josh190691

No IV Start Kits?

Hey guys,

its silly but I am wondering now where to find any more IV Start Kits. I have not seen a single one of them since a few weeks and recently searched in about 5-6 hospitals, but everything which would spawn there was: clothes and tons of blood test kits (and a few empty blood bags) - no IVs and no Salines.

Have you made the same experience? is the item ment to be this rare (wich would be stupid) or is it a bug...

since the iv start kits work with damaged salines i'd say they're rare

In one server I found four Saline bag IVs from a hospital, but haven't seen start kits lately.

I'm pretty sure you can find them in the med kits.

That's my answer as well, since .58, i have only seen the iv starting kits in medkits.

I don't know why they fucked up the hospital loot so much.  At the start of the patch it was a bit bad in that it was all salines and start kits.  Now they did the complete opposite and its pretty much all clothes.

ya feels like half the country was wearing scrubs.

Try those medical buildings found at the various campgrounds, you know, inland...

No issue finding them here either. You have to go inland to find them. I too find them at the hospitals in the summer camps.

Thank you all for those fast and helpful replies. So is someone interested in a little trade? :D I would give ammo and stuff you could use for some IV Start kits, cause by buddy is nearly dead from some illness from drinking bad water.

It's cholera, you used to be able to cure it with antibiotics, but at the moment you just have to try to keep eating and drinking, and avoid puking. If it's bad like stage 3 or 4 he's gonna need many saline bags to survive. Here's a recent Wobo video about it.

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-a-guide-to-cholera-in-dayz-standalone/

I had cholera once, but this is different. You used to dehydrate very fast and thats not the thing. I believe it could be food poisoning because now I remember we also ate some cooked cow meat, and he got the note at first "my mouth tastes funny" wich is a sign of food poisioning (refered to google). So we would need some charcoil tabs... althoug i wonder if it might be to late for this now anyway because the sick sign is already red. But thanks for your hint anyway.

I've yet to find saline anything since the update. It's not just you. But if you'd like your blood tested or would like to walk around looking like a  dr in scrubs, you're set.