DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Anyone turned around in the forest and seen Slender Man?

Anyone who knows who Slender Man is will now stay out of the forest at night.

Um...kinda...but not in the forest...

After my post about the Dancing Demon/Man thing of elektro, I decided to make good on my word about heading up north after getting more supplies. Dark out again as I slowly approach the general store from the north (after, of course checking out the area where the Man was earlier, from afar) and I throw a flare a ways off so that it illuminates the store JUST ENOUGH for me to see enough to move by. I look around one last time as I enter, all the Zacks in the area are heading for the flare I threw and I can't hear any groaning noises.

So I creep into the back of the store and pick up a can of pasta when all fo a sudden my scren blurs like when you're hit, and I hear a shriek behind me. I turned around and saw a zombie wearing a dark suit with a red tie staring at me with his pale face as he held his arms in an attack position. I emptied my entire revolver into him, looted the store, and ran like an Olympic sprinter to the north.

Shortly after that I stopped in the forest, still dark out, and proceed to check my map. Finding my position and plotting a route to meet my friend in Berez in the next day or so, I hear a strange noise. It had been raining since my exodus from that accursed coastal metropolis and my body temp was beginning to drop. I had planned on applying a heat pack after exiting the map but I could barely look around after I heard the noise. It was like a pitter-pattering noise that seemed to come from all around me as I lay in the dark, wet mud. Footsteps? Why would another player be out here at this time of night, I asked myself. The server only had about me and two other guys on it. I was laying there for a good five minutes, trying to make out the source of the footsteps, but for the fact that they seemed to be moving whenever I rotated my head. It was almost as if some entity was running around me in circles for the entire time as I tried toget a bearing. Take note that it was raining this entire time, so it was a wet noise like when you run quickly through mud.

So I decide "Screw this, I'm outta this crazy town," and I stand up and run full sprint north. The noise followed. I began doing a crouch run and shakily announced that I would open fire if this guy didn't stop messing with me. No answer. I heard the muddy footsteps yet again, looking around and seeing nothing but black. I don't dare stop, but suddenly in the shadows I ran directly into... a river? A small pond? I couldn't even make out my hand i front of my face in that light, or rather the absence of it. I swam for a good 20 seconds, finally reaching land. Somehow I still had all of my gear, save for road flares. One left. I decided I didn't care if I was shot, I had to see my pursuer. I popped the flare directly behind myself, where the steps had been coming from.

Nothing was there. Just the wind in the trees and the chirping of the crikets that had seemed absent moments ago. The footsteps were gone. Then connection problems came up and I was DCed from the server due to "No message recieved."

Got a question for you guys,

everytime I log onto a server I get 2 groupmessages (the green ones), one says "Where are you?", the next is "I'm at grid 000153",

anyone been there ? It's in the sea and I never found a boat, but someone with a boat and who is brave enough could check it out^^

I've got a short story to tell...

A friend of mine and me were sneaking through the woods on our way to north when I saw something in the distance.

I asked my comrade:"Hey, do you see that over there?"

"Yes" He answered. "Looks like a streetsign to me, maybe we can find out where we are.. But why is it in the middle of the forest?"

We went closer so we could see what the sign says. It was a Bus Stop in the middle of the woods.

Now comes the part that really creeped us out of that forest: We were just about to investigate it, when a loud noise suddenly hammered through our headphones, then it went silent again..

To me it sounded like some loud static noise.To my friend like someone was shooting a rocketlauncher. But there was nothing around, except for the Bus Stop in the dark.

We went as far away from it as we could and continued our journey on the road.

Maybe some of you had the same experience? Would love to hear something about it!

I'm sorry for mistakes, english isn't my native language. :blush:

• Like 2

Well, for me, entering any forest at night is a microcosm of the blair witch project.

I also once saw a slenderman with no eyes riding a grunt from amnesia: the dark descent like an evil pony, and when it galloped towards me my character shat his pants and passed out.

Green Mountain. That place is horrible at night. Even with NVG I shit myself as everytime i go there, its quiet and errie. All you hear is wind and rustles, definatly a survivor died to bandits there and has come back to kill us all! DONT GO THERE!

My brothers... I have returned from a journey to there, though not one I volunteered to go for.

