Police Kevlar Vest

Civilian Kevlar Vest  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this in game?

• Yes, I do! :)
    • Maybe, I want to change somethings! :P
    • No, I don't (Explain why, with proper grammar and good reasoning.) >:P
    • I don't mind either way. :I

Hey, I thought it would be neat if we had a basic Kevlar vest that spawned in police stations and rarely in civilian homes. The current plate carrier does not work at all, the only vest that works protection wise right now is the press vest. Kevlar vests are pretty popular around the world, usually used by military and police. I figured it would be cool if Kevlar vest spawned commonly in police stations. I believe it would make more sense than only an anti-stab vest for the police (The anti-stab vest doesn't even protect you right now!). The vest could have a similar design to the anti-stab vest, maybe even look the same. The vest can only absorb small to higher pistol rounds. I'm thinking that it could take about five to six dead-on 22. caliber bullets before becoming ruined. Maybe four 9 mm caliber bullets before becoming ruined. Two to three 45. rounds before becoming ruined. Last but not least, one to two 357. rounds. Now moving on to melee protection... Fists: Kevlar vests usually can weaken the force of a blunt instrument or fist. The vest should not stop the fist and or bat's damage completely, but reduce the damage and bleeding probability. I don't think blunt weapons should damage the vest in any way, maybe turn it to worn. Pointed Weapon Damage: Kevlar is not really designed for knife attacks, but can stop some knife hits from penetrating the armor. I'm thinking that there will be a 50/50 chance that it'll stop a stab attack, slash attacks will ruin the vest in four to five hits. Slashing Weapons: Axes, Machetes, Hoes (No, not your mother) and others. I think a Fire axe should ruin the vest in one hit, and have a possibility of causing light bleeding. Machete: I'm thinking one to three hits to ruin the vest. Well, that's about all i can think about at the moment for the vest. Feel free to add anything, or correct me on some damage modules! Please, don't be a dick, or just say "No" for no apparent reason.

Edited by BillNyeTheRussianSpy

Yes sounds good but I want it to come in different colors than blue like kahki or beige.

Edited by DaNic2553
  • Like 1

Yes sounds good but I want it to come in different colors than blue like kahki or beige.

I think the default should be black, but it can come in different colors too! :D

Seems to be on level with a regular kevlar vest. I can get ones classed for both Stab/Stick/Bullets, but the regular is that it's either classed 1 - 3, 1 protects againt 9mm, 2 against 375, 3 against 7.62x59; There has also been some advancements, meaning bullet protection vests can withstand even more of an beating than Soviet rounds.

One should understand, though, regular kevlar vests do NOT protect against stab/puncture/hitting damage, and vice verse. A level 3 kevlar vest can be punctured with your everyday knife, unless it is rated for melee damage as well.

Black, navy blue and white are the only versions I can acquire of bullet/stab proof vests. White is mainly with stab proof vests, though, meant to be hidden under a shirt or suchlike; Bullet proof are more operational protection.

Edited by Santa fox
  • Like 1

Seems to be on level with a regular kevlar vest. I can get ones classed for both Stab/Stick/Bullets, but the regular is that it's either classed 1 - 3, 1 protects againt 9mm, 2 against 375, 3 against 7.62x59; There has also been some advancements, meaning bullet protection vests can withstand even more of an beating than Soviet rounds.

One should understand, though, regular kevlar vests do NOT protect against stab/puncture/hitting damage, and vice verse. A level 3 kevlar vest can be punctured with your everyday knife, unless it is rated for melee damage as well.

Black, navy blue and white are the only versions I can acquire of bullet/stab proof vests. White is mainly with stab proof vests, though, meant to be hidden under a shirt or suchlike; Bullet proof are more operational protection.

That's what i figured.

We have the Press Vest which makes sense in the given setting.  Would other civilian vets though?

Even here in Texas they're rare.  Rural Chernarus?  Maybe even more so.

why not implement a god mode only spawning for me :P

if there were that strongly protecting gear to be found it should be absolutely super rare. i dont wanna waste that amount of ammo on troll-raging, policestation quick-equipped freshspawns.

i think a good way could be to reduce the health damage, but raise the shock - resulting in being knocked unconscious after 1 or 2 hits. would give protection without being op.

but the balancing is still far in the future, really not much sense in discussing that stuff atm - imho.

greets

Edited by edwin3
  • Like 1

It would be also neat to have ceramic plates as an attachment for the vest many also in several classes

Overall I think that Kevlar Vests should spawn in Police Stations as far as I'm aware the only one I've found in a police station is the Stab Vest (which offers a high bleed resistance to melee attacks but is useless versus firearms).

Police Stations should actively spawn:

Stab Vests - Protects against Blades

Riot Armor - Protects against Blunt Impacts

Grade IIA and Grade II Kevlar Armor - Protects against small caliber weapons (.22LR, .380 ACP and 9mm)

Additionally I think that perhaps the dev's should implement a kind of surplus flak jacket, great against explosive shrapnel but offers minimal protection to bullets without a plate.

I agree and wish this to be present in game, but rare enough that everyone isn't running around with one. 

I agree and wish this to be present in game, but rare enough that everyone isn't running around with one. 

Why not? They 1) Aren't exactly uncommon in real life, and 2) aren't exactly a game-changer.

"Oh boy, now I can survive after getting shot in the chest with 2-3 pistol bullets...... with my ribs broken and the wind knocked out of me!"

A rifle round or a blade will punch straight through most kevlar vests.

Why not? They 1) Aren't exactly uncommon in real life, and 2) aren't exactly a game-changer.

"Oh boy, now I can survive after getting shot in the chest with 2-3 pistol bullets...... with my ribs broken and the wind knocked out of me!"

I just don't believe a great population of people would even carry these in their homes. . Perhaps police stations, rare homes, military bases for sure. 

why not implement a god mode only spawning for me :P

Sure I'm talking to Brian hicks right now

I too would like to see this in-game. I think that rather than having one or two "best" options for each equipment slot, each different vest should be more of a trade off. This is already in game to an extent, for example the High Capacity Vest carries more than the UK Vest, but protects from damage less. In the case of the police vest you could get some of the best protection (enough to make it worthwhile), but not have any inventory slots in it.

• Like 1

I completely agree, but sometimes it will stop a knife blow, depending on how hard you hit the vest with the blade. Military knifes punch right through, but kitchen knifes seem to have a bit more trouble getting through.