97ADU Doug

VSS is as loud as an unsuppresed weapon

Title.

Done tests with 3 other players. The VSS can be heard from over 500m away. Anyone else experiencing this?

Was looking forward to making a ninja character, was quite put off using the VSS after discovering this.

Title.

Done tests with 3 other players. The VSS can be heard from over 500m away. Anyone else experiencing this?

Was looking forward to making a ninja character, was quite put off using the VSS after discovering this.

I'm sure Andrej will get right on it.

But seriously, that sucks. Whats the point of having a sweet supressed gun and subsonic ammo if its just like every other gun.

Have you tested to see if it attracts infected like other guns?

I'm sure Andrej will get right on it.

But seriously, that sucks. Whats the point of having a sweet supressed gun and subsonic ammo if its just like every other gun.

Have you tested to see if it attracts infected like other guns?

I have not im afraid.

It acts like a suppressed AKM around zombies but can be heard around 900 meters away easily with my sound settings.

It acts like a suppressed AKM around zombies but can be heard around 900 meters away easily with my sound settings.

Just tested at myshinko tents, 1 shot aggrod them like no tomorrow

Just tested at myshinko tents, 1 shot aggrod them like no tomorrow

Thats wierd, ran around NWAF with my VSS and shot a few zombies, but none of them got upset. This was before they added the FAL and Glock tho.

Thats wierd, ran around NWAF with my VSS and shot a few zombies, but none of them got upset. This was before they added the FAL and Glock tho.

Yeah, somethings gotta be bugged out cause when i tried it this wasn't happening.

• Like 1

I've been running a public character with a VSS for about a week now.  I definitely does not have the sound qualities that it should have.  Aggros as much zombies as the longhorn, from ranges up to 300 meters.  It still has the high-pitched "pew" sound.  The actual sound of SP-6 rounds appears to be something more like this.

It would seem very likely to not even hear a hint of this gun in an open field at 100 meters.  I've heard paintball guns louder than this rifle.

I've heard paintball guns louder than this rifle.

I've been plagiarized. Mods - Ban emuthreat plox. ASAP. BYOB. 

• Like 1

I've been plagiarized. Mods - Ban emuthreat plox. ASAP. BYOB. 

Proof or it didn't happen.  I can't be expected to read everything.

Well, I've heard them too.  Gonna have to cite independent experience.  I usually don't even respond to copyright trolling.

My people will call your people and then we will hash this out over lunch.

I've been using the VSS since 59 hit stable, ( got really lucky on my first heli sighting) Havent found another since . 

However, after doing a lot of testing and even reported this on the exp boards 

Animals do not hear the gun being fired directly at them if you miss. Zombies dont hear it at all either . 

But players can hear it from a good distance away still . 

Maybe something changed since christmas eve . which was the last time I played , or your particular guns are bugged ? 

Ill speak to one of the clan guys and find out if they have any issues with the T, silenced or whatever.

Did you post it on the bugs? so i can report on it too?

Sorry, i don't have the vss yet, i want to try one out badly but this SVD "i am just a lovin it!"

Ill speak to one of the clan guys and find out if they have any issues with the T, silenced or whatever.

Did you post it on the bugs? so i can report on it too?

Sorry, i don't have the vss yet, i want to try one out badly but this SVD "i am just a lovin it!"

T just toggles between semi and full auto 

what one is it? one of those keys silences the Aug more. Might be T and i am sure others are using it to silence the Aug more.

what one is it? one of those keys silences the Aug more. Might be T and i am sure others are using it to silence the Aug more.

Sounds like a weird bug if true.

Seems fine to me, its no where as quite as the Amphibia S nor should it be. But by comparison to other snipers, SVD, Mosin PU, ect its whisper quite.

Edited by Foolee

Already seen that, the VSS in game is no cannon.

Already seen that, the VSS in game is no cannon.

But surely you would agree that the VSS as it is currently in game is much louder than it is supposed to be?

• Like 1

I think that once they have the game nearing completion that they need to go record gun sounds to put into the game. Realistic fresh recordings.

I think that once they have the game nearing completion that they need to go record gun sounds to put into the game. Realistic fresh recordings.

They already did a fair amount of the recording. The Audio subforum of the Developer section has a post about it. The UMP45 and the SVD just got new sounds so I imagine the VSS will to. As far as I can tell, the VSS is really just using the same sound as a suppressed AK.