You see it all began after I had been shot at Starry Sobor. Getting equipment for myself and my allies. We were plagued with graphical artifacts and as such when we were fired upon my group chose to DC (this was not us alt f4ing like pansies, all night we'd been getting errors like this and when my friends got it I just told them to DC sine they wouldn't be able to see the shooter even if he had been flared.) I was left and attempted to flank my attacker, however I was unsuccessful.

I returned to Balota and primed myself with a remington 870 and marched toward starry again, determined to recollect some gear so that I might reconvene with my friends tomorrow. But without a map or compass to guide me I opted to follow the roads. Eventually I made it to a small town and was swarmed by zombies, which forced me into the woods.

Picking what I thought was north I trekked through the woods eventually reaching the other side. But what awaited me was not the plains and roads I expected;but instead standing tall, breaking the horizon and piercing into the sky stood the infernal tower.

Green Mountain was calling me.

And I found myself unable to refuse it's call. I had long since been disconnected from the chat with my friends and now was all alone. With only 2 other players in the server whom I had been chatting with earlier, I knew there would not be any bandits prowling the region. But I was still uneasy after my past experiences with this place.

Yet I pressed forward, determined not to let my fear control me. A fools courage guided me toward the cursed spire. The trees in the distance seemed to form shadowy figures beckoning me closer. As they swayed in the wind they seemed to usher me forth with a wave of their "hands".

Yet I continued, with naught but my Bastion playlist to keep me company. But it seemed that this too would succumb to the eerieness of this place.

For you see although the music played normally as I approached, when I was able to see the gate this began to play.

At first I jumped as I was not expecting a vocal sound to begin. But nervously I chuckled at my own skittishness, and continued inside. But the music never changed, instead it looped this song several times. And the game made no sound to challenge it. No buzzing flies again, Not even the moans of the encroaching platoon of zombies.

And the zombies themselves were out of sorts. They marched forward as if on a routine patrol. Four standard combat fatigues with two officers falling behind them. they moved forth as a unit only breaking when they noticed my incursion to this place.

I wasted no time in attempting to hide from them. Running into the tower and climbing to the top, I listened as the song ended for the sixth time and was followed by nothing. Silence, a moments peace in the otherwise relentless assault on my psyche.

However, it was not to last. Even though the silence remained, it was quickly broken by the sound of hands on the rungs of the ladder. But these were not the normal clak, clak, clak of someone climbing the ladder. These were slower, heavier, more bated. I dared not even gaze over the hole for fear of seeing what was taking so long to climb to me. So I waited, and waited, each noise made stabbing deeper into my subconscious mind. Each noise, eroding a part of the sanity that remained in me.

Finally the bastardly creature reared it's head, to which I gladly greeted with a shower of lead from my Remington. And as it fell to the ground I felt a small bit of relief. That is before the sound of the scaled ladder returned. The same slow and heavy clak as the first time.

When eventually the second creature came into my view I resolved to get the hell out of dodge. I quickly blasted the damned thing and grabbed hold of the ladder. I descended for what seemed like an eternity before finally reaching what I thought was the bottom. But Green Mountain was not quite ready to simply let me leave.

My character glitched as soon as his feet hit the ground and shifter into the wall partially. The zombies were directly in front of my face and I panicked. Firing several slugs form my Remington into them I was met only with the sound of glass shattering and zombies aggroing. They ran around the tower and clawed at it in an attempt to reach my terrified flesh. Luckily for me they were unable. I turned my back on them and mashed upon my keyboard attempting anything and everything in my power to escape. Through either divine intervention, or a pity release from the spirits that haunt that place, I was able to escape. I forced my character into a full sprint, out the door, through the gate, through the forest and across the plains.

It was only once I was halfway across the plains that I gathered up enough courage to run and look back. And there, not far form the edge of the forest, standing there and looking back at me... were two zombies. No sprinting, no rage. It seemed as if they were merely seeing me off, and taunting me with a "You'll be back" expression.

And breaking the horizon, was that infernal tower.

• Like 11

Once, I logged in after a sever restart and found a crash site sitting just in front of me. After looting it, the server was being restarted again so I logged off. Upon returning, it was gone...

I have nightmares about it every night.

-MONSTER

Aeoneth, you are braver than I

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

You all want a story?

