maximumak777 (DayZ)

Where do you find backpacks?

Make one with a burlap sack and some rope until you come across a proper one.

• Like 3

Civilian houses spawn mountain backpacks, drybags, child and talloon backpacks. You can find hunting backpacks in sheds, deerstands and military spawns. The tortilla backpack can spawn in military tents and crash sites. 

Good hunting!! (Like Klesh said, you're best bet is to craft an improvised backpack until you find the one you want. Also, you can always tan some leather and craft a leather sack, if you fancy that kind of apparel.)

• Like 3

Unless something changed on Monday's hotfix taloons also spawn at grocery stores but as Klesh and Odin said just make one. 1 burlap sack a piece of rope (you can make rope from combining 2 stacks of 6 rags) and 3 sticks and you get 20 slots with a way lower profile and better colour than a taloon.

• Like 3

Sposn backpacks spawn in barracks and tents, hunting backpacks in hunting towers and deer stands, smersh in tents and heli crash, taloon, dry bag and mountain backpacks in cars, civ houses and hangars. I always craft a backpack to begin with and the crafted one is really nice.

• Like 1

I find that human corpses have something like a 98% spawn rate for backpacks, though sometimes they have holes in them.

• Like 1

I've noticed that backpacks are hard to find in 58. Can anyone help me find where they spawn?

On dead players. ;)

Be different, kill 2 rabbits, get a barrel, leather sowing kit, green lime, nails - make a 24 slot black leather backpack, it's tots amazeballs! :P

Edited by MadMcardle

Does that really work? I heard it was broken. Also I have found zero rabbits,chickens, goats or pigs on 0.58. Only deer and cow.

• Like 1

Does that really work? I heard it was broken. Also I have found zero rabbits,chickens, goats or pigs on 0.58. Only deer and cow.

I haven't tried using rabbit pelts, as rabbits seem to be absent, or very rare in this build. But, using cow or deer pelts, you can craft the leather sack if you tan the pelts and make some leather. 5 pieces sewed with a leather sewing kit will craft it. 

Tanning and dyeing process both works.

Can't wait till the boars are back to craft the improvised leather backpack. Favorite backpack in the game.

Edited by Odin Lowe