Sign in to follow this  
cgarwood1990

Cursor/mouse not working Windows 10

Hi guys

I upgraded to windows 10 and the cursor / mouse stopped working when I load the game. The cursor is just missing...

I read a few posts about how people fixed this by increasing / decreasing the display size, but with Windows 10 - this isnt an option.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

cgarwood1990

• Like 1

Hi guys

I upgraded to windows 10 and the cursor / mouse stopped working when I load the game. The cursor is just missing...

I read a few posts about how people fixed this by increasing / decreasing the display size, but with Windows 10 - this isnt an option.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

cgarwood1990

Hello there

My mouse dissapeared for a while in win 10.

I plugged it directly into the PC and not into a USB hub and now it detects it all the time.

Try moving it to a new USB port.

Rgds

LoK

ps moving.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

<snip>

cgarwood1990

Moved.

Hello there

My mouse dissapeared for a while in win 10.

I plugged it directly into the PC and not into a USB hub and now it detects it all the time.

Try moving it to a new USB port.

Rgds

LoK

ps moving.

Hi Lok,

I tried this but no luck. Can you suggest anything further? 

Thanks

cgarwood1990

Hello there

I dont im afraid.

You might be better off looking and posting in a tech forum as Win10 is so new, not many issues will be commonplace.

My mouse still has lots of other issues for example wits a multi button mouse but I can only have the defaults mapped, I cant assign any keys.

I ve posted on the Corsair forums but I havnt had a reply as yet.

Rdgs

LoK

Hey buddy, I had various mouse related issues after the upgrade.

If it is a gaming mouse try reinstalling the drivers direct from the a manufacturers website(worked for my Logitech).

you can also try going into your device manager, find your input device, and update the driver via windows update(worked for my trackpad).

Edited by B@ker

This is a possible DayZ problem concerning the recently released Windows 10.

If you use a mouse that requires drivers (Logitech/Razer for example) make sure the drivers are compatible.

If the problem persists do not hesitate to open an account and submit a report to the Bug Tracker giving full system details and the steps you have made in an effort to resolve the problem.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Moved to Troubleshooting.

• Like 2

Thanks for all suggestions. I have tried re-installing the drivers. No luck. I am using a laptop, and even the trackpad doesnt work. I have tried a standard wired Dell mouse from work and it hasnt helped either. Could it be related to the same issue as Windows 8.1 with the screen size?

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

Cheers

cgarwood1990

This is a possible DayZ problem concerning the recently released Windows 10.

If you use a mouse that requires drivers (Logitech/Razer for example) make sure the drivers are compatible.

If the problem persists do not hesitate to open an account and submit a report to the Bug Tracker giving full system details and the steps you have made in an effort to resolve the problem.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Moved to Troubleshooting.

BoneBoys, I have tried but I cannot find anywhere on that link on how to create a case? I have created an "reporting" account but cannot find anything that resembles "create case".

Many thanks

cgarwood1990

BoneBoys, I have tried but I cannot find anywhere on that link on how to create a case? I have created an "reporting" account but cannot find anything that resembles "create case".

Many thanks

cgarwood1990

go to the link Boneboys posted, create a new account (if you haven't - your forum login won't work there) then click on Report (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/bug_report_page.php)

Edited by freethink

Hi guys,

managed to get the fix! So it is the same issue as before with the screen size for some reason. Instead of it being under the usual place, go to 'Display' then 'Customize your display' and there is it 'Change the size of the text, apps, and other items'

I changed from 100% to 125% and it worked a treat!!!

This is confirmed fix. Hope this helps any others that are experiencing the same problem.

Rgrds.

cgarwood1990