Grimey Rick

Anyone else experiencing a frozen screen, but still able to hear your character move around? CTRL ALT DEL necessary when it occurs.

Topic.

4 or 6 times this patch I've had the screen go black wall to wall (so no mouse, no popup bar, nothing)

My player is still in the game, can hear him move, can reload etc - I lie him down flat (he's usually somewhere shit when this happens)

then have to C-A-D, stop DayZ, stop STEAM, restart everything to get back in.

& 3 or 4 times the screen has frozen on the server select list, but I never gave that much thought.

These things only happened since the last patch, not before (not blaming anything)

No idea of the cause - I thought it was my card overheating or some local glitch.. really no idea.

you are the first to mention it.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Intelligent banter.

It's definitely not your card (well, not definitely), because I have run DayZ on both of my graphics cards and the issue persists. It's pretty infrequent, but it happens, and I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing is as I haven't played since 0.55.

• Like 1

I've had it twice this patch. For me, I actually had to restart my PC completely. The black screen persisted even after hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del.

• Like 1

I've had it twice this patch. For me, I actually had to restart my PC completely. The black screen persisted even after hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del.

This... not black screen though- it just froze my screen completely. Entire computer locked up- had to power cycle as well. 

I do have -dologs in my start up parameters... see what I can find. 

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for their crash dumps and logs- 

Logs: 

C:\Program Files (x(86)\steam\logs

Crash dumps:

C:\Program Files (x(86)\steam\dumps