TedZ

DayZ is peaceful

Hey guys, im Juri, 23 male, former soldier, now police officer :D Im from Czech(central Europe), heard about the mod and bought standalone. Free to team up with anybody who wont shoot me on sight :D

*walksinbrieflymakesapeacesignwithhisfingersthenturnsaroundabruptlyandleaveswitouthavingsaidanything*

Greetings all!

I have been playing the standalone for about 10 days now. Never played the mod.

My ingame name is not the name by which you all can call me to dinner on these threads. A clue: my (current) name is a variant of Temporary Autonomous Zone. :D

After perishing in a variety of ignoble ways, I determined to go the way of the loner and have been on a quest to aide Morgan Freeman A) staying alive and/or B) helping him return to Hollywood. I have had no luck in this endevour... which is a real pity because I heard that Frankie goes to Hollywood. I must ask myself Why not Mr. Freeman?

At any rate, after this abject failure on my part, I determined to head northwards and have been surviving quite nicely in some woods (at an undetermined location). I'm sure you will all understand if I choose not to disclose my current whereabouts. But rest easy if you stumble across me; I am resolved to "high five" first and shoot only if I feel endangered. I am well geared after numerous solo stealth raids on an airfield and, thus far, have not fired as much as a single bullet.

At the moment, I am naturally inclined to protect all "bambis" and will react punitively towards bandits. I hope that the undead apocalypse will not turn me to banditry in the future for if I do then I have given up all claims on my humanity.

Edited by tarascon

I'm Salex Zee, steam name SalexZee.

New to DayZ. Tried a little Rust now checking out this. I think I'm on my 3rd spawn overall and I've pretty much got the basics down. Hope to run into some of you in game and not get my head blown off in the process. Cheers.

Hi. I've been here for a few weeks now, and have racked up quite a few hours of running around Chernarus already. Insomnia and a wife who travels for work leaves me with free time late at night. Fun game. Steam ID is also pjsleaze. I'm really not a sleaze, actually. In fact I'm a pretty nice guy, both in person and in game. The name goes all the way back to gaming on my friends Commodore 64 way back when and I've kept it as my nom du game ever since.

Hello All,

I used to play the Arma II mod day z, really liked it but I've been waiting to see how the standalone version develops but decided I couldnt wait any longer yesterday.

First experience :- Wandered around for a bit and finally found a wrench and a benie hat, after a little longer I noticed a charming fellow walking up to me. Raised my hand to let him know I was friendly and he started punching me in the face, I got a couple of hits in with the wrench but got knocked unconscious, woke up to see him wearing my benie hat and hitting me with my own wrench.

Seems like standalone is coming a long nicely, see you all in game.

Edited by Gruffallo

My ingame name is not the name by which you all can call me to dinner on these threads. A clue: my (current) name is a variant of Temporary Autonomous Zone.

Hello to all above. *waves*

If any one's curious about my enigmatic quote here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_Autonomous_Zone

I think the name works because my current toon is temporary (he will die), he's autonomous, and he's in the zone (or just plain zoned).

Stay safe out there.

Edited by tarascon

Hi! I'm new to the game and the forum... well this forum anyways.

I love horror, zombies and gaming. And this game is really up my alley with all 3.

My first run in with a real person on Dayz ... I panicked and flipped him off by accident. I just wanted to be friends and pressed the wrong key. So he beat me with a wrench. I ran away and died of starvation not too long after.

I really would love to have a travel partner so that if I flip someone off again accidentally (or even on purpose) they could have my back. Not looking for anything serious like a clan, just some fun times. Preferably someone over 25 since playing with kids makes me feel uncomfortable and I sometimes cuss like I have turrets.

Hope to run into some of you soon, and I promise i wont flip you off (on purpose) !

Hello, I'm Ekk and DayZ is surely one of my favorite games even though I haven't had the chance to experience it. I have watched a ton of videos about it, but the problem is that my computer isn't good enough to run it even on lowest settings. But the good thing is that I'm already starting to save up money for a NEW computer. I just can't wait when the day comes... Anyway, good luck traveling and exploring!

Hey, I'm Brett.  I've been wanting to get on the Day Z bandwagon for a while now but didn't want to invest in a new game with my older gaming setup. After spending some serious dough lately and revamping everything I've been enjoying some Day Z SA lately. All of the info and advice from this board is great and much appreciated - keep it up!

