Sign in to follow this  
adriel0000

Remove the Vicinity "panel" in the future.

Today, with the spawn loot with errors (objects appear below ground), I see normal Vicinity tab.

But ... In the future, this tab is to be disabled?

I really love the idea of rocket. The loot should be hidden so that players have to stop to find the loot. But with the "Vicinity" tab it is too easy loot, and although the loot is hidden the player can find it easily.

¿What do you think?

• Like 5

This could be a server option, perhaps. It seems like your idea would make scavenging tedious. Games should be fun, not exercises in tedium, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'd love to see this, would give the ability to miss loot. Tired of seeing people run around the heli crashes with tab open.

Woah Woah Woah, slow down there. This is probably a no until we get out of alpha. There is currently a bug where you can't pick up stuff without the vicinity menu sometimes. Until they fix this bug, this is a defo no. Also sometimes loot spawns in the ground making it impossible to pick it up. That needs to be fixed too. Once they fix this, yes i would like to see this in the game.

You have meh beans good sir. maybe make people only use the Take button which appears so you can take it with F or Middle mouse.

• Like 1

This would really give the upper hand to the better survivors. If there is two buildings side by side that are identical with the same loot in the same spots and you tell two different people to go inside of each building and collect all of the loot with a taloon backpack, most likely they will both get everything (or damn close).

But if the vicinity tab is removed (which it should in the future) then the more experienced survivor will come out with more loot. Because he knows where to look, knows the building, etc.

+1

This could be a server option, perhaps. It seems like your idea would make scavenging tedious. Games should be fun, not exercises in tedium, in my opinion.

I think running around opening a menu to drag&drop items around you into your inventory without even having to look for them is tedious. Scavenging would actually be more involving if you did not rush from house to house doing inventory management but rather actually search for items.

It's similar to gathering:

• having a continuous action that periodically drops loot is kind of boring but might work as the player can do different things in the meantime
  • having a minigame to be played that rewards you would make players more involved, even if it is repetitive
  • clicking the same button over and over again being mocked for not even getting anything out of it most of the clicks is a chore

The most annoying game elements are those that force you to repeat the same trivial thing over and over with little to no actual skill (in the widest sense) involved. The vicinity menu is one such feature.

You have meh beans good sir. maybe make people only use the Take button which appears so you can take it with F or Middle mouse.

You mean... as in taking long-estabilshed and well-working ideas from other games??? This. Is. DAYZ! (kicking you down a well)

Just kidding. All for it!

Yea removing all of the silly easy mode things would be nice.

Crosshair needs to go too.

The really big question is, how do you remove the vicinity bar so that players actually have to look for stuff, while still retaining the ease of use it provides?

Specifically, access to your inventory, and the use of mouse-cursor controlled click and drag. 

The only answer I can come up with is that the player needs to actually see the loot and their inventory at the same time. That way players can use the normal controls to actually physically search for loot, and then switch to mouse control to grab the loot.