Sign in to follow this  
Zurvivalist

Bad shot ? Or Bad code ?

So last night before work I decided to take the advice of every pretty lady I have met recently and got lost . 
Took the gauntlet run up the coast looking for netting , which I of course have yet to find since .59 hit. Once i hit the north east corner I just ran blindly for a while before I logged off . 

This morning I got on and started heading westward. 
Found a small little Summer camp with a inground pool I'm not sure if I have ever seen before. Did a little fishing and continued on my journey. 

q7S8f8z.jpg

mE4Cv5H.jpg

Not too long afterwards I came across a little backwater town and decided to explore a little. 
I have no clue where I am at this point. 

MSQLyd2.jpg

Its shortly after sunrise now . And by a small pond I spot a herd of Elk just waking up .

In the video you will see where I attempted to do a double kill shot with the blaze, but even though I did mess up and aimed too high , I somehow still shot the female and not the male ? 

Either the bullet dropped over 12 inches in under 100m , or something about the female being in front , forced the hit on her rather than my actual target ? 

I cant really figure this one out, and decided to post the vid on the off chance someone else has seen anything like it before 

Sorry i dont remember the code to get the images to show properly 

• Like 1

Probably just the wonky elk hitbox. You were zeroed to 100m and were higher than the target, so I think that the hitbox just extended a little bit higher than the elk really was. 

In the video you will see where I attempted to do a double kill shot with the blaze, but even though I did mess up and aimed too high , I somehow still shot the female and not the male ?

I see nothing unexpected. You were zeroed to 100m. They were 90m away. You loot a male one.

http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html#c=-8;-18;7

I see nothing unexpected. You were zeroed to 100m. They were 90m away. You loot a male one.

http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html#c=-8;-18;7

Watch it again , The female was infront of the male. When I pulled the trigger I had the crosshairs at his shoulders, , but it hit the female in the neck 

According the the DayZtv map , The shot was roughly 80-90 m , If zeroed to 100m , The shot should have went over where my crosshairs were aiming Not below it .  This is how zeroing works to account for bullet drop. 

My only thought is that because i used the select fire to double fire the rifle, It either affected the sights , ( which it shouldnt, as I've tested this many many times )

OR the two bullets spread apart ,  But the female was struck first which somehow cancel out the second bullets ability to hit a different target 

@op

are you running a lower res? or is the screen wider then it should be. Just curious because your video seemed out a tad.

Otherwise great kills, lots of meat to cook up

@op

are you running a lower res? or is the screen wider then it should be. Just curious because your video seemed out a tad.

Otherwise great kills, lots of meat to cook up

yes my res got screwed up after using the newui earlier , didnt notice it until i reviewed that days screenshots and videos 

• Like 1

Iirc the double shot does not fire simultaneously but instead is a slight delay that varies on fps. The higher the fps the less delay between the two shots. This means that there are times when the shots will land a foot or so apart.

yes my res got screwed up after using the newui earlier , didnt notice it until i reviewed that days screenshots and videos 

I had the same issue too, then i took the new ui off it ran better, and i had to adjust the screen all over again.

I doubt its perfect the way i had it but its still close.