Jyamah

As soon as I step it freezes!

I just bought the game today. The menu is just a little laggy, then I connected to a server. When i looked around everything was claer and running fine... but the moment I hit any movement keys, instant freezing. I come from the mod and I understand the game is in alpha state. But could someone please help me?

Specs? And check your connection to the server. Doubt that will help but we can have a better understanding, and make sure to quote my post, as it will not notify me that you replied. 

god damn spam measures...I am just active OK forums...

I have a pretty good computer with a 6 core processor ((3.5 Ghz)), 16 gigs of ram, a fine graphics card and a 1 TB  hard drive.  DayZ  Locks up all the time especially when I am  moving (running) but its pretty random.however when it happens there just happens to be a hell of a lot of HDD activity  When the HDD activity settles down the game continues normally except you will have moved quite a distance in the direction you were going prior to the lock up (and yes my HDD is defraged)..

It has been suggested that DayZ is not optimized for multi core processors. Perhaps installing DayZ on a 256 gig SSD  is the ticket. Or perhaps I should do nothing since the problem is an irritation and not a killer.Then again it may be a network problem WTFK (????????)

SSD performance boost

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-guides/dayz-standalone-performance-guide#ssd

Edited by Xbow

I also have the same exact problemo. Please let me know if any resolutions are found. 

You will get no help unless you give information about you computer specs and internet connection.

If you have a low spec computer, slow hard drive and poor wi-fi connection you will encounter problems.

Not sure if any of you are using nvidia cards but there's a process for syncing the shield tablet (I believe) called something like nvsnc or nvsvc or  something like that. I had it disabled but an update a few months ago turned it back on. It was causing walk a short distance freeze, repeat in DayZ and ArmA2 especially noticeable on on older machines. I kill it in task manager when I boot up my computer and the game plays fine on my machine that barely makes the minimum requirements.

You will get no help unless you give information about you computer specs and internet connection.

If you have a low spec computer, slow hard drive and poor wi-fi connection you will encounter problems.

My PC specs are

GPU:GeForce GTX 760

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

RAM:16GB

Res: 1920x1080, 60hz

Same Issue, was working fine...Now it loads, I can look around just fine. shoot, reload. pickup or drop items. but the second i try to take a step(wasd) it will freeze for about 15-30 sec. then go back to where i can look around just fine. I can only move a couple steps at a time and only with a 15-30 sec freeze.

Edit: Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. All Drivers and updates are current. And I am on Dayz 0.57 Im not sure if the Dayz update did this or not as i recently updated. Cant remember if it ran fine before or after as i have been troubleshooting this for about a week now. