Sign in to follow this  
shaun

My Idea

There is one thing missing in every survival game. The need to go to the toilet.

Everyone has to go to the toilet at some point in their lives. This feature would add extra realism.

Snipers would have to take a dump in a bag while out in the woods.

post-235714-0-41978000-1450988437_thumb.

Also, more evidence of an actual apocalypse:

Parts of human bodies in houses

Intestines ripped out

Zombies partially mutilated

More gore

Blood sprays on you after killing someone

Better blood graphics

Blood sprays on your gun at close range

Other Ideas:

Make appliances in the houses work

Introduce more loot associated with the location like a house filled with household items.

Design new buildings with different interiors for each individual building. Every house and shop looks the same.

Edited by ShaunG078
  • Like 1

This has been brought up numerous times. This is a video game, not a poop simulator.

If they put in pooping then people will be like "yay, finally poop!....but why is it always brown? Sometimes in real life its green or beige and runny and smells like chicken" etc etc.

So yeah, its a slippery slope (pun intended) that im sure the devs dont wish to deal with.

It just seems unrealistic to go that long, even days, without a single drop of urine.

I thought they wanted to make the game realistic.

Edited by ShaunG078

You're right. How about an arse wiping minigame? Female characters should have periods too.

I'd really like to see a sharting mechanic.

I need to take a dump

I need to take a dump

I need to take a dump

I am touching cloth

You are dead

EDIT

What a 1000th post.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 6

There are two ways that they could go about simulating excretion of waste. One way is the way that games like ARK have used, i.e. not super realistic and more of a joke addition than a survival mechanic. Or they could go the other, super-realistic way...but there are many problems with it as others have mentioned. Underwear would need to be a clothing item, we would need to keep all of our clothes clean, etc...like having to sleep in-game, I'd say that a waste excretion system does not fit in DayZ.

It just seems unrealistic to go that long, even days, without a single drop of urine.

I thought they wanted to make the game realistic.

There are all ready many aspects that make the game about surviving in an infected wasteland "realistic". But i think the game will work even without the poop.

But then again, i'm an optimist. So it could very well bring the Bohemian empire down by not including wiping your ass with poison ivy ...

Don't get me wrong, there were lots of disappointed people when they found out we wont be able to smear walls with poop notes, so you arent alone.

..//..

beige and runny and smells like chicken

..//..

Man, I WARNED you not to eat that stuff !

Man, I WARNED you not to eat that stuff !

• Like 1

Good God, no.

Listen: I am probably one of the biggest proponent of "realism" there is on this forum, but I will never, EVER budge when it comes to my "NO POOPING" opinion.

1) There are plenty of ways that diarrhea ( a common wilderness disease, often lethal) and other suchlike "events" can be represented. My preferred way is through the character losing a lot of "water/hydration", all of a sudden. 

2) What do you think the #1 use of fecal matter/urine will be in-game? Just ...... just guess, and the first two don't count.

Griefing. Players will capture each other, tie each other down, and poop all over each other. Players will piss on you when you are dead. Players will force-feed you shit. In my honest opinion, there is already enough material in the game geared towards that already ( being able to handcuff/tie other players, put sacks over their heads, force-feed them things, etc). No need to add fuel to the fire.

• Like 2

Hahahaha please noooo xD I see where you're coming from, man, but I rather like things to go along with the idea that I am peeing and pooping enough in real life lol. Realism is great, mind you and I want more of it, but not that far.

But Lmao. . Can you imagine the Poop-Throwers!? xD

But Lmao. . Can you imagine the Poop-Throwers!? xD

I'd like to imagine completely covering yourself with poop would become a tactic for identifying one's squadmates, like the no-pants squads back in the day :P

• Like 1

Good God, no.

Listen: I am probably one of the biggest proponent of "realism" there is on this forum, but I will never, EVER budge when it comes to my "NO POOPING" opinion.

1) There are plenty of ways that diarrhea ( a common wilderness disease, often lethal) and other suchlike "events" can be represented. My preferred way is through the character losing a lot of "water/hydration", all of a sudden. 

2) What do you think the #1 use of fecal matter/urine will be in-game? Just ...... just guess, and the first two don't count.

Griefing. Players will capture each other, tie each other down, and poop all over each other. Players will piss on you when you are dead. Players will force-feed you shit. In my honest opinion, there is already enough material in the game geared towards that already ( being able to handcuff/tie other players, put sacks over their heads, force-feed them things, etc). No need to add fuel to the fire.

But that's not even the best way to mess with captures!! Take a few victims and a few sewing kits and voila... human caterpillar!! The ultimate poop related use!!

Merry Christmas everyone lol

• Like 1

Manure is a great fertilizer for your garden.

Good God, no.

Dude... I know you are trying to say no to pooping but this vision of what it would become actually had me leaning the other way. Too funny! This whole thread has me conflicted! lol