Pan_Andrzej

Body Despawn

What is the time for a body to disappear ?

I was like 15 min at the place where i died and i found nothing besides my weapon i dropped off before i die.

Kinda fast...

It used to be 10min, i dont know atm.

But if you got killed or someone found your body, they could've hidden your body (it disappears).

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Bodies de spawn in 10 minutes, gear dropped by you before you die or other players looting will last 30mins apart from any non-improvised backpack which will last 4 hours (not sure on timer for guns)

I was like 15 min at the place where i died and i found nothing besides my weapon i dropped off before i die.

Kinda fast...

I've noticed bodies in the open despawn within 5 minutes since the hotfix. It depends where they are. In some buildings they don't despawn at all and remain until a restart.

Despawn time is unrelated to location and more related to how many other players are nearby afaik. Die and noone else is in the area will usually result in a 5-15 min despawn, if lots of people are camping by the body then it could last for hours

Despawn time is unrelated to location and more related to how many other players are nearby afaik. Die and noone else is in the area will usually result in a 5-15 min despawn, if lots of people are camping by the body then it could last for hours

cant confirm that, for us it has always been 10 minutes.

It's a bit too short imo.  10 mins is hardly enough time to clear an area in group fights.

There are unseen factors considering just the other day i was sitting by 3 bodies that were there for about 2 hours (items stripped). The bodies were still there when i left the server

I've always felt that your corpse should remain for an hour, however, it should not be lootable by its owner. That would give those of us involved in the gun fights time to reap the rewards of our efforts, and prevent people from running back to their corpse to reclaim all of their stuff (which really shouldn't even be allowed; when you're dead, you're dead. You're supposed to start a new character, not be playing Call of Duty.)

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1

I've always felt that your corpse should remain for an hour, however, it should not be lootable by its owner. That would give those of us involved in the gun fights time to reap the rewards of our efforts, and prevent people from running back to their corpse to reclaim all of their stuff (which really shouldn't even be allowed; when you're dead, you're dead. You're supposed to start a new character, not be playing Call of Duty.)

This has been discussed but the problem is then you just put lone wolves at a disadvantage and groups have an even bigger one.  I might not be able to loot my body but my buddies sure can for me.

This has been discussed but the problem is then you just put lone wolves at a disadvantage and groups have an even bigger one. I might not be able to loot my body but my buddies sure can for me.

Then perhaps give the person who landed the killing blow an extension on being able to loot you. I just really dislike how we're able to run back to our corpse after death. I personally never do - it defeats the entire purpose of the game for me.

Kinda fast...

Its 10 minutes. Don't forget, bodies slide and can still be hidden. Best of luck!

I'm with Grimey here, what is the point of "perma-death" if you can cure yourself of death by running back to your own corpse. It's just as bad if you can kill the person who just killed you.

Body despawn should occur randomly, preferably as a result of zombies discovering and then feeding on the corpse. Loot would be close to totally ruined by the feeding frenzy, thus leaving players with very little probability of recovering anything at all, save for a few solid items like tins and protector cases

Today I hopped on a server and spawned near my camp.  I got in my truck and drove to the NWAF to see what trouble I could find..

I have my completely decked out m4 (every possible attachment) with my character geared to my liking.  I park the truck in the trees just outside of the airfield and cut the engine.  I hop out to..

You are dead.

Grimey Rick idea is nice but only when we talk about final game, atm IMO there is still too many stupid deaths that we encounter, so we shoud be able to reach our bodies within longer time.

Edited by Pan_Andrzej

Then perhaps give the person who landed the killing blow an extension on being able to loot you. I just really dislike how we're able to run back to our corpse after death. I personally never do - it defeats the entire purpose of the game for me.

I'm with Grimey here, what is the point of "perma-death" if you can cure yourself of death by running back to your own corpse. It's just as bad if you can kill the person who just killed you.

Body despawn should occur randomly, preferably as a result of zombies discovering and then feeding on the corpse. Loot would be close to totally ruined by the feeding frenzy, thus leaving players with very little probability of recovering anything at all, save for a few solid items like tins and protector cases

I think one of the biggest mistakes they made was mislabeling it as permadeath to begin with.  There's nothing permanent about it, you just respawn.  You aren't making a new character or anything.  Full loot drop would be a better descriptor.

Any ways, I appreciate that some people want that hardcore experience but it hasn't been the reality of the game since the start.  So I suppose the best workaround for people searching for that is your approach Grimey, of just imposing the rule on yourself that you can't go back to your own body.