Sign in to follow this  
dayzstandalone

Questions About The Game

Good job on updating the game and making it playable! I have a few questions like where to find 7.62 X 39 and I also want to know where .308 ammo spawns. I do not know where they spawn and I even found 2 winchesters but no ammo. Also in balota I can't even find millitary loot besides some clothes, where is it at?

7.62x39mm rounds are found in...

- Residential buildings, though rarely.

- Deer Stands, almost always in boxes of twenty.

- Military Spawns, in the form of AK magazines, SKS stripper clips, and piles and boxes.

.308 rounds are found in...

- Residential buildings, almost always in piles

- Deer Stands in loose piles and in snaploaders

As for Balota, if you want military loot then you'll have to focus more on military buildings and tents. Your best bet is the NWAF, Veresnik, the Forest Base to the North, the Myshkino tent city, and the tents at Stary Sobor.

Oh, and helicopter crashes if you come across them.

ALL LOOT LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH UPDATES! This information may not be completely correct when 0.60 rolls out secretly in the next week...pffft. I wish. 

Edited by Rags
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for putting work into that post!!! Does anyone know if the forest base really spawns good loot now? Last time I was on there was barely anything.

The Northern forest base has one of the new double row bunk barracks, and those usually do better than the single hall barracks with showers.  I still occasionally find interesting things at the Pavlovo base.

• Like 1

The Northern forest base has one of the new double row bunk barracks, and those usually do better than the single hall barracks with showers.  I still occasionally find interesting things at the Pavlovo base.

Yeah, unfortunately the regular single hall barracks seemed to be invaded with useless medical clothing now, at least from what I've seen.

• Like 1

They're squat, square shaped single floor buildings with a large open door, bunks either side and kit-boxes in front of the boxes. 

Yeah, unfortunately the regular single hall barracks seemed to be invaded with useless medical clothing now, at least from what I've seen.

Occasionally I find military clothing, AK magazines, or ammo boxes.  Also, always a good place to check for plate-carrier pouches.

Fire Stations used to be good, but i haven't seen the same level of great loot there recently.  Corner pubs usually have the better stuff, but now-days it's probably more food, equipment and maybe magazines or light civilian weapons.  Police stations have light auto-weapons, ammunition for larger calibre, and melee.

I'd make the trip to Kamenka/Pavlovo barracks to the West, then skirt up the western margain through Zeleno and then to NWAF or Novy Sobor through Green Mountain.

I avoid Elektro/Berez/Cherno in general.  And i don't think Svetlojarsk or Novodrimvodsk or whatever up in the NE has much in the spire or surrounds any more.

That's if you're after Top Tier Mil-Gear.  There's deer stands and black wooden hunter cabins all over the map that have acceptable long arms.

And of course, helicoptor crashes, which are static.  They're more densely clustered up in the NW, although there's only a chance that a given number of them spawn on a server at any time.  So they could all be in one place statistically speaking...

Check http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplusfor spoiler alert map locations.  I believe it's mostly or completely updated.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1