energeticsheep

Double-Carrying Weapons

I think that instead of only being able to carry one firearm on your back that you should be able to carry two, this of course would be at the sacrifice of any melee weapon which you are carrying on your back. You could store the melee weapon in your bag although this would greatly sacrifice space. Effectively, you would be able to triple-carry if you were to carry a weapon in your hands at the same time you had two weapons on your back, but there wouldn't be much reason to do so.

Additionally, you should also be able to carry two melee weapons on your back.

I don't really have the time to construct a full post but if someone has a question feel free to ask.

• Like 2

eventually they're going to introduce stamina and encumberence, and the only time you would ever WANT this is if you were moving your entire camp.

I disagree. In my opinion it would be good if the devs found a way to make double-carrying impossible. You should only have access to one primary weapon. But as stated above the stamina system iS coming at some point and hopefully that should accurately simulate it, meaning that double-carrying won't be viable.

I disagree. In my opinion it would be good if the devs found a way to make double-carrying impossible. You should only have access to one primary weapon. But as stated above the stamina system iS coming at some point and hopefully that should accurately simulate it, meaning that double-carrying won't be viable.

I find it unrealistic if double-carrying were to be "impossible", but double-carrying with the new stamina system should have drastic negative effects. Having weapon straps to allow for the ability to have a maximum of two firearms on your back seems like a viable option, though.

I find it unrealistic if double-carrying were to be "impossible", but double-carrying with the new stamina system should have drastic negative effects. Having weapon straps to allow for the ability to have a maximum of two firearms on your back seems like a viable option, though.

I agree that you should theoretically be able to. However I fear that the stamina system won't put enough of a penalty on you for double carrying consistently to make you not do it; this is why I think the solution may be to simply disallow it altogether.

I still wouldn't say carrying two or three primaries is viable though. The added weight from the extra weapons will mean you have to pack less other gear/get a small backpack or wear none, which means you will have less inventory space, which means you won't be able to carry enough ammo and equipment (magazines, scopes) for both guns.

I agree that you should theoretically be able to. However I fear that the stamina system won't put enough of a penalty on you for double carrying consistently to make you not do it; this is why I think the solution may be to simply disallow it altogether.

This also applies to things like fire axes or sledgehammers.

I would like it if there where just two slots where a rifle or a large melee weapon could be put.

But then, I am the odd guy who likes wandering around with two large melee weapons.

This also applies to things like fire axes or sledgehammers.

Pretty much.

In real life, I don't "magically" attach my woods-axe to my back when hiking. I strap in to the outside of my pack, or failing that, fit it inside.

-snip- Having weapon straps -snip-

Pretty much.

In real life, I don't "magically" attach my woods-axe to my back when hiking. I strap in to the outside of my pack, or failing that, fit it inside.

I agree. You can't just magically attach heavy weapons to your back.

I like the idea that you need to find or craft a weapon strap to be able to shoulder a weapon. Otherwise you'd need to always carry it in your hands or put it in your backpack if it fits. 

With a encumbrance system I think carrying a large rifle and a large melee weapon will no longer be feasible.

I'm excited to see the time when everyone doesn't just go for the biggest baddest gun they can find. Rather, they'd have to think about how carrying such a large weapon will effect their movement and what else they can carry.

I personally think the weight/stamina system will play a huge part in dealing with abuse in double carry, but ultimately I would like to see for melee and primary weapons to actually carry them over the shoulder you need to attach a sling to them (primary weapons can take a rifle sling or improvised sling but melees only an improvised sling,) otherwise you'd have to carry them in your hands or stow them in your pack somehow. This system shouldn't discriminate between primary and melee weapons though.

• Like 1

I personally think the weight/stamina system will play a huge part in dealing with abuse in double carry, but ultimately I would like to see for melee and primary weapons to actually carry them over the shoulder you need to attach a sling to them (primary weapons can take a rifle sling or improvised sling but melees only an improvised sling,) otherwise you'd have to carry them in your hands or stow them in your pack somehow. This system shouldn't discriminate between primary and melee weapons though.

Yeah, so basically the same as what I said?

But what do you mean by it "shouldn't discriminate between primary and melee weapons"? That both need a strap to shoulder?

If so, I agree. There should be no magic weapon magnets in either shoulder :P

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this suggestion..

I'd be able to play multiple games of pac-man.

As of right now; they don't want you to be able to carry two weapons on your back because it would be too OP and no downside.

Once weight/stamina/over-encumbrance is implemented they should allow you to do so if you're willing to sacrifice some speed or available "weight in your inventory" if it's gonna be like Skyrim or Fallout.

Hope I helped.

Cheers.

Best Regards,

~This guy

Yeah, so basically the same as what I said?

But what do you mean by it "shouldn't discriminate between primary and melee weapons"? That both need a strap to shoulder?

If so, I agree. There should be no magic weapon magnets in either shoulder :P

That there shouldn't be a separate melee and primary weapon slot. They should be an any item slot.

• Like 1