I'll give you a story! and it's the TRUTH.

I'm a survivor of the Green Mountain incident. God damn insurgents, If it weren't for them the fucking US would never have mobilized outside the region.

It was early one morning I awoke to the sounds of dogs barking and men yelling. My door was busted down and I was knocked out by the butt of a gun. When I awoke I was in an underground lab. There must have been thirty people there with me. Men, Women, Children all of them where tied to chairs just as I was. A man came over the loud speaker and said "You have all been chosen to be test subjects for a new Electro-chemical weapon. You are doing your country proud by being tested." The loudspeaker cuts off and a splitting noise is blasted into the room. I-I can't get the sound out of my head man, it was like having a thousand satanic cultists whispering into your head. My head hurt terribly I could feel blood start to come out of my ears. I opened my eyes from the pain long enough to see the people around me, changing...

They weren't people any more they where ravenous beasts snapping at me and struggling against their bonds. The noise was suddenly cut off and there was a sound of assault rifle fire...

The Us had been pushing insurgents back from the coast all week and it seems like they where trying to commandeer this place... After a while of the others trying to bite me a group of men in gas masks and full body armor came down and rounded us up placing muzzles on every one of them. Then they where Herded upstairs and out into the court yard where we where shot. All of us... The Insurgents broadcasted the infection in a last ditch effort to stop the US advance. The only thing that could transmit that far is the Green mountain radio tower...

Stay away from green mountain. We don't go there...

Edited by ThatGuyCalledReptile
  • Like 2

One time I was at Green Mountain. During the day, on a hunt for supplies. I was in the radio tower, and mere minutes after I had arrived two heavily armed players came in. They cleared the area, and scaled the ladder one at a time. I wanted to communicate with them, but for some reason I didn't. I opened fire on them as they came up, very unlike me. As the second came up past his dying friend, he lit me up with a 30 round AK mag, but somehow I was still able to shoot him in the head with an M4 a few seconds after, when I should have died instantaneously from such a high volume of fire.. Did Green Mountain keep me alive long enough to kill two other trespassers, even though I, another trespasser myself, should have died before?

The power of that place... when it can't defend itself, does it call on us as unwitting pawns, unaware of is supernatural hold of our beings to destroy each other?

• Like 3

Aight assholes, I've read about a dozen pages of this, and I must say, I love it. However, I want to try to verify this shit. I want to assemble a team. I believe some bloke from Germany wanted to do the same (you're more than welcome to join me lad). PM me on Steam (scoopolard) or on here if you to join me. I'll prolly start Ghostbusting or whatever the hell y'all want to call it here soon. Please have plenty of food and/or hunting gear and at least a firearm of some sort before asking me. I look forward to this.

Aight assholes, I've read about a dozen pages of this, and I must say, I love it. However, I want to try to verify this shit. I want to assemble a team. I believe some bloke from Germany wanted to do the same (you're more than welcome to join me lad). PM me on Steam (scoopolard) or on here if you to join me. I'll prolly start Ghostbusting or whatever the hell y'all want to call it here soon. Please have plenty of food and/or hunting gear and at least a firearm of some sort before asking me. I look forward to this.

This will end badly.. but I'm down. ;)

My friend and I were moving through the forests around black lake, heading up and west towards the airfield - the whole time we were making our way through the trees I would hear these footsteps behind us, my friend heard nothing and I never spotted anything moving.

I was in the lead and just as we cleared the woods I turned back to make sure my buddy was still with me and managed to take this screenshot before I hit ALT-F4.

Needless to say we have never been back.

Where is the screenshot? :o

My friend and I were moving through the forests around black lake, heading up and west towards the airfield - the whole time we were making our way through the trees I would hear these footsteps behind us, my friend heard nothing and I never spotted anything moving.

I was in the lead and just as we cleared the woods I turned back to make sure my buddy was still with me and managed to take this screenshot before I hit ALT-F4.

Needless to say we have never been back.

What screenshot?

There was one time, and I was STUPIDLY proud of myself, I was doing so good. I had the M1014 shotgun (Or whatever it's called) with 4 clips of ammo a revolver with full ammo (save one space for a bandage) I had 6 morphine shots (I wasn't having none of that "broken leg" shit) a frag gerade, a ALICE pack filled with food and soda, the works if it was in game and I needed it to survive I had it. And as you read this story keep in mind I am an EXTREAMLY friendly player, I have never killed someone who didin't shot me first and I hate the idea of killing a survivor on accident.

