Sign in to follow this  
Espa

Player Reward: Extraction

My idea is that if a player logs 100 hours of game time with a character (no deaths) then they would be alerted to an extraction zone where they'd be given the option to be picked up by helicopter and brought out of the area, effectively winning the game! OR simply resupply if the player doesn't wish to leave. No matter the circumstances, when the player decides to respawn into game (after being Extracted or has died), they're allowed a full (basic) military build on from the get-go. (Assault Rifle, Canteen, Pack, Armor, few MREs)

What this would do for others?:

Perhaps when the helicopter departs with the victor it leaves a small ration crate of certain supplies. 

--They could also be attacked and killed for even better loot inside the helicopter, as well as maybe the vehicle itself if the devs allow these type of vehicles someday.

What this would do for players?:

An extra incentive to try your hardest to survive, to weigh decisions more carefully when dealing with zed or other players, heighten the Hero/Bandit/Murderer divide, allow for more personal attachment to your character. 

The only win game situation imaginable is when you have read and collected all of the books.

• Like 4

My idea is that if a player logs 100 hours of game time with a character (no deaths) then they would be alerted to an extraction zone where they'd be given the option to be picked up by helicopter and brought out of the area, effectively winning the game! OR simply resupply if the player doesn't wish to leave. No matter the circumstances, when the player decides to respawn into game (after being Extracted or has died), they're allowed a full (basic) military build on from the get-go. (Assault Rifle, Canteen, Pack, Armor, few MREs)

What this would do for others?:

Perhaps when the helicopter departs with the victor it leaves a small ration crate of certain supplies. 

--They could also be attacked and killed for even better loot inside the helicopter, as well as maybe the vehicle itself if the devs allow these type of vehicles someday.

What this would do for players?:

An extra incentive to try your hardest to survive, to weigh decisions more carefully when dealing with zed or other players, heighten the Hero/Bandit/Murderer divide, allow for more personal attachment to your character. 

There is no reward for surviving in real life, except life itself, and then you die.

To enhance character attachment (and aging) the game should feature visible marks of distinction, like the often suggested beards and scars (instead of beards females can have sagging breasts :) ), maybe even an enhanced skill set compared to new spawns. (supposing surviving for a long time hones your skills). Skills like maybe a steadier aim, higher resistance to adverse weather conditions, faster at performing crafts, lower sound profile when sneaking (for the undead, animals and players), higher probability of catching a fish and so on.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 3

hicks already said it would pretty much be a cold day in hell before they have it to where you can make your combat skills better, Which i have to agree with him. There shouldn't be any end of the game except death but if you want to win maybe they'll add a charlie sheen wig and add cocaine then you can WIN.

Hahaha good comments, mates. I've only been playing this game for 4 days, but I can understand why lasting a long time is a rather difficult situation. - One I think should be rewarded, even if it's nothing to bolster your character. Take that as you will! 

Also, totally happy with how the game acts as of now with surviving and such as the main goal. There's no salt in my suggestion, just an idea. :)