galekast

Faith reaffirmed...

Just wanted to say, my faith in the player base was reaffirmed today, I was looting the tent military camp on the West side of the map (always forget the name) and after a bit of fruitless searching, I glanced over my shoulder and there was a guy with a loaded shotgun behind me.. Needless to say I legged it and got behind some cover expecting to die.. To my shock, he actually said hello, asked me if there was any loot left in the camp and if I had been to any of the other military bases. We had a quick chat, I gave him a couple of tins of food and then we went our separate ways... 

Personally I think me not having a gun out at the time is what saved me, he knew he would have the drop on me and could kill me before I pulled my own shotgun. But it does just go to show, despite all the KOS arguments and what have you, there are still some decent people about in game.. A lot of people would have shot immediately despite me being of no threat at the time and I think it takes a lot more skill and nerve to do what he did than to just open up and end someone.. I think that may be the first time I have met someone in a military base who hasn't immediately shot at me so it is a welcome change to be sure. Anyways, bloody awesome and thank you kind sir :)

• Like 3

Military loot spawn area and did not get KOSed. Does not compute. Does not compute!

• Like 1

Thats such a rare thing mate, you think svd is rare? Aug? Try looking for friendly people at military bases, you will understand the true meaning of "rare" lol

• Like 1

Thats such a rare thing mate, you think svd is rare? Aug? Try looking for friendly people at military bases, you will understand the true meaning of "rare" lol

I've met more friendly people at military bases then anywhere else in the game...

Mostly because I either don't see anyone there or I find someone a bit new to the game, I think.

I had that at the northern military base except I had the upper hand, I loot barracks from back to front and close the door when I enter. Left the far room and saw the door was open so I rushed down and caught him with his back turned in the bathroom, his gun was on his back my shotgun was up and pointed at him. "hey,  I'm right behind you but I'm cool. I'm going to close the door again and put my gun away okay?" Some quick small talk tell him all I'm looking for is a green vest and maybe an SKS. I walked out with a full smersh set an SKS and a hundred something rounds, left him to whatever else and wished him luck as I left and shut the door behind me.

Could have killed him, it felt good not to have to. 

• Like 1

I've met more friendly people at military bases then anywhere else in the game...

Mostly because I either don't see anyone there or I find someone a bit new to the game, I think.

Maybe I don't find friendly people in military bases because I shoot them in the head so I would never know ayy lmao

But fuck its no my fault, those places makes me all nervous man. My reaction is quite predictable when I'm surprised in military places: open fire or become Usain Bolt and run the fuck out of there not even looking back.

I had that at the northern military base except I had the upper hand, I loot barracks from back to front and close the door when I enter. Left the far room and saw the door was open so I rushed down and caught him with his back turned in the bathroom, his gun was on his back my shotgun was up and pointed at him. "hey,  I'm right behind you but I'm cool. I'm going to close the door again and put my gun away okay?" Some quick small talk tell him all I'm looking for is a green vest and maybe an SKS. I walked out with a full smersh set an SKS and a hundred something rounds, left him to whatever else and wished him luck as I left and shut the door behind me.

Could have killed him, it felt good not to have to. 

Lol I'm not that cold tbh, would have shot him in the back of the head out of fear, maybe I should control myself better in these places

Lol I'm not that cold tbh, would have shot him in the back of the head out of fear, maybe I should control myself better in these places

I'm a backstabbing prick in real life, I RP a passive survivor to get in touch with my feminine side ;)

• Like 1

This isn't really standalone thing but a few weeks back I was playing epoch and I was in a military base inside a tent. Saw something move in the window and immediately went prone aiming at the door. Just for the luls I said hello and he actually responded! It was a little awkward but I said something like "we can both walk away" and we agreed and I ran out. It was a really nice encounter.

I tend to play on private 1pp hives. I have a friendly conversation at one of the bases every now and again. Though there's usually only so much to talk about, lots of players seem to appreciate it. Besides, it's good form - he might have buddies around to back him up, so best not to start shit.

I tend to play on private 1pp hives. I have a friendly conversation at one of the bases every now and again. Though there's usually only so much to talk about, lots of players seem to appreciate it. Besides, it's good form - he might have buddies around to back him up, so best not to start shit.

Rational self-interest: the root of all DayZ kindness.

Just wanted to say, my faith in the player base was reaffirmed today, I was looting the tent military camp on the West side of the map (always forget the name) and after a bit of fruitless searching, I glanced over my shoulder and there was a guy with a loaded shotgun behind me.. Needless to say I legged it and got behind some cover expecting to die.. To my shock, he actually said hello, asked me if there was any loot left in the camp and if I had been to any of the other military bases. We had a quick chat, I gave him a couple of tins of food and then we went our separate ways... 

Personally I think me not having a gun out at the time is what saved me, he knew he would have the drop on me and could kill me before I pulled my own shotgun. But it does just go to show, despite all the KOS arguments and what have you, there are still some decent people about in game.. A lot of people would have shot immediately despite me being of no threat at the time and I think it takes a lot more skill and nerve to do what he did than to just open up and end someone.. I think that may be the first time I have met someone in a military base who hasn't immediately shot at me so it is a welcome change to be sure. Anyways, bloody awesome and thank you kind sir :)

You do come across nice people every once in a while. I actually saw three friends looting around in NWAF one time. They were quite heavily geared. I though "eff it" and made friendly contact, and we hade a nice chat for a while. No hostility.