billyangstadt

What are you looking forward to most with 0.58 stable?

Military bases being the hot spots again. PVP coast life was fun for a while, but now I hunger for butthole puckering airstrip crossings, barracks showdowns, and just generally more dynamic encounters.

Also, any news on whether chopper crashsites will be dynamic again in .58 stable? Hunting for crashsites would be cool.

They are dynamic at the moment in Experimental and will be dynamic on next Stable release.
  • Like 1

Military bases being the hot spots again. PVP coast life was fun for a while, but now I hunger for butthole puckering airstrip crossings, barracks showdowns, and just generally more dynamic encounters.

Also, any news on whether chopper crashsites will be dynamic again in .58 stable? Hunting for crashsites would be cool.

Sounds like an update to the classic is in order,,,

"What's best in life?  Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the puckering of their bungholes."    :P 

Anyhow, back OT...  No brainer!  Having persistence/CLE back again.  The rest is just icing.  I do hope they fix some of the stupid bugs that piss us all off though.  They've had plenty of time to address the high aggravation issues.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but does anyone know when the new Patch rolls out? I checked the wiki and it said Aug 3, but steam didn't download anything.

Any day now. Waiting on exp stress tests to finish.

• Like 1

The wipe. I got all my characters gathered in the same room, just waiting to get erased for eternity.

The return of the M4!   Ok, that and a half decent CLE with persistence and the guard shacks fixed.

If Dynamic Heli spawns are back Ill be on the hunt for those to get me an SVD

If Dynamic Heli spawns are back Ill be on the hunt for those to get me an SVD

I'm really glad vehicles will need to be repaired too. People would cover all of the spawn points with a v3s in about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

I'm really glad vehicles will need to be repaired too. People would cover all of the spawn points with a v3s in about 10 minutes.

Yep no more just going straight for the same three Heli sites too. Good times prevail.

Base-building! Defenetly!

Will there be a char-wipe?

Also what time schedule are we talking about 0.58 stable relsease?

Edited by elander91

Base-building! Defenetly!

Will there be a char-wipe?

Also what time schedule are we talking about 0.58 stable relsease?

There will be a character wipe but basebuilding is a few months away atleast.

Am I the only one likes the current loot situation? Fuck the patch where it took 5 hours and maybe you can find a gun. I like to loot up and fight within the hour otherwise I don't want to play. A full day for a gun fight that could be over in seconds is crap. 

Am I the only one likes the current loot situation? Fuck the patch where it took 5 hours and maybe you can find a gun. I like to loot up and fight within the hour otherwise I don't want to play. A full day for a gun fight that could be over in seconds is crap.

Why not play the other 10 "survival" games put there if all you want are quick gunfights? H1z1, ISS, hell..even Breaking Point are all geared to that playstyle.

You're going to have a bad time in 0.58

I just pray the devs realize that the silent majority love having to scavenge and that forums usually only consist of negativity.

It's kinda like looking at reviews for a product, the only people that ever review are those who had a bad experience.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

Why not play the other 10 "survival" games put there if all you want are quick gunfights? H1z1, ISS, hell..even Breaking Point are all geared to that playstyle.

You're going to have a bad time in 0.58

I just pray the devs realize that the silent majority love having to scavenge and that forums usually only consist of negativity.

It's kinda like looking at reviews for a product, the only people that ever review are those who had a bad experience.

I'm willing to bet you'll be in the minority. The game loses appeal much faster playing the can't find anything game style. Even if your sole purpose is just to hide and survive, you can do that with the current loot setup. If you like finding the rare items, you can still head north and do that. For those of us who want to grab a rak, or SKS and fight quickly, we can do that. Once they patch guard houses loot explosions loot will already be difficult to find.

H1Z1 is no where near as polished as DayZ and the engine in comparison sucks.  

IMO this has been the best patch of DayZ to date so hopefully they don't fk it all up with 0.58

• Like 1

The vast majority of playes did not pay to do chores. People play games to live out fantasies, to do things they cannot in real life.

I can walk out my door RIGHT NOW and do everything you do in Dayz, legally, except for one thing. Kill.

The draw of the game and PVP is that you are actually fighting for something in this game. You are fighting for your life (be it digital) and your stuff. Most other games do not have such a fear of loss as this game does. That is where the adrenaline kicks in, that is why people PvP, to take or defend your life and your stuff.

This idea that it is going to get down to having to survive off the land... you will lose the majority of players... and you will lose your game. Without the playerbase, it is not worth it to the Dev's to keep going. 

The biggest and only threat you will ever face in Dayz is the other player. I am sorry, but the rest is all chores. 

If the Devs really wanted to make a butt load of money, they should figure out how to relate daily chores in real life to digital rewards in Dayz. Then sell the game to parents, so their kids can play it and still fold the laundry and take out the trash.

• Like 1

The vast majority of playes did not pay to do chores. People play games to live out fantasies, to do things they cannot in real life.

I can walk out my door RIGHT NOW and do everything you do in Dayz, legally, except for one thing. Kill.

The draw of the game and PVP is that you are actually fighting for something in this game. You are fighting for your life (be it digital) and your stuff. Most other games do not have such a fear of loss as this game does. That is where the adrenaline kicks in, that is why people PvP, to take or defend your life and your stuff.

This idea that it is going to get down to having to survive off the land... you will lose the majority of players... and you will lose your game. Without the playerbase, it is not worth it to the Dev's to keep going. 

The biggest and only threat you will ever face in Dayz is the other player. I am sorry, but the rest is all chores. 

If the Devs really wanted to make a butt load of money, they should figure out how to relate daily chores in real life to digital rewards in Dayz. Then sell the game to parents, so their kids can play it and still fold the laundry and take out the trash.

They're not going to "lose their game" because that's the game they intended to make, the game you bought and knew that's the direction it was heading.

Just wait until they implement soft skills, and every character life gets wiped when you die. People who spent 5-6 days on a toon and have some skills built on him will be alot less reluctant to rush the airfield or spray and pray around corners.

Even if the game dies down to 1000 people per night playing, good...quality over quantity. Life should be valued in this game, not just another medium to get a gun and go pew pew in Elektro.

• Like 1

They're not going to "lose their game" because that's the game they intended to make, the game you bought and knew that's the direction it was heading.

Just wait until they implement soft skills, and every character life gets wiped when you die. People who spent 5-6 days on a toon and have some skills built on him will be alot less reluctant to rush the airfield or spray and pray around corners.

Even if the game dies down to 1000 people per night playing, good...quality over quantity. Life should be valued in this game, not just another medium to get a gun and go pew pew in Elektro.

Yes. This "pleasing the masses is the only way for dayz to be a 'successful' game" argument became invalid when Bohemia sold 2 million copies. They've made the money, now they have the freedom to take the game in whatever direction they want. We've all heard the anti-game vision Rocket shared with us. If they follow through with that vision, they can't be chastised if some people who bought the game don't like it. They told us what we were buying. If there are only a handful of full servers every evening, the game will still be alive. And the fact that the game is "too tedious" for the majority that payed for its development should mean nothing to the developers. They've been open with us through the whole process.

• Like 6

Yes. This "pleasing the masses is the only way for dayz to be a 'successful' game" argument became invalid when Bohemia sold 2 million copies. They've made the money, now they have the freedom to take the game in whatever direction they want. We've all heard the anti-game vision Rocket shared with us. If they follow through with that vision, they can't be chastised if some people who bought the game don't like it. They told us what we were buying. If there are only a handful of full servers every evening, the game will still be alive. And the fact that the game is "too tedious" for the majority that payed for its development should mean nothing to the developers. They've been open with us through the whole process.

DayZ is up to 4 million copies as of Jan 2015, and climbing.

In my opinion, there are more people that want the game to be as realistic as possible than there are who want a shooter.

Remember the people who claimed H1Z1 was going to be the end of DayZ, well, they're right back here. They can threaten to leave and quit all they want, they always end up back here threatining to quit every patch that limits their run N gun gameplay. As if them threatening to quit is going to push a hotfix from the devs, "OMG please don't leave, we're sorry!"

• Like 3

Who has a problem with the game being realistic? That's what we like about the game over others like H1Z1 but if you ask me, realistic would be a lot of loot. I look at my city and if society collapsed and there were only a max of 50 people we would live like kings. 

Who has a problem with the game being realistic? That's what we like about the game over others like H1Z1 but if you ask me, realistic would be a lot of loot. I look at my city and if society collapsed and there were only a max of 50 people we would live like kings.

Ok,make loot spawn once for the life of the server. How long do you think that would last?

• Like 1

I get your point, but following that line of logic it seems unreasonable that in a city full of stuff and few other people there, one's first instinct would be to arm to the teeth and murder everyone else - that is your stated reason for wanting all that loot easily at hand.  How is that "living like kings"?  Sounds like you have two opposing perspectives.

To your bigger point, there's plenty of room in this game for both styles of play and both will have to coexist. No doubt there will end up being pure PVP servers/hives and others just for survival.  When modding is introduced (and it is coming) everyone will be able to find their perfect DayZ.  But for now, first and foremost, this is a survival genre game despite how people end up playing it differently.  That slurry of playing styles coupled with the time and resources required to gear up are its hallmarks.  If you only take 5 minutes to fully gear up then you are not really invested in your character and the game loses its luster.  While character investment is what makes this game different, the long periods of silence (gathering, traveling) interspersed with explosive moments of fear and exhilarating action is what makes the game great.  If you care about the game don't try to change it away from that.

Edited by OrganGrinder
  • Like 1