PoB (DayZ)

what a game this is

strictly speaking the simple act of killing others in any game always gives me immense pleasure but in this game... well, it has replaced Eve online as my most played game, the first game to dethrone the king of psychological PVP since GTAV.

There is something about the way this game forces players to care about their character whether or not they intend to because of the effort that is required to achieve and maintain good health and great gear that makes the act of killing even more pleasurable for me it is because I know that the better geared my victim is the more furious, depressed, sad, livid, hurt, disappointed, sick to the stomach, enraged, dejected and/or pissed off some random sad sack sat in front of a monitor somewhere who cares where cos I certainly don't once the bullets left my gun you leave my conscious mind, less than a memory, an echo that inspired a little giggle at your expense LOL it's all about the buzz of victory and the intense satisfaction of showing yet another 'friendly' fucker that they just don't get it and probably never will.

So my heartfelt thanks go out to the devs for coming up with a formula that has successfully distilled and concentrated the very essence of what it is that makes multiplayer adversarial gaming so much bloody fun and frolics... the acute pain of yet another emasculated no hope loser, the pain that is magically transformed by the internet into a deeply satisfying, testosterone production boost laced with endorphins and adrenalin which is shot mainline to the heart of the dominant vanquisher, the quick witted champion and owner of the weak and foolish.

PoB out bitches

• Like 8

strictly speaking the simple act of killing others in any game always gives me immense pleasure but in this game... well, it has replaced Eve online as my most played game, the first game to dethrone the king of psychological PVP since GTAV.

There is something about the way this game forces players to care about their character whether or not they intend to because of the effort that is required to achieve and maintain good health and great gear that makes the act of killing even more pleasurable for me it is because I know that the better geared my victim is the more furious, depressed, sad, livid, hurt, disappointed, sick to the stomach, enraged, dejected and/or pissed off some random sad sack sat in front of a monitor somewhere who cares where cos I certainly don't once the bullets left my gun you leave my conscious mind, less than a memory, an echo that inspired a little giggle at your expense LOL it's all about the buzz of victory and the intense satisfaction of showing yet another 'friendly' fucker that they just don't get it and probably never will.

So my heartfelt thanks go out to the devs for coming up with a formula that has successfully distilled and concentrated the very essence of what it is that makes multiplayer adversarial gaming so much bloody fun and frolics... the acute pain of yet another emasculated no hope loser, the pain that is magically transformed by the internet into a deeply satisfying, testosterone production boost laced with endorphins and adrenalin which is shot mainline to the heart of the dominant vanquisher, the quick witted champion and owner of the weak and foolish.

PoB out bitches

Many big words in this post :P , had to think a little when I read it. However, I agree with everything you said, and it can only get better from here!

First off, hi

Second off, not sure I grasp the meaning of this post as there is no need to care about your character as you can easily gear up and go pee vee pee some more within minutes. 

• Like 1

PoB out bitches

o/ Fellow EVE player since 06' and have to agree, tho i do like the mechanical depth eve has over dayZ. I hope that once persistence, base building, and all that is in and reliable (no more wipes or deaths to stupid glitches that should never make it past beta) maybe dayZ will take that place for me too. it's sad to see eve dwindling away in its twilight years.

First off, hi

Second off, not sure I grasp the meaning of this post as there is no need to care about your character as you can easily gear up and go pee vee pee some more within minutes. 

You'll find many folks new to dayZ struggle to get up n running. especially those going it alone. i definately hope once persistance and all the stuff i said above is done and working they make survival harder, but for now i can understand not making it punishing to simply exist considering thiers not much incentive beyond spawn, gear, pvp till you die, repeat.

First off, hi

Not necessarily. It depends on the player, their location on the map, and how much time they have invested in gearing up/surviving.

My repeater wielding badass on the coast going head to head with everyone I bump into: don't care when I die. Still an adrenaline rush, but not so painful.

My kashtan/silencer AK74 wielding character with longingly crafted Smersh vest and all of the other goodies creeping around heli-crash alley: it would hurt. Even a very one sided ambush gets my heart pumping. A half dozen kills and numerous hours spent looking over my shoulder will make most people pretty invested in their character.

And all of that doesn't even touch on the competitive side of things. It's a game of life and death. When they kill you, they won. They outplayed you, and you should have played it differently. Nearly all of my deaths leave me frustrated at myself for not playing the situation differently. If you are crying/angry at your killer, you're probably not going to learn much from your deaths (which are your mistakes).

I agree with the OP. This game can get my heart racing like no other game I've played.

• Like 1

Yes, Dayz has that "thing" that no other game ever has given me. I never knew that one day a game could give me such an insane hearthrate just by spotting someone running through some trees just ahead of me.

Edited by aasand

How has no one addressed the fact that the OP is clearly a sociopath?

• Like 8

How has no one addressed the fact that the OP is clearly a sociopath?

It's funny how much he thinks he affects the lives of others. When im sure 90% of the people he "kills" just say "oh well, i was tired of this char anyways".

• Like 5

It's funny how much he thinks he affects the lives of others. When im sure 90% of the people he "kills" just say "oh well, i was tired of this char anyways".

