ted striker

Persistence? Oil Barrels, Tents and Backpacks Working?

So are these working correctly now, or is there still a danger of losing your stuff? What other options do we have? 

I've messed around with these Wardrobes, but the items seem to disappear after awhile. 

What about vehicles? Will they hold items without losing them? Are vehicles totally persistent? 

Also, what's the deal with all of your gear getting wet in these oil barrels? Is there a way to empty them out of water or fuel before placing items inside of them?

I stopped playing 6 or 8 months ago because there was no way to store your gear or make a camp. So this seems like a positive move for DayZ... Finally after two years in alpha. 

tents and barrels last 45 days, last I heard.

backpacks only stay an hour or so.  weapons just dropped on the ground disappear VERY quickly - they don't stay like they used to.

Vehicles are persistent - anything you store in them will stay. If you open the lid on a barrel, I think it should give you the option to empty the liquid - I assume you need to empty out the items first.

And game development takes time.

can you carry barrels filled with water?

Probably not. Water weighs about 8 lbs per gallon. A 5 gallon bucket weighs 40lbs when full. A 55gal drum ....

• Like 1

Anybody know what the life time of protector cases is?

The protector case, Ammo Box, Backpack and small dry bag should fall in the same category. If that's the case, then abotu an hour or more like the backpack maybe? 

I wish there were more persistent storage items. The wardrobes don't seem to work very well either. 

So all we have are tents, vehicles and oil barrels... I'm assuming there will be more in the future. 

The protector case, Ammo Box, Backpack and small dry bag should fall in the same category. If that's the case, then abotu an hour or more like the backpack maybe? 

I wish there were more persistent storage items. The wardrobes don't seem to work very well either. 

So all we have are tents, vehicles and oil barrels... I'm assuming there will be more in the future. 

Just checked my protector cases and they lasted the night so perhaps not.

Interesting, would be nice to get a confirmation on how long these things last without interaction. 

• Like 1

tents and barrels last 45 days, last I heard.

backpacks only stay an hour or so.  weapons just dropped on the ground disappear VERY quickly - they don't stay like they used to.

Tents and barrels actually last 7 days now because they added the ability to refresh the despawn timer when interacting with items now.

I've got a camp set up with four barrels and a protector case. Three days now, doing good. Found a bus crashed in the woods North of the NWAF. It's like a lovely Christmas tree, always has a present for me. Yesterday, an ASK74U and cow steaks. Today, an SVD and mag. I wonder what Santa will bring me tonight!

I did see a broken up VBS truck at the bus station that seemed to have shifted 90 degrees in place after one restart and gone the next day. Not sure if the server or player moved it. Wasn't functional when I checked it last.

Edited by Grindstone

During .58 we had protector cases left on the ground for easily 45 days. Curious as to how long they last now.

Also I've heard tents are harder to come by in .59, haven't gone searching for them yet but the apts near novo always provided for me. How's the tent hunt been going for you guys?

During .58 we had protector cases left on the ground for easily 45 days. Curious as to how long they last now.

Also I've heard tents are harder to come by in .59, haven't gone searching for them yet but the apts near novo always provided for me. How's the tent hunt been going for you guys?

I personally have only found one tent and it was in Novo. The other couple of times I have searched those apts they had been cleared out on different servers.

I've got a camp set up with four barrels and a protector case. Three days now, doing good. Found a bus crashed in the woods North of the NWAF. It's like a lovely Christmas tree, always has a present for me. Yesterday, an ASK74U and cow steaks. Today, an SVD and mag. I wonder what Santa will bring me tonight!

I did see a broken up VBS truck at the bus station that seemed to have shifted 90 degrees in place after one restart and gone the next day. Not sure if the server or player moved it. Wasn't functional when I checked it last.

Damn Im Jealous, took me 2 months of solid searching in .58 to find an SVD

Logged on earlier and 3 cars, 3 barrels all gone. Server had its name changed too. (public server, btw.)

So, server admin can just delete the persistence when they feel like it?

Logged on earlier and 3 cars, 3 barrels all gone. Server had its name changed too. (public server, btw.)

So, server admin can just delete the persistence when they feel like it?

No, they have to contact the GSP in order to do that.