Sign in to follow this  
Zurvivalist

Fishing Nets and Rabbit Snares

-snip-

Netting is spawning? Where did you find it? 

And your microphone sounds broken, besides that informative video.

Netting is spawning? Where did you find it? 

And your microphone sounds broken, besides that informative video.

In boats on the coast... only took 30 damn hours of running back and forth to find some to make that video ...... 

Yea, Still working on getting the setup right . Trial and error at this point. But thanks for the feedback. 

• Like 1

good to see some one who plays like i like to play the game, the guys that I have played with don't stop running long enough to catch fish or hunt game . and the one  guy that started to play with me don't play much due to his job. so it's the lone life for me i hope they do put more stuff in the game for the live off the land guys . i have over 900 hours in the game and have not killed any one, well other than one time in a zed attack when i killed my buddy by accident .

• Like 1

I've done trapping and fishing before and still learned a couple of things here.  nice video.

• Like 1

good to see someone who plays like i like to play the game, the guys that I have played with don't stop running long enough to catch fish or hunt game . and the one  guy that started to play with me don't play much due to his job. so it's the lone life for me i hope they do put more stuff in the game for the live off the land guys . i have over 900 hours in the game and have not killed anyone, well other than one time in a zed attack when i killed my buddy by accident .

We really should all try to meet up sometime. Would be interesting to test out large group survival . 

Full server full of like minded hunters/farmers /fishermen . 

• Like 1

They really should spawn more netting! I'm not a huge fan of running up and down the coast, but when it happens I usually find half a dozen boats, which usually have 1 or 2 items at them, mostly pants :( I don't see why netting must be that rare and I don't think there should only be those boats at the coast, but also near the bigger lakes around the map. Like the one at Zaprudnoe or the two lakes near Berezino. There are still some static boats there, but those stopped spawning netting ages ago. I also don't like how Rify is really empty and an unused area. I hope they add some interior to the ship, maybe even some cargo, so it can be a more worthwhile place to visit. It's a shame to waste these pretty places for nothing. 

What happens when you use the fishnet in the ocean? I know the small fish trap (cut plastic bottle with knife) catches sardines, but does the net trap catch just more sardines? OR MAYBE A SHARK ;)

I also still have to check if we need to fillet Sardines or if they will cook as a whole. I see a reason to remove guts, but they are really easily cooked as a whole on a stick.

I'm looking forward to having the normal fishing rod. I hope it will be a bit more interesting than fishing with the improvised rod. I like all the survival stuff a lot and think there will probably be mods at some point that deal more with hunting+survival than with the whole shooting people thing. I know that's a different game, but somehow I enjoy it more than the military aspects. It just needs a lot more work.

• Like 1

What happens when you use the fishnet in the ocean? I know the small fish trap (cut plastic bottle with knife) catches sardines, but does the net trap catch just more sardines? OR MAYBE A SHARK ;)

I also still have to check if we need to fillet Sardines or if they will cook as a whole. I see a reason to remove guts, but they are really easily cooked as a whole on a stick.

I'll look into this tomorrow, as I rarely ever stay on the coast long enough to test things . 

I did however try sardines once raw ... got sick .. just as fast as eating a worm.. so thats something i guess 

i think mackerel can be caught in the net fish trap in the ocean 

That would be awesome! Maybe I'll try some of the fishing myself, too. The lack of netting kept me from doing it, but I do camp near a lake and go fishing with the rod quite often. But most of the time I hunt. I can't wait until the introduce drying racks and possibly a way to smoke food. I really hope the amount of canned goods is gonna drop significantly when the animal AI and population is more complete.