+1

• Like 1

So the other day i was on a server with a friend of mine, it was dark and we were just wandering around somewhere in the middle of the map. We spotted two gentlemen with weapons drawn and patrolling through the woods off to our left, we both froze and wondered if they had seen us. Well it turned out these two guys had not spotted us so we decided to follow them. We mulled the idea of ambushing them and killing em but between us we only had a Pistol with no mag and 1 chambered bullet and an array of guns with no ammo. I decided we should just continue to follow them, as they looted several small towns and minor encampments we would hide in some bushes and stalk them. The thrill of the hunt was much more satisfying then the kill, as these two survivors were leaving town they unexpectedly decided to double back, both of them walked within 10 feet of us both lying in some tall grass. Its moments like this that make me wonder how many people i have walked right past while they held their breath and bide their time as i passed.

You never know when your being watched, that is how i enjoy this game. Sure i have to kill some peeps from time to time and get killed myself often but times i have just stalked and observed people with no interaction but just to see what they are up too keep this game exciting.

I guess the whole point is, enjoy the game any way you like maybe ill stalk you sometime and i can share a special moment with us.

DayZ: the only game where you'll run around for four days to get one kill.

• Like 3

because of the effort that is required to achieve and maintain good health and great gear

I don't know which version you are playing - but it's not a current one. Finding loot is just as easy as finding water in a river since 0.57 ...

DayZ: the only game where you'll run around for four days to get one kill.

If DayZ is a mere PvP shooter game for you, you know that you have too much time at hand  ;)

Edited by Noctoras

PoB out bitches

giphy.gif

Someone's life is so pathetic that they feel the need for some Schadenfreude so they don't dwell on it.  <_<

Good luck and fair thee well. 

DayZ is an excellent game for getting the adrenaline going. No other game has captured it as well. However I think someone thinks we care more than we actually do. I think I was more upset about my Crusader dying in Hardcore mode in Diablo III and that was, "Crap! Well I did want to try a Barbarian in Hardcore."

Someone's life is so pathetic that they...

Wow, classy!

OP: You can't really assume which emotions the other player will feel. And this is a funny time to post this, but yes, Dayz is a game about theft. Theft of time investment. Loot is really easy to come by at the moment.

I'll die several times a day if I'm clan battling in a city by the coast. It never produces any extreme emotions.

• Like 1

Hello there

Lets keep it on "topic".

Rgds

LoK

<--- Another EVE player o/

DayZ has more of an immediate social challenge and opportunity system than EVE. I've rarely, if ever, met a stranger and trusted them in EVE they way I have done in DayZ.  

First off, hi

Correct - you do not need to care about your character... but.... if you've been playing for 10 hours of your real life time to get some particular setup then you may end up caring one way or other.  

If DayZ is a mere PvP shooter game for you, you know that you have too much time at hand ;)

That's all DayZ is... no base-building, no barricading, can't even store stuff in tents at the moment due to persistence being disabled...

So yeah, DayZ is basically a slightly more intense, horribly unoptimized shooter at the moment. Messing with people isn't even fun anymore. I just put 'em down, yo.

• Like 2

Correct - you do not need to care about your character... but.... if you've been playing for 10 hours of your real life time to get some particular setup then you may end up caring one way or other.  

If it takes you 10 hours to get a particular setup there is something wrong with your gameplay

If it takes you 10 hours to get a particular setup there is something wrong with your gameplay

Depends on what you're looking for and if it's a private server.   You're not really in a position to say anything is "wrong".  

Depends on what you're looking for and if it's a private server.   You're not really in a position to say anything is "wrong".  

I am in a position to say you're doing something wrong when all the loot is in the schools and guard houses.  10 minutes(tops), geared up and ready to go.  

That's all DayZ is... no base-building, no barricading, can't even store stuff in tents at the moment due to persistence being disabled...

So yeah, DayZ is basically a slightly more intense, horribly unoptimized shooter at the moment. Messing with people isn't even fun anymore. I just put 'em down, yo.

Sad but true, even my lady love abandoned me (when i play this lol, not "due to this game" or anything like that, :D ). 

But alas, i slowly found myself wandering the streets we once roamed together, alone. With fond memories of mending her perfect broken legs from second floor floor tile attacks, and 2 foot falls. 

Nowadays my game time on dayz consists of going on full servers and charging head long into the nearest town, fight, kill , die and repeat. 

If there were a 10th circle of hell, (if it isnt this planet we sadly have to live on), then dayz could well be it. :D. At this time. 

Edited by A.I.C

I am in a position to say you're doing something wrong when all the loot is in the schools and guard houses.  10 minutes(tops), geared up and ready to go.  

All the loot is not in schools and guard houses.  Yes, a lot of loot is there but not all of it.  And on a private server the loot you are after may well have been picked up and you don't have the option to hop to another server.  

Sure, you can get geared at a school / guard house.  But my point is that some players want more than just the loot that's around these locations and some items take a long time to find.   

All the loot is not in schools and guard houses.  Yes, a lot of loot is there but not all of it.  And on a private server the loot you are after may well have been picked up and you don't have the option to hop to another server.  

Sure, you can get geared at a school / guard house.  But my point is that some players want more than just the loot that's around these locations and some items take a long time to find.   

Well unless the developers decide to make a full 180 turn around and actually put survival elements into the game, looking for those special items is rather pointless at this time as you can still run around the entire map on a can of pipsi and a can of beans.  Also, wait until a server restart in the spots where those certain items spawn and voila, you got your gear.

If you enjoy your playstyle and it's within the rules, you're doing it right (regardless what know it all's on the forum say).

• Like 1