sneakydudes

This suggestion will stop most Server hopers

One character per server would also fix the problem and countless other bigger problems.

If there was only one character per server then the entire CLE wouldn't even be necessary.

• Like 1

Instead of taking time completely offline, why not post it

Server

Day

Night

Players total 50, or 30 or 100 when that comes available. Only sizing up the servers capacity

Player names in game

Nada, Zilch, nothing.

Keeps you in the dark, highlighting more fear on every corner.

However when you kill a person

UID, players name are identified. (even if they exit)

Then the person can SS that or videotape for mods.

I do agree bone boys is onto something totally different, but in the meantime this would stop many things.

Persistence of items has a whole lot to do with it too.

Even though, things changed in development, it still is quite easy to do it. I can agree this is alpha and lots is going on. However, after alpha i hope we can make some changes???

For the sake of the game in general.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

Instead of taking time completely offline, why not post it

Server

Day

Night

Players total 50, or 30 or 100 when that comes available. Only sizing up the servers capacity

Player names in game

Nada, Zilch, nothing.

Keeps you in the dark, highlighting more fear on every corner.

However when you kill a person

UID, players name are identified. (even if they exit)

Then the person can SS that or videotape for mods.

I do agree bone boys is onto something totally different, but in the meantime this would stop many things.

Persistence of items has a whole lot to do with it too.

Even though, things changed in development, it still is quite easy to do it. I can agree this is alpha and lots is going on. However, after alpha i hope we can make some changes???

For the sake of the game in general.

Because than someone will make a new Serverbrowser or u go on the Server and push Shift+Tab(steam tells you who is on the Server too)

When stamina comes to game, we could reduce stamina to something very critical when reconnecting to a server. You can think about it as a long journey from one distant location (server) to another. So it's like a resource for travelling. You join the server very exhausted after a long journey. You can walk slowly, etc, even shoot, but you require some time to replenish the stamina and become fully effective looter\fighter. It may compensate both for loot farming and combat logging, maybe. Tell me what you think.

Posted wrong topic? or a little side tracked from OP? Explain what this would do to stop server hoping.

Best i can get from your responses reduce the stamina to the point it will make you very tired for up to 30 minutes something like that? if you change servers so quickly. HMMM Not a bad idea actually.

1 problem it hinders the person having issues tech, or person grieving issues.

However, it is along the same sides as 30 minute wait time to switch servers.

Both those can be bad ideas, given that the players have issues with grieving (same as hacks, just a better term for it.) and tech issues, like lag, unstable server etc..

Am i getting it roughly right? what your saying.

Because than someone will make a new Serverbrowser or u go on the Server and push Shift+Tab(steam tells you who is on the Server too)

This can be blocked by BI

Sony also did it years ago, blocked how many people where in the game. You also had no idea whom was on the server at any given time.

Just saying its been done. Effected nothing at all, other then people reading into something they shouldn't be doing, like the companies politics :)

One character per server would also fix the problem and countless other bigger problems.

Have you ever heard of private servers?

I was thinking of this: instead of showing the number of players on every server divide servers into zones and show the total number of players in that zone. Also reduce the number of servers according to the number of players. Why do we need billion servers when there's only 5k people playing the game? We will watch the number of players - and add new servers when the number of players goes up, and reduce when the number goes down.

So for example:

U.S. East (3234 players)

Server 1

Server 2

Server 3

Server 4

(...)

U.S West (2573 players)

Server 1

Server 2

Server 3

Server 4

(...)

Europe West (2953 players)

Server 1

Server 2

Server 3

Server 4

(..)

and so on and so on

And don't allow anyone to host public servers, people should only be allowed to host private hives. The devs say "There will be 20 public servers per zone" and there is 20. Rest will be private hives

Edited by Sperglord
  • Like 2

Oh for fuck's sake.

I love the title. Do you live for clickbait?

"You won't believe these 10 ways people stop server hopping!"

"The best way to stop KoSing - the devs are furious!"

"Top 15 things zombies love, but survivors hate..."

When stamina comes to game, we could reduce stamina to something very critical when reconnecting to a server. You can think about it as a long journey from one distant location (server) to another. So it's like a resource for travelling. You join the server very exhausted after a long journey. You can walk slowly, etc, even shoot, but you require some time to replenish the stamina and become fully effective looter\fighter. It may compensate both for loot farming and combat logging, maybe. Tell me what you think.

Interesting idea. At the very least I'd like to see it in experimental just to see how it goes.

Edited by BeefBacon

easy beef,

this is a civil discussion here. Some good thoughts do come out of threads like this.

Also sorry if i busted your hoping times =D

As an occasional server hopper, I can tell you that removing the time may help with the regular hoppers. Personally when I did it most, I would look on an online map, find where I can see the most amount of crash sites within a limited amount of walking, go to that spot, and start the hopping. So that being said the stamina suggestion below can't combat that. 

What I would HIGHLY recommend before we hit release, is severely reduce the amount of public servers available and hide the server population and time.

The amount of servers is the main culprit here.

My idea; Pick a deserted server and expect a desert.

Tie the rarity of the entire CLE (including zombies, forage and animals) to the server population. If a player joins an empty server, there will be almost nothing available, they won't see zombies, they will barely find anything to loot, and the whole thing just becomes a death march.

• Like 1

Like until the server has 10+ players in it, will it start to populate you mean?

Sort of, it'd work as a factor (multiplier) on the overall loot numbers. Let's say the server population is max 100 players. If there is 'x' number of players, the factor would be 'x'/100.

The current CLE should work fine as the population increases. As the population rises, so too does the factor, and the CLE simply begins to spawn in more loot every 5 seconds, but it would require some form of automatic cleanup/despawning mechanism too, so that loot disappears as the player count drops. It's actually a lot more complicated than I first thought.

Edited by MrAerospace

I like the Idea of loot rarity based on number of Players on a Server. Because new Player can still go on empty Servers and they will find some usefull stuff. But if they want to find better stuff, they has to go on a highly populated Server.

On highly populated Servers it is much harder so everyone can decide if they want it easy with a Long time of searching or if they want to find good stuff fast but than its much harder.

Loot rarity might be a really good suggestion you know. More players join, the more loot starts to spawn.

The same applied to some of the scripts i made up in exile, epoch. If we used Zed's you could change the way they spawned in. More players, the more Zeds would spawn or AI.

It also helped reduce the load on the single client spawning in with 100% resources all tied to them.