Sign in to follow this  
Mizzou60

Truck noise makes me want to KILL

Want to know why I try to engage trucks? If I hear a truck it means there is a player, which means possible danger for me.

This is by the way the reason why I don't use trucks. It's a huge magnet to zombies and players. They know you're there but you don't know that they are there.

Edited by IMT

The value of trucks is almost off the charts for some players.  It makes them irresistible bait.  

My groups new favorite hobby is to park one in the middle of the road between Kamy and Berenzio, hobble it (remove one front tire, strip battery/plug) and then wait.

We toss some food into it, maybe a canteen, etc.  Fresh spawns we let take what they need, geared dudes (and dudettes, we're equal opportunity) we pick off.  More loot for the wandering freshies.  

Or, once you play the game long enough, you'll realize 99.9999% of the people you'll encounter aren't worth your time. Don't worry, you'll get there. ;)

I used to attempt positive interaction with everyone. Now... I value players more for keeping my aim on point.

I started pvping in sandboxes when UO felucca was released.  Been doing the same ever since.  Pretty sure I have as much experience as anyone would need, sonny.

You haven't had the epiphany yet, so I assume you have a ways to go.  Don't worry, you'll get there.   ;)

Grimey Rick, master of wit,
Will rage quit over "unoptimized piles of shit"
On the forums is where he trolls.
Upgrading his rig (for what?) is how he rolls.
Doesn't like player interaction one bit

Tbh people just play games for different reasons and have different and equally valid approaches. It doesn't have to be a big wang competition and i'm not sure either of you can claim that yours is the only true way to play.

Tbh people just play games for different reasons and have different and equally valid approaches. It doesn't have to be a big wang competition and i'm not sure either of you can claim that yours is the only true way to play.

We never claimed that.  Our history of posts reflects that we don't think there is only one way to play.  Since you only have 4 posts in these here forums I'll cut you some slack, even though you're bringing up a debate two months old.

Or, once you play the game long enough, you'll realize 99.9999% of the people you'll encounter aren't worth your time. Don't worry, you'll get there. ;)

I used to attempt positive interaction with everyone. Now... I value players more for keeping my aim on point.

Says the big tough guy who saved the poor injured newb who posted for medical assistance... we all know youve turned in to a big warm softy :P

• Like 2

The value of trucks is almost off the charts for some players.  It makes them irresistible bait.  

My groups new favorite hobby is to park one in the middle of the road between Kamy and Berenzio, hobble it (remove one front tire, strip battery/plug) and then wait.

We toss some food into it, maybe a canteen, etc.  Fresh spawns we let take what they need, geared dudes (and dudettes, we're equal opportunity) we pick off.  More loot for the wandering freshies.  

This must be after you unlock your server and let others in... Having collected all the gear you want in advance. You guys are pretty amazing! #envyof1337skilz

Edited by ENO75

Very good question. Here are my top 5 reasons that I think that people release the fury on trucks in DayZ.

5. the sound of a truck is loud as FUUUUUU and it pisses people off

4. there is a game of shooting the driver/people in it without damaging the truck

3. the sound creates a sense of urgency or adrenaline rush in this simulated apocalypse

2. people are in somewhat of a zombie state to where they feel the need to rush a loud sound

...and the number one reason I think people shoot at trucks...

1. people want to claim the truck for themselves

• Like 1

I blame abundance.

the risk/reward equation in dayZ is broken because of Abundance. Considering how quick it is to gear up to a 'surival needs met and combat ready' state, it makes sense to take reckless chances and hope for dumb luck.

• Like 1

On the other hand there are a ton of similar buildings and making people run through that relatively limited inventory of structures would be suffocatingly boring. I hope there is some work going into diversifying the architecture.

Flashbacks from the war bro, you get stir crazy and go into attack mode

. They know you're there but you don't know that they are there.

I was in starry on my reg server, usually 15 ppl is the max, somehow running into people everyday-

just me and another guy online, i heard a truck coming, guy jumps out at the police station, drives across town, gets out and checks a shed, drives back across town, never gets out of the truck and then drives back across town and then off he goes on his adventure of apparently police station hopping..