Bustered

Survey: Worst part of DayZ?

yeah that sucks, i've started having a better time after i accepted that its just me testing the thing. In the beginning i was more inclined to look at it like a game that should function better than it does. I have moved on from that, you prolly should too.

Yup, agreed and I have done; back to the mod lol. Oh and enjoying a bit of ARK as well :)

Worst part of dayz is the lack of poopsmears on the buildings from unsupervised teenagers

Worst part of dayz is the lack of poopsmears on the buildings from unsupervised teenagers

There are a lot of unsupervised teens in this game and god knows when they're not fornicating or smoking the dope they're smearing their poop everywhere.

• Like 1

In my perfect Day Z, ammunition would either 1) Not respawn (preferred), or 2) respawn at a VERY low rate. What would this mean?

It would mean you actually have to conserve your ammunition, hold people up (with empty/nearly empty firearms) as opposed to just shooting them, fight with melee (cannot wait for bayonets), or, actually, you know, start to rebuild industry (and therefore, society) a little bit at a time.

Imagine: you and your clan set up camp in a little complex overlooking a road. You see survivors travelling along the road every day. So, you go down there and start charging a toll to pass through. Some of the people ask if they can set up farms along the road, in return for protection. You get some of the food in return. You agree, and start patrolling the farms, as well as charging for the toll.

Over time, some traders want to start meeting near your complex once per week, as it is the "safest" part of the map. You agree, in return for 1) either charging for an entry fee/a minor cut of the profits and 2) some of your guys being contracted out for security. This would net you both a tidy little profit, and gather people from far around to see how awesome you are. You soon start to recruit new members, as the glut of people coming in needs more "guns on the walls", and some of the new people are interested.

After some time, some of the traders want to set up permanent residence in your compound, where they can manufacture things for you and the surrounding villages. You agree, and a bullet-loader, an alcohol-distiller, and a mechanic set up shop inside your compound. In return, you levy a minor tax for entering your compound, as well as for the actual products made. NOTE: these would be extremely minor, so if a gallon of moonshine "sold" for 100 "X", you would get 5"X" for every gallon sold, and charged 2 "X" for every person to enter the gate, it would probably help to, or cover entirely, security costs.

What does all of that equal? Neo-feudalism, aka probably the most-likely form of government and society that would form after a TSC-situation. 

In my perfect DayZ this would be a toggleable server option. I would set one of these up for you. I would also setup the vanilla food everywhere pvp type. Some people use their pickup trucks to haul trailers and other use them to get groceries. BOTH ways are correct, since its theirs and they can do what they want.

on topic:

The insanely slow development progress combined with the lack of any information about what we can expect for the final game. I would really like to know what they are up to when it comes to base building/fortifying for example. Or if the current "debug" zone will stay as it is right now or if we can expect some wilderness with trees, mountains, lakes and fields out there. Stuff like that...

Edited by robophant

Sums my friday night up.

worst part is the swamp. i truely thought of something different...more of a bog, foggy, eerie and dangerous...not a walk on the beach with ankle-deep shallow water