Sign in to follow this  
Azzybaby

Dripping blood

i dunno if this has been covered b4..i have looked but cant see no refference toward it.

When you shoot someone and they bleed... until they bandage there should be a blood trail to follow ..

as this would happen in real life..

thank you

How much blood do you think people lose from a gunshot wound? You'd leave a few drops here and there but not a big trail that the average person could follow.

Either way, I think blood staining the environment (similar to Arma 3) is probably something that we'll see later in development.

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

How much blood do you think people lose from a gunshot wound? You'd leave a few drops here and there but not a big trail that the average person could follow.

Either way, I think blood staining the environment (similar to Arma 3) is probably something that we'll see later in development.

He doesn´t said a "big" trail of blood. Do you saw in reallife how much blood loss by a gunshot? I think it depends on where the bullet hit and maybe it´s hard to detect in forrest but in Buildings it would be way easier to find a trail of blood on the floor. Maybe it´s just a continuous trail of blood drops.

I really hope too they will give the fountain of blood a new design. 

Edited by frageteufel

He may not have explicitly used the word "big" but he did suggest that there would be enough blood to follow.

I think the blood fountain will probably be redesigned but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Hm... totally messed up with the quote function and can´t edit. But thankfully you got the point :D

Edited by frageteufel

O.O

When I'm hunting I track deer from their bloodtrail.

My dad was an MP and responded to murders where there's be a trail of blood from a knife to the liver leading from the downstairs kitchen to the upstairs bedroom (chased down and killed, started In kitchen)

He also deployed to Iraq twice for 2 and 1/2 years and has seen how much blood is in a human being.

A human has about 1.5 gallons on blood, a deer has about 5 quarts, or roughly 1.25 gallons of blood. So if a deer has skin twice as thick as a human and less blood but bleeds that much, imagine how much a softskinned human with more blood bleeds.

Deer blood trail leading to place of death

048.jpg

I'd post one of the aftermath of an ambush but based on prior posting of that stuff it seems I'm one of the few who can handle looking at shot up bodies...

Edited by Owen.

O.O

When I'm hunting I track deer from their bloodtrail.

My dad was an MP and responded to murders where there's be a trail of blood from a knife to the liver leading from the downstairs kitchen to the upstairs bedroom (chased down and killed, started In kitchen)

He also deployed to Iraq twice for 2 and 1/2 years and has seen how much blood is in a human being.

Deer blood trail leading to place of death

I'd post one of the aftermath of an ambush but based on prior posting of that stuff it seems I'm one of the few who can handle looking at shot up bodies...

Knife wounds are a bit more "messy" so there's usually more blood involved.

Remember humans have clothes which soak up a lot of blood and otherwise prevent it from pouring all over the place.

The blood image is fine but please, no dead things. This is a family show, lol.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not one of these gun nuts - in fact I've never fired a gun - but I'm pretty sure being shot would leave a pretty solid trail. Hell, I cut my finger a few months ago and left a trail of drips from the table to the sink.

Having said that, people wear clothes and they can probably soak up a lot of blood. Still, it'd be pretty cool from a gameplay perspective seeing splatters and trails of blood leading into a building, for example - even if it's not wholly realistic.

I don't bleed often, but when I do, I prefer hilarious squirting.

I cannot recall, during the entire time of playing first person shooters, that I wished that I could follow a blood trail.  Seems trivial.

I've also hunted deer and other game in the midwest, usa.  Having to follow a blood trail means you did something wrong and didn't take the proper shot.

Edited by Parazight

Knife wounds are a bit more "messy" so there's usually more blood involved.

Remember humans have clothes which soak up a lot of blood and otherwise prevent it from pouring all over the place.

The blood image is fine but please, no dead things. This is a family show, lol.

Lol yeah, I edited my post after you saw it but a deer has 1.25 gallons of blood and has skin twice as thick as a human being as well as fur. A human has 1.5 gallons and clothing lol.

But then again the stories my dad told and the pictures and videos I've seen online their all wearing a man dress and a towel on their head so your correct when you say clothing should affect it in Cold Chernarus.

Also- A3 has a nice blood trail system and I'd like to see that if nothing else (when you crawl it looks as if its one continuous trail

Lol yeah, I edited my post after you saw it but a deer has 1.25 gallons of blood and has skin twice as thick as a human being as well as fur. A human has 1.5 gallons and clothing lol.

But then again the stories my dad told and the pictures and videos I've seen online their all wearing a man dress and a towel on their head so your correct when you say clothing should affect it in Cold Chernarus.

Also- A3 has a nice blood trail system and I'd like to see that if nothing else (when you crawl it looks as if its one continuous trail

I think we will probably end up with something similar to Arma 3 bleeding, which is pretty authentic IMO, but nothing's been announced by the devs yet so we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I don't bleed often, but when I do, I prefer hilarious squirting.

I cannot recall, during the entire time of playing first person shooters, that I wished that I could follow a blood trail.  Seems trivial.

I've also hunted deer and other game in the midwest, usa.  Having to follow a blood trail means you did something wrong and didn't take the proper shot.

Pretty much. With proper shot placement, the animal will drop on the spot. I have a friend that hunts with a blackpowder muzzleloader, .75 caliber, and with a tight-fitting ball and patch, and with proper shot placement, the deer doesn't have the ability to run.

Hell, in this video, the guy shoots a deer in the "sweet spot" with an obsidian-tipped arrow. 30 seconds and 100 yards later, the deer is down for the count.

https://youtu.be/1VCYlg9w7dE?t=153

• Like 1

The current engine shouldn't be able to handle it, but in time, if you were to get shot in certain spots, you'd leave marks whenever grabbing items, opening doors, laying down, etc. But blood would never just pour, or even drizzle off of a person to allow someone else to follow, unless the injured person was to interact with the world.

Imagine getting shot in the back before sprinting 40 meters down a sidewalk and hiding in an alleyway. Whoever shot you would not realistically be able to see a 'path of blood' to your location, but maybe a small splatter where you were hit, and a small 15 inch trail from where you were hit so they know the general location you fled in. After getting shot and running to that alley, the only way you'd be able to leave marks for others to find is if you're still bleeding before (as stated above) interacting with the environment.

I disagree. After hitting a pest blackbear for a farmer just missing a lung shot it was bleeding heavily enough to follow through this oat field. Clothing would stop this flow a bit but I don't know if you understand how much something or someone can bleed. You tell me how I could find it in this field without seeing blood. Granted some of it was made easier by blood brushed onto the oats at spots rather than blood only on the ground.

uQnZb2fl.jpg