So it's the end of a long day and the sun is going down and I figure I should do what every good survivor does when he's pimmped out and go find a place to sit and do nothing while I ate my food and drank my sodas. So I made my way south looking for a big town when I come acrossed a factory and figure it's as good a place as any to stay a while. I get inside and hold up nice, watching the big bay doors. I throw a blue glow stick in the middle just incase anyone comes in I know what I'm dealing with.

I'm sitting there for about 30-45 minutes enjoying the fruits of all my sucess when I hear foot steps outside the building, so I get ready, I lay down in a corner pull my gun out when the foot steps stop, they didin't faid out like they walked away, they just stopped. a few minutes later they start right back up again, "Someone must need the exercise" I thought as the foot steps kept doing laps around the building. Eventually I get tired of being ready for an attacker and I shout out "If someone's out there go away, I don't want to hurt you but I will."

The footsteps stop.

I sit and wait and hear the steps again.

"Please just go away"

the footsteps stop.

I get to my knees and wait.

they start again.

"I will come out there and shoot you."

as soon as thoes words escapt my mouth the far door opens.

A man walks in I can barely see his outline with my blue glowstick going.

"Are you friendly?"

he stands there facing directly towards me not moving.

"ARE YOU FIENDLY!?!?!?!"

still not moving.

I fire a shot passed him.

"Drop your weapon and walk away or I will kill you."

the player finally moving drops his weapon and backs up slowly out the door.

I kneel walk up to see what he was armed with to find an ax on the ground. I felt bad, like I just robbed a noob with no mic. I said in chat "Count to 20 and come back in to get your ax i'm leaving now." I filled my end of the bargan and left through the opisite door. As I'm walking away in the pitch black night I hear foot steps again, I drop to my knees and wait. The foot steps are running all around me again, "that prick is trolling me" I thought I threw a glow stick into the distance hoping to get sight on him. and the steps stop. It suddenly dawns on me How did he ketch up to me and know where I was? So I began crawling away from where the steps stopped after a little bit of this I got to my knees and found a road and continued on full sprint.

not 5 minutes later I hear running AGAIN!!! I keep sprinting, but the running is doing laps around me, I stop and just start shooting hoping to hit this fucker, as I'm reloading I hear someone on a mic "Should have killed me when you had the chance." and a figure from the wooded side of the road darts out with an ax, the next thing I know I have the death screen up.

Best one so far. It has all the perfect little things for one of these legends. lol

Creeeeeeeepy.

Not really a scary place but a little bit strange. I don't know if everyone noticed but deep in the woods west of Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk, there are some, I think three, of these military watch towers like the ones on the NWAF. They stand closely together and are badly damaged and aslant.

I've seen them before from afar. Me and my friends had a large camp in the western wilderness back then and after death I had to travel from Kamenka up there several times which led through these woods, where I spotted them. Unsettling but until some days ago I never explored them further. Last weekend, I think it was saturday, I decided to investigate this strange location. A part of me hoped that they might have deer stand loot, although I knew better from those on the airfield. Despite their skewed stature you can actually climb up their ladders (at least the one I tried) but when I tried to climb down it bugged (I was already on the ladder) and I suddenly fell down. I died instantly. Haunted? ;)

Way back when I first started playing I spawned in on a server in the air controller tower at nwaf. When I loaded in I realized the tower was missing walls. I then heard massive cannon fire, and peaked outside. I saw about 5 apc roving the af shooting up zombies, and actual soldiers running around as well. I then asked over side channel if anyone had seen this or knew what was going on. Several players replied they heard a few explosions but then didn't know. I called hacks and tried to leave the tower before dcing. As soon as I exit the tower I looked through iron sights one more time at the troops.

I swear I hear " there's another one" then I got just mowed down by the troops. Hacked server I don't know but never have seen the like since

Not really a scary place but a little bit strange. I don't know if everyone noticed but deep in the woods west of Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk, there are some, I think three, of these military watch towers like the ones on the NWAF. They stand closely together and are badly damaged and aslant.

