Mullraugh

DayZ Canadian Soldier Uniform

So with the leak of the new MCCUU Marines uniform that will most likely spawn at Helicopter Crash sites, and the new dying mechanic with barrels, I've been putting 2 and 2 together and I've recently came up with this epic idea on how to be a Canadian Soldier in game. This will work because MARPAT/MCCUU has the exact same camo pattern as Canadian CADPAT, since the Americans 'borrowed' the pattern from us.

So, once they add the ability to dye any clothing item without them looking like extremely high-saturation colours, this is what I want to do.

I'm gonna put the MCCUU uniform in a barrel, throw in some green dye, and voila! Canadian CADPAT Uniform!

So THIS:

dayz-mccuu-uniform-jacket-pants-w-i-p-mo

Turns into THIS:

Canadian_C7A2_Rifle.JPG

Then all's you gotta do is find a Green Hunting Vest, ballistic helmet and dye it a darker colour of green, find an M4 and paint the handrails and buttstock green, and bang! A Canadian Armed Forces Soldier in the world of DayZ!

Here's hoping dying extends to more than just some white T-Shrits, leather and armbands.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 8

That would look sexy.

You know it.

Look what I find not four hours after making this post.

Looted a downed heli outside Stary on a 50/50 pop. server without a single working gun and managed to run off with these.

eu7FC5A.jpg

7prCllF.jpg

Edited by mullraugh

Look what I find not four hours after making this post.

Looted a downed heli outside Stary on a 50/50 pop. server without a single working gun and managed to run off with these.

eu7FC5A.jpg

7prCllF.jpg

Also the C7 M4 variant plox! 

Shutup steak

We need a color of jeans somewhere between blue and black too, it makes such a difference.

We need a color of jeans somewhere between blue and black too, it makes such a difference.

♫ This here^ post might offend you some. If it does, it's because you're dumb. ♫

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 2

Being a Canadian army vet I would greatly approve of seeing Canadian (and other) NATO clothes.

• Like 1

i think we have enough green camo pattern clothing...

Sadly yes.

• Like 1

i think we have enough green camo pattern clothing...

Aha! But this isn't a suggestion! It's an idea that I want to try out when dying mechanics are fully implemented and fixed.

Aha! But this isn't a suggestion! It's an idea that I want to try out when dying mechanics are fully implemented and fixed.

okay, well, guess they could add some sort of "color" overlay above every piece of clothing in the game, depending on how long/with how much material you dye the clothing would result in a different hue everytime, i think thats allready how it works on white t-shirts when dyed

• Like 1

Canada has a military?

Oh you...

Leopard-2.jpg

Question: How hard would it be to go from an M4 to a C8 in Dayz?

Edited by CornProducts

Why would I want to look like a Canadian?

Why not?

Canada actually has some of the best trained regular army units in the world. The soldiers are very well trained.

Proud to be a Canadian here. (Canada is also part of the UN, so, sending in UN Canadian troops would make sense.)

So people think you are a helpless bambi

Canada has a military?

Yeah. And the reason you don't know about it, is because if you did, you'd be dead :^)

Why would you want to look like a Ukrainian? You wear their TTsKO in-game, do you not?

So you never have to say friendly.  People will just assume it because you look Canadian.  Also, I hear that every jacket comes with a baggy of UHT milk for your chunchin crisps.

• Like 1