infiltrator

All you Hardcore players packed it up and left?

There's almost never 2 1PP servers with more than 20 people on. I won't get into which game mode is "better", but I can say for myself that I'd rather not play dayz at all than play on a 3rd person server.

At the beggining I was kind of expecting more and more people to switch over to 1PP after getting the hang of things in 3rd person. But apparently I was wrong and it saddens me it's so hard to find populated servers now.

I figure a lot of you browse this forum, so why'd you quit? Peer pressure? Lack of zombies?

I can't talk for anyone else but for me and my friends, we play for a couple of weeks and then take a break for a few months. I refuse to play a broken/unfinished game anymore than to test out the new features.

The people that have been playing this non-stop are going to burn out before the game's released and then miss out on all the features - for this reason, we dip into it.

Also, no zombies and no animals or decent AI plus other annoyances make it a game we don't want to play right now. The new rendering engine was meant to be in the 1st quarter this year - that has massively gone over now so there's another reason - not able to keep to schedule.

When there's something to play, I'm sure more people will play but right now, there's nothing to do except try on new coats.

• Like 1

In my experience the 1PP population hasn't changed much in the US. Several months ago the most populated servers were DayZ Underground and the UN servers. The public servers were always fairly barren. Logged on the other night for the first time in a while to find DayZ Underground and UN #1 were both full and UN# 2 was at 30 players. Not too bad, but I can understand how these servers aren't the best options if you're in the EU.

That being said, the lack of zombies definitely reduces my interest in playing.

Edited by solodude23

There never were any 'hardcore' players.

This is why they (arguably) needlessly changed the 3pp camera, because all anti 3pp crowd who played on 3pp servers exclusively complained about it.

Now that's hardcore.

we lost 3 camps and 2 trucks when a 1st person server went off line to never to be seen again this week. that's the 2nd time we lost camps and trucks due to the server disappearing from the list. oh well it's fun looting up all over again LOL  and it's a good time to explore the map and see the places we haven't been too yet .

1pp Player aswell, I'm really intrigued which one of you built the huge huge huge tent city near Lopatino on EU: Survivors Battlefield?

I stole all your shit

The only 1PP server I can still play on is DUG. All of the others I used to play on shut down.

I feel that 3PP and 1PP should only be a server setting and not a separate hive so people can switch from one to the other to play with friends. "Hardcore mode" should be re-added and be a separate hive and game mode.

The only 1PP server I can still play on is DUG. All of the others I used to play on shut down.

I feel that 3PP and 1PP should only be a server setting and not a separate hive so people can switch from one to the other to play with friends. "Hardcore mode" should be re-added and be a separate hive and game mode.

I think something really needs to be done. Some kind of compromise to unite instead of segregate the community.

I think something really needs to be done. Some kind of compromise to unite instead of segregate the community.

Perhaps remove 3pp. :)

Then everyone would have to play 1pp, and it would be fair for everyone!

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

A single hive for 1st person and 3rd person public servers is a very good idea. I'm not a fan of any type of "hardcore mode" though because it would be even less popular than 1pp is. The majority will always go for the the easy option as seem by the lack of people on 1st person servers and the popularity of "high loot" servers, so the vanilla game should be as 'hardcore' as it possibly can be and casuals will either get used to it or wait for the inevitable easy mode mods. 

Edited by B4GEL