philbur

No Server Hopping?

This is one of the main reasons I want a large public hive.

The chance to bump into anyone.

When the game is closer to finished and server populations are higher I would like a chance to play with the most broad player base possible.

I personally think successively longer timers would be a good thing.

First hop = 5 minutes, 2nd = 10mins, 3rd = 20mins, 4th = 45mins, 5th hop = 1 hour + warning that next hop will result in ban from servers for 24 hours, 6th hop = 24hr ban.

Yup....That would work for me!

The "majority of paying customers" are paying for a dry hump...not a happy ending....

I have no idea what this means but I'm willing to bet it's totally subjective, nonetheless.

This is one of the main reasons I want a large public hive.

The chance to bump into anyone.

When the game is closer to finished and server populations are higher I would like a chance to play with the most broad player base possible.

I personally think successively longer timers would be a good thing.

First hop = 5 minutes, 2nd = 10mins, 3rd = 20mins, 4th = 45mins, 5th hop = 1 hour + warning that next hop will result in ban from servers for 24 hours, 6th hop = 24hr ban.

LOL I wouldn't be that mean. 15 minutes for the top tier jump I think is plenty enough but I think BIS are doing a dis-service to their customers with the way it is now.

So if I stick to a server, which I mostly do, and I make my way from cherno to the NW airfield, stopping along the way to see the new stuff they put in and explore and I get to the NW airfield - will there be anything there for me and my friends to find? Will it have already been picked clean.

Why is it I'm getting shat on by the game and why are people allowed to jump, jump, jump, jump and grab all the best gear? There should be no reason to be jumping to a new server every few minutes though now I've written this, I see a major floor in my 15 minute mark. It takes a lot longer than 15 minutes to loot the entire NW airfield.

I would like something like this to happen, but the problem I can envisage is as follows:

First Hop = 5 minutes, PC crashes (2nd) = 10 mins, Wife calls that she needs me for something (3rd) 20 mins, badmin kicks (4th) = 45 mins, DayZ crashes (5th) 1 hour.  Now the player cannot play DayZ or risk a 24 hour ban.

I would like something like this to happen, but the problem I can envisage is as follows:

First Hop = 5 minutes, PC crashes (2nd) = 10 mins, Wife calls that she needs me for something (3rd) 20 mins, badmin kicks (4th) = 45 mins, DayZ crashes (5th) 1 hour.  Now the player cannot play DayZ or risk a 24 hour ban.

Maybe but I haven't had my PC or DayZ Crash at all. The days of windows crashing are pretty much gone - I can't remember the last time it even did and DayZ hasn't crashed in the last 15 hours I played.

Also, you shouldn't get penalised if you crash and rejoin the same server - the time should only affect joining new servers.

Maybe after the 2nd or 3rd hop in a certain time period (30 mins say), you respawn back on the coast with your 4th hop? Would that work better? Who's going to server hop if they just respawn back at the coast?

Edited by Jexter

One of the reasons I don't like private hives is I don't want to play with the same people over and over.

One of the reasons I like the public hive, is that I can choose what time of day to play during.   With this accelerated time night goes by too quickly.  Maybe I want my entire evening's gaming session to be played during in-game night.   Public hive makes that possible.

Hi, I need to address this false assumption. Private hives are no more often the same people over and over than any public hive. People on public have their favorite 50/50 servers that they play on, and then randomly search for empty ones to server hop, their main play is usually on the same servers though. The same goes for private servers, except no server hopping. I run a non-whitelisted private hive, it's open for anyone to play on with no application process or anything like that, hundreds (maybe thousands, logs are biiiiig) of people connect every day. There are a handful of names I ever recognize, but to be honest, that's the same for any popular public hive.

Only if you picked a community white-listed private hive will you play with the same people.

and DayZ hasn't crashed in the last 15 hours I played.

Spraypaint a weapon, then drag it from your inventory into your hands...

Spraypaint a weapon, then drag it from your inventory into your hands...

LOL no thanks!

Hopping is very annoying ATM. Server i play, drops player base to very small at night time and then we have approx one hopper in every 10-15 minutes.

Well i just started to hunt hoppers when im bored and its good way to test weapons, recently just got my first UMP kill. GG!