Also, a couple things I've learned: 1. Ladders and stairs suck - I've broken a leg and had to kill myself more times than I've been killed by zombies/bandits.  2. Don't be seen (I'm working on this one).  

Anyways, if anyone is looking for a buddy to play with, feel free to add me on Steam, my name is Brett0712. 

Edited by Bretty_Light

hey, im from belgium, im 23 years old, i have a mic my steamaccount is hachebe

add me!

Hey there. G.I.Clown at your service.

I´m not new to DayZ. I´ve played the mod for about 1 year, sometimes more, sometimes lees. Made my first game experience alone in the mod. Sneaked around a small village for about an hour, avoiding zombies and s**t...just to find out that there was no loot at all :D  But they scared the s**t out of me. I´ve been playing the standalone about 6-7 weeks now, and it is way better than I´ve expected (a Pre-Alpha?!). Just awesome! If you dont have a problem to play with a " Kraut " just PM me or add me on Steam. My acc. name is in my profile description!

See you guy´s in Chernarus!

'Ello all,

I go by Rhaazerus or Rhaaz for short Steam community

I'm 24, I live in the U.S. and been a gamer since youth. Nothing beats the good old days of cartridges and memory cards.

I've been following DayZ and looking into it since December of last year. I never got a chance to get my hands dirty in the Arma II mod but I finally decided to join the community and take part in this awesome game. The Standalone looks great from what I've seen so far and I'm still a super noob so I hope I can at least give some entertaining deaths while I learn the ropes.

I hope to play on the more helpful side of the coin and I'd be honoured to join up with a group or two and work together to survive the chaos.

So far my first experience began with me running into a zed and punching him down before finding a soda and some shoes, shortly after I get attacked by some fisticuff bandits screaming and swinging like wild-men and I end up knocked unconcious but wake up moments later and they had left me lying there in the middle of the road.

It's been fun and I'm definitely looking forward to more encounters and working out my zombie fightin' skills.

Edited by Rhaazerus

Names Biggb45s, usually play on the South East part of the map, can get to NE Airfield, SW Airfield and can get to and loot either, but prefer to stay down south for now tell I get better at the game, spent most my time on low population servers exploring the map and finding all the city's before I get into PVP or Hero/Bandit work. But looking for a clan or other players that play anywhere from 10:30 PM to 9Am PST at all times of the week. If you see me in game just add me as a friend and we can hook up and loot or go running around looking for other players, Mostly like doing the Hero stuff, but will do bandit stuff if the feeling is right. Anyways that's me. Hit me up. Age 30, playing PST, usually play a good amount.

Edited by biggb45s

Name is OC240.  I used to play UO way back in the day, Battle Ground Europe and most recently have been playing Counter Strike Source.  Looking for something new, I hope this is it!  :)  Looking forward to joining a clan with TeamSpeak perhaps...  Thx!  :)

Name is Shadyrider. Read about the game on a news site, watched a bunch of videos and bought the game. Father and a husband. Work for a living and in my free time now play Dayz. Have about 100 hours logged. Mostly playing out of harms way, trying out different weapons and getting to know the game. Any noobs want to team up, friend me. New to the social part of the game.

I'm Bicrius, errrr, Death By Crowbar and I demand respect. I had pwnage in EQ1 on Luclin Server and also HL2 on the MIA/POW servers as well as CYCO servers. I was a member of all of them, and still am on HL2. I will pick up a crowbar and drive it through your skullface. No disrespect, but I'm out to win and kill anyone in my virtual path. Happy hunting and it hurts less to stand still and take it like a man!

• Like 1

hi guys im pyewacket  i would like to spawn and live for more than 10 minutes in a high pop. server .....is this even possible. every time ive been cold bloodly murdered its been by a schreeching kid.

Hey pplz,

My name is LaToya but go by Toya, I am full time student (woot). I love video games (there awesome).

I just bought DayZ a 2 day agos after watching TheRadBrad videos from youtube, and felt the need to have this, I love the whole concept of this game and glad to be part of it.

I am friendly person, looking forward to meeting other friendly pplz in the game. 

Welcome to anybody who would like to team up and play and take the journey down the road..

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MissToya22 can add me if you like..:d

Smiles to all,

Toya

i'm Andrew. 23 from Ohio, USA. complete newb with no mic. but if anyone is willing to help me out... i would be eternally thankful!

steam - iamandrewx

Hello fellow gamers.

Hope to meet some of you in the game. May your clips be empty and packs full of beans !