Funny you mention it. There's a deerstand near there I hit if I get a kamenka spawn, easy to find, nobody goes there much, there's actually another about 500m east. A bit further up the road at Zelenogorsk there's a supermarket. If you know where to go you can be kitted up with an assault rifle, ammo, good pack, knife, matches, map, compass and a sidearm in under half an hour, usually without seeing anyone. Sound promising right? Wrong. So, so wrong.

I was into the westernmost deerstand, I'd already been up there and all I got was a smoke grenade and some ammo for a DMR. The zombies were wandering around in the field south of me, I was prone in the bushes waiting for the next lot of loot to spawn in. I heard some footsteps in the bushes behind me, just down the hill. I stay still, but look back over my shoulder. Two guys in survivor gear are running past my position, but luckily they hadn't seen me. Sweet, I think, they must be going to a camp or something. There's nothing else west of there but more trees, so I wait a bit, then start to follow them, going from tree to tree, trying to stay out of sight in case they look back. After a short pursuit, they go to the ruined base in the trees you're describing. The last time I see them, they go around the side of a broken wall there.

I run on, using the wall for cover, but when I get there and look around it, I've lost them. No sign of them anywhere. I figure they must have gone down into the gully north west of the wrecked base. I'm about to follow, when I hear a voice, and freak out as it gets closer

"twenty seven. twenty seven. tweeeenttty seeeveeeen. twenty seven. twentyseventwentyseventwentyseven... TWENTY SEVEN!"

I'm thinking, ok, what the hell is this about? The voice is coming from behind the wall. Sounds like a survivor, but I'm not hearing any footsteps. I reach the wall again, and just as I look around it, a survivor with a zombie face riding a bicycle comes around the edge of the wall. I key my mic and say "lol you scared the crap out of me dude." as he gets off the bike, armed with a hatchet. He keeps his distance.

"Twenty seven?" he asks the number like it's a question.

"what?" I say.

"Twenty seven!" he says, angrier sounding. I have no idea what the deal is, but it's kinda freaking me out, kinda funny, a whole lot of weird. Typical Day Z moment, really.

'Twenty. Seven. Twentyseven twenty seven twenty seven."

"the zombie face is cool. nice axe, too." I'm thinking, if i had a gun right now, I'd have a bike.

"twenty seven?" he asks again.

"sure, whatever, twenty seven."

He howls and launches at me, smnashes me with the axe. "twenty eight! he cries triumphantly. With each swing of the axe, he says "twenty eight! *chop* twenty eight! *hack TWENTY EIGHT!" Until I'm dead.

I thought that was strange. But you know, a good loot spot is a terrible thing to waste. I was back there a few days ago. Just cleared it out. Bandages and heatpacks and crap. I'm laying in the bushes. Watching the zombies. Waiting for the next lot of loot to spawn in. Suddenly I hear a voice coming from the direction of the ruined base, and getting louder... "two hundred and sixteen... two hundred and sixteen... two hundred and sixxxxxxteeeeeeeeeen...."

I DCed. I'm not going back. There's other places to get your starting guns.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 18

I plan on becoming an Urban Legend of my own - The Stalker of Cherno.

Beware!

• Like 2

Has anyone else found the coveted Faygo Cola soda can yet? Rocket is a big fan of ICP so I heard.

crazy

Probably not true, seeing how every ICP fan is mentally retarded.

This.

yea, so true right?!? cuz once i met a mexican, and he was a total dick. so screw them mexicans, they are all total dickheads.

sorry but u 2 are just bigots. flame away until your chubby lil digits catch on fire.

but yea this is the best thread ever. worth reading.

Edited by sickest

Love this story!

It would also make a great game mechanism by which to freak out bandits as well! You can imagine it now, the more murders you commit, the greater the chance that you get visited by weird apparitions like this one! Actions and consequences.

Wo. Ain't having a conscience a bitch!

I don't have a conscience IRL, I don't see why I should be haunted by it in a simulation.

yea, so true right?!? cuz once i met a mexican, and he was a total dick. so screw them mexicans, they are all total dickheads.

sorry but u 2 are just bigots. flame away until your chubby lil digits catch on fire.

Okay, all ICP fans have poor taste in music. You can say that without making generalizations, since all ICP fans like ICP and ICP is trash. :P