gurkenkind

Karma system

When discussing with other Players many said that they hate it that nearly everybody go for a KOS as soon as the Spot a Player...I like the idea of a Karma system to prevent this and ensure People help each other e.g. if you Bandage somebody or give a Hungry Player food or a saline you get positive Karma points but if you shoot somebody First or Loot an uncousios player you get negative points...according to your Karma you can go to certain locations with a World Container (i think churches would be funny) you get things you need. food when you hungry, water when you thirsty, a backpack if you're lacking inventory space and so on

Of course it is easier to get Bad Karma than good points and the People with the Best Karma can even get very rare items like a m4a1 or something similar

Some People won't use it and go for normal looting but a few Player more who help each other would Boost the gameplay

just say NO to drugs, unprotected sex, and any form of humanity systems.

OP the search function is your friend. find it and use it please.

• Like 1

really bad idea, also suggested multiple times before

You just get an M4A1 free, just for feeding a few bambis? You could easily get a few friends and just give them things to exploit the system and improve your karma artificially.

Edited by OnionOfShame

There was a humanity (karma) system in the mod, removing it in DayZ SA was a conscious decision made by the developers for a plethora of reasons.

All of the above ^

I cannot help but think of times when you are being shot at but the "bad guy" misses.  So you return fire and kill them.  How does the game know you didn't shoot first?  You most likely would be given bad karma "points".  No thank you.

Edited by schwaBAM

There was a humanity (karma) system in the mod, removing it in DayZ SA was a conscious decision made by the developers for a plethora of reasons.

The devs originally said the removal was temporary. I never saw a post saying it was permanent.

The devs originally said the removal was temporary. I never saw a post saying it was permanent.

That's not the way that I remember things happening. As I remember the removal of the humanity system was a deliberate design decision made because people (the devs included...) found it to be too contrived.

That's not the way that I remember things happening. As I remember the removal of the humanity system was a deliberate design decision made because people (the devs included...) found it to be too contrived.

There is a quote from Rocket on Kotaku saying it was on pause until the end of alpha because it should be more subtle than it is in Mod. I would be really disappointed if it was completely removed.

http://kotaku.com/dayz-fans-sent-us-questions-for-the-games-creator-we-513010392