pale1776

It's Snowing! (On .58 EPX)

Yep, you heard it hear first. I saw this video and heard the rumors, and today I make the long trek to the Northwest of the map to make or break the rumor.

I don't care if the snow is so broken that it kills you after 10 minutes, send it to the stable update when it comes :p

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 2

I doubt it is actually snow. Looks more like a graphic glitch. There is no texture whatsoever in the snow. The base that should be there is gone. There is no snow on the trees.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I doubt it is actually snow. Looks more like a graphic glitch. There is no texture whatsoever in the snow. The base that should be there is gone. There is no snow on the trees.

I hope I'm wrong though.

It's a glitch, it's been confirmed as such by the devs afaik.

aww shucks.

I noticed the no detail whatsoever in the 'snow', but it looked so prettyy.

</3

WooHoo! Snow angels on the runway at NWAF and snowball fights with bambis on the coast! Can't wait :D

Further, it looks strange when there is snow on the ground but not on the trees, bushes, wrecks and buildings' roofs (and while the vegetation looks like late September).

Personally, I don't think we'll get any sort of weather, beyond rain, temperature and wind, until modding is supported. 

Hopefully wind becomes more of a factor, to not only affect your character's temperature, but also affecting the ballistics of a bullet.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's just a texture glitch. 

I don't want snow in Chernarus. You don't get an autumn area and a mid-winter area - that doesn't make sense. Either all of the map should be snowy or none of it should be - I'm not interested in Minecraft-style biomes. Shall we have a desert area too?

I would like to see a whole map that's snowy, though. Maybe even an alternative Chernarus that's covered in snow - that'd be neat.

Hicks said this was a bug a while ago.

I agree I would rather have a community alternative of the whole map including buildings and trees, than parts of Chernarus.

But, I think snow coming down like a short flurry would be realistic and practical as part of weather (not textures), just no accumulation. This would just represent colder air temps when precipitation was present.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's just a texture glitch.

I don't want snow in Chernarus. You don't get an autumn area and a mid-winter area - that doesn't make sense. Either all of the map should be snowy or none of it should be - I'm not interested in Minecraft-style biomes. Shall we have a desert area too?

I would like to see a whole map that's snowy, though. Maybe even an alternative Chernarus that's covered in snow - that'd be neat.

Yeah. There's a great A2 version of Chernarus that's snowy- trees, shrubs, houses, everything is covered in snow. And it looks beautiful when ported to A3

So technically the guy retextured BIs map, so if they were so inclined then they could hire/buy the map from him.

If your curious just Google Chernarus Winter.