

21 hours ago, Cavity said:

The "infection" didn't effect the car engines now did it? or vehicle stability/structure.

This was posted last month.

2 hours ago, Your Adept Hero said:

This was posted last month.

And? Its still a debate.