TedZ

DayZ is peaceful

Hello everyone Kublai here,

I have been playing Day Z now for a week or so and enjoy the game and the atmosphere it creates.  I've been playing PC games since they first came out so you could say I'm a mature gamer with decades of experience behind me, so not a newbie.  My major moan about this game are the constant Bandits everywhere who just seem to kill you for no reason at all.  I even had someone kill me when I had only just spawned with no possetions, what is the point of that!!  No one I have ever come across wants to cooperate and you get fired upon the instant they see you.  Now I don't have a problem with this as I'm a big boy and can take it, but I do not trust anyone anymore and will simply shoot on sight anyone I see.  I don't like doing this but what can you do if you want to protect your gear?  even if you make it obvious to them by lowering your weapon and showing you will not fire they will kill you!!

My name is Mattijn, I'm from the Netherlands and i'm 18 years old.

I am looking for someone to play Dayz Standalone with, because I think it's a lot more fun than playing on my own.

If you are interested, you can add me on steam: 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022948751/home

Edited by mattijn10

Hey everyone! Im German, aka [LAGGZ] German in game. Just wanted to say hey. I also had a question cause i had no clue where to ask it on here. So in game i have ran into several nice and so nice people. I can see the messages i send them, but i cant see the ones they send back, and i am not able to hear them as well. Thank You!

Eh guys... first post and obviously a total noob. Have a little arma3 experience but not much- and none with the Dayz mod. Got into the game a very short time ago and still learning the ropes but I learned early on that it can be a very harsh and cruel world out there. 

Looking forward to learning all I can about surviving out there- but my first lesson from these forums seems to be "trust nobody." 

Be that as it may... I am not sure that is advice I can easily take- I am more of a team player and enjoy those kinds of games a little more. Guess we'll just have to wait and see! 

Anyway- the adventure continues!

Hi All

My normal name is Predator in game but for some reason this doesnt seem like a good choice for a game where everyone has twitchy trigger/axe fingers. So in this game in Mr P.

I am a friendly player who will help if I can stay alive long enough. I dont like Bandits and if you attack me I will kill you......or at least bleed to death on your shoes.

My experiences of this game are as follows

Life 1 - Run into a zombie near spawn point, try to fight it and realise im going to lose, run away and bleed to death.

Life 2 - Run a very long way searching all the houses as I go and find nothing, die of starvation.

Life 3 - Run even further than last time find a small number of houses with gear, Get murdered by another player whilst looking through my inventory

Life 4 - See No1, except this time I ran straight away, climbed up high to avoid the zombie fell off broke my legs and bleed to death

Life 5 - See No4, except this time fell off something even higher and died instantly

Life 6-8, Starvation, Zombies, Thirst take your pick.

Life 9 - Another player tagged a zombie brought it to me and whilst trying to fight it off he beat me to death with a baseball bat.

Life 10 - Im still alive........for now and hiding in a shed, if only they hadnt applied update 0.52 I could be starving to death somewhere cold right now!!!

A friend of mine started playing this game and got me into it and I have to say Im liking this game even with all the dying and respawning.

So to conclude see you out there......Or rather see you out there and duck behind a tree until you've gone past and disappeared into the distance. Thats right keep walking person I dont know who may or may not want to beat me to death with their can of beans because I happen to be wearing a cool beanie hat.

Hi guys just looking for general help first 3games have been kinda annoying, 1death bled out to a zombie 2nd death starved to death before picking up a rifle getting booted and not having it, 3rd death after about 1 and a half hour running around to map I finally got into main town from running around the outside of the map, soon as i in town no loot and then get shot in back by some dude, its ok he can have my pickake and wellies anyways if anyone is looking for someone to play with im all down better than running around on your own. Steam username is evolutionxxi

Hi Everyone!  I am Justin, and I have moved from console gaming to PC gaming just this year.  I have just under 100 hours on DayZ and hours on Counter Strike GO, and Left for Dead 2.  I enjoy gaming and would not mind making some new friends.  I reside in Vancouver BC and am currently studying and working to become a Millwright.  Age is 24years old.  Life outside video games is more or less hiking, swimming, modifying personal vehicle, and chilling out with friends at social meetups such as restaurants, car clubs, etc.  I am enjoying DayZ but would like to make some friends on there or team up with other people who are friendly.  I have an excellent internet connection, well built gaming computer, microphone, and a program called Raidcall installed for free communication with other gamers..  My steam name is DEADTONE

If anyone wants to get together on DayZ or anything, give me a shout or friend request and we could play.  I will be on tonight until 2:00AM Pacific Time.  Anyhow, cheers and enjoy!    :beans: :beans:

He guys,

My name is Bill. I've been a gamer since the '90 's. I work in law enforcement in real-life. DayZ seems like an awesome game. I started playing this on the arma2 mod. I enjoy playing the game while co-oping. So, I 'd love to join a clan. I was made aware of the FOG clan by my friend Dennus. So, see y'all in Chernarus I guess. 

Been playing DayZ like its my f**king job for the past year but have stuck mainly to the Steam community. Figured it would be a good time to join the actual DayZ forum as I'm youv to be around a while, looking at another year of surgeries before going back to work.

I've spent the past 1,600 hours in game stalking and cheerfully slaughtering every geared player I find while exploring every inch of Chernarus. I got screen shots of ky 300+ kills posted on my steam profile if you are interested.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Ice here. I am [bad ass comment].

Pretty new to DayZ but [bad ass achievements].

Vet @ FalconBMS since1998 previously known as Falcon 4.0. Member of the 87th Stray Dogs. Occasionaly love FPS and have done them all. Keeps the reflexes geared.

DayZ is something else and was infected by M1NDR. Let's see where we get within a year.

Hi there fellow survivors!

My name is Chris, been playing DayZ sience the mod and now im only playing DayZ standalone. Love the game and other survival shooters  in general. I try to be a "goodguy" ingame but if i dont trust someone i shoot and forget. I have a very good track record, ive died a handfull of times but survived over hundreds of firefights. My friends know i am extreamly lucky in games rather then skill having anything to do with it, i often get broken limbs, crawl out with 10% blood, wake up from beeing unconsious thru firefights etc.

Im generally intrested in helping and playing with new people, however i tend to help from afar before i come to close... ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085373981

Hello, 

I don't have an offical name yet but I go by Mrgarrettadams...

As of today 12-29 I don't have a computer that will run this game. I have bought it though so I will be getting on and enjoying the game play. 

As of tomorrow 12-30(Hopefully everything get delivered) I will have a computer that is up and running to the speed and specs that I need to play this game So I will post more tomorrow about where I am when I get on and start this game for the first time..... If anyone can redirect me to some game play hints and guides or have some secrets for newbies(to this game, Play lot of RPG's and video game!!!!!) That would be helpful thanks 

Hey, my name on steam is rozzermx im 19 from uk and i am loving dayz been playing for a couple of weeks while watching youtubers play it such as the crew! Really want to play with some people and talk on skype and that! Think it would be fun and i may not get killed as often!

Hi all My GT is Jonny2combz but call me Simon. I am new to the game and one question where is the best site to get the updated maps?

Oh and hope to chat to you all in game. is there a team speak server dedicated to servers or do you prefer Ventrillo?

Just bought the game! Feel free to give me any tips, say hi or whatever.

Heyas!

I'm an Aussie from South Australia's Mid North. I've clocked up over 500 hours so far and have been encouraged by the improvements from the dev team so far.

I usually play lone wolf, but don't call me a bandit. I certainly won't kill you unless it looks like you want to kill me.

In fact, chances are you will probably walk right past me and I'll leave you alone and stay hidden.

So yea, Polaris is my in-game name and I'm mainly on the 'Blacklisted society' server.

(I'll) See you in Chernarus  ;)

• Like 1

Hey I'm Kyle I'm from the south shore of Massachusetts. Looking for people to play with on dayz. This is my first computer game. Been a console gamer my entire life. I've played maybe 10 hours so far with really no luck last two lives I killed a zombie and then looked behind me and a guy was standing there and sent me a message asking if I was friendly. Being new at this I didn't know how to respond so I put my weapon on my back and layed on the floor then he shot me. Last life I helped two guys kill a whole bunch of zombies and after we were done he said nice killing and shot me. So Im looking for people to play steam I'd is kbodelle3 and I go by Kyle in game talk to you guys soon.

• Like 1

Got the game couple of weeks ago and love it! Thought I'd drop by to say hello, see you out there..

Hello!

Sanguise here.

Started playing DayZ: SA over the xmas break and loving it. Dont get tons of time to play but every death im recooping faster.

Hope to see some friendlies in game!

**ViRuS** here 32 nearly 33  from bournemouth uk married with 3 kids

been playing dayz stand alone now for 5-6 hours not long i no but iv done my home work ;) studied maps ect

i play dayz as i would in real life(trust no one) i dont wish to be a bandit but thats me,i cant help it its in my blood,, i dont wanna be a bandit i no there the bad guys and i do appolgise now if i kill any of you.. i jump at the sound of a zombie or gun fire in the distance im allways on high alert, saying that maybe after playing the game for some time and gaining trust i may well go after the bandits ;) who no's..im currently playing solo and learning the game(quick learner) so anyone that fancys doing some banditing with me add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198163848499/

iv played fps style games for over 20 years now,, your battlefields call of dutys and even recent games such as titanfall and allways been pretty good,i then stumbled across dayz and took the plunge and so far have no regrets even thou in those 5-6 hours of game play iv pooped my pants more times than ever,

anyways thats me, over and out!!

Hi all,

Long time player (mod and Stand Alone), but it's been a while since I've been active on the forums.

I'm Kyarno (I go by K. Houghton in game though). 

I love to RP in DayZ. My current character is a former member of the Cnenorussian government, and is devoted to protecting the government infrastructure. If I see you at a military base with a military rifle, I will put you down, for civilization's sake :D

But, fresh spawns I generally give out food and water to, unless they are trespassing on government property.