Toperek1990 (DayZ)

My first UMP45 gunfight in Vybor! + a small tip about the weapon :)

:thumbsup:  It will be fixed for sure, just like the MP5. At first, you could fire 3 or 4 mags before badly damaging the MP5, but it has been changed since. I think the same is gonna eventually happen to the UMP. (I hope so at least.) And maybe a buff too? It's damage is one of the lowest of all the weapons. You can even compare it to the Amphibia .22  :lol:

Great video non-the-less Tope!  B)

Edit: Hey man!! Congrats on being feature in the new Status Report!! You deserve it!

Edited by Odin Lowe

Looked at video

:thumbsup:  It will be fixed for sure, just like the MP5. At first, you could fire 3 or 4 mags before badly damaging the MP5, but it has been changed since. I think the same is gonna eventually happen to the UMP. (I hope so at least.) And maybe a buff too? It's damage is one of the lowest of all the weapons. You can even compare it to the Amphibia .22  :lol:

Great video non-the-less Tope!  B)

Edit: Hey man!! Congrats on being feature in the new Status Report!! You deserve it!

The UMP45 fires .45 ACP. How is it that it does not do the same damage as the M1911, FNX, Magnum, or Repeater? The round determines the damage and last I saw .45 ACP does the same damage as .357 and is the highest damage of any pistol caliber round in the game.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

lol the term can't hit the broad side of a barn comes to mind must of been the gun eh haha nice vid though.

• Like 1

Looked at video

The UMP45 fires .45 ACP. How is it that it does not do the same damage as the M1911, FNX, Magnum, or Repeater? The round determines the damage and last I saw .45 ACP does the same damage as .357 and is the highest damage of any pistol caliber round in the game.

The 1911 take out infected in 1 shot, even if you shoot them on the foot, but somehow it took at least 4 shots to kill them with the UMP. (Unless you aim for the head.)

Thus the reason I think they'll buff/fix it. Makes no sense right now. 

Edited by Odin Lowe

I just wonder why you can't put the submachine guns on your back (instead of another rifle).

The 1911 take out infected in 1 shot, even if you shoot them on the foot, but somehow it took at least 4 shots to kill them with the UMP. (Unless you aim for the head.)

Thus the reason I think they'll buff/fix it. Makes no sense right now. 

I have seen the amount of bullets that it takes to kill infected without a headshot vary wildly from stable build to stable build and experimental to experimental. I ALWAYS opt to carry the M1911 as soon as I can get a hold of one. It is by far my favorite sidearm aside from the obviously superior FNX. Some builds, you can OHK infected with .45 ACP. Other builds require 2-4 shots. I have no idea why it changes so much but I know exactly what you are talking about. Maybe we could get some kind of official clarification on that. I will shoot SMoss a message about it and see what they say.

• Like 1

I just wonder why you can't put the submachine guns on your back (instead of another rifle).

What do you mean? You can.

Got a UMP on my back, and one in the high cap vest.

ei31w9.jpg

34fk7dy.jpg

Edit: You can put any submachine gun on your back. Please refer to the above screenshot for UMP45 reference.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Do You mean on your back or in your backpack?

pretty sure he means your back, ive put mp5k's on my back so id imagine you can put the UMP on your back too.

pretty sure he means your back, ive put mp5k's on my back so id imagine you can put the UMP on your back too.

ye :) You can :) I had it on my back before I found the mosin :)