Sign in to follow this  
Mark88

I made a fireplace at night, then everything goes black?

As soon as I light the fire, everything went black except the fire. I was near a shed and went inside and looked up and then lighting went back to normal. As soon as i moved close to the fire, everything went black again. Any ideas?

Yea, it is there to act like your eyes are adjusting to the bright light. Like if I was to shine a flashlight at your face at night. But the problem is fireplaces really shouldn't do it that much.

Edited by Jacobahalls
  • Like 3

Oh wow, so it's designed to do this? Forget building a fire at night then.

Well the reason I made the fire is because it was raining and I was soaked and freezing. Rain stopped just long enough for me to make it and I was able to get warm. Question....

Will being next to a fire also dry out your clothing?

How long does the rain last? been on the server almost an hour and it's rained the whole time.

Thanks

Being next to a fire does dry but better to just take out all your things to wring them out to damp.

Raining just depends on the server. What time, season, and weather conditions. The server I have been on only rained for about 15 minutes and hasnt since then.

• Like 1

It happens during the day too I think, if you are close and stare right at the fire in first person.

Being next to a fire does dry but better to just take out all your things to wring them out to damp.

Raining just depends on the server. What time, season, and weather conditions. The server I have been on only rained for about 15 minutes and hasnt since then.

Ok thanks

Yep,

same thing happens for going into shade/buildings and out into full sun, looking at the sun etc...

it's modelling adjustment to light, as said above, but it's much of an inconvenience given screen glare and i don't much get this IRL but a neat feature i suppose.

Waiting for devs to add the new item "eyepatch" so I can get my buckles properly swashed in low light or bright conditions.

Don't look directly at the ashes, it's not the flames that does that right now, it's only the bottom part. Using logs instead of sticks diminishes the area that produces the "blindness" , but really just avoid looking at it directly.  ;)

I think it's WAY overdone right now- just happened to us in my last session. If you're in a lit room, that lit room isn't going to go black. I get it if you go from a light area to a dark one you get some light blindness... but being blind while you're practically standing in the fire- 

Nah.

• Like 3

It's buggy.

Make a vid and submit to the Bug Tracker.

Same thing happens with fires placed in house fire grates when flames go out and only the glow remains.

This is an example of what you'll see. The seat of the fire is visible (it had burned all the fuel)- but it blackens everything around you completely. You can't see anything. We had a lamp positioned on the street outside of the church we were in... and this is what remained:

2e0mfjq.jpg

Don't have a video now but I'll do one and submit as suggested. Just wanted to post so others know it's a similar issue if they see it. 

Edited by ENO75

All characters have Keratomalacia and until carrots are introduced as a food it will simply get worse. 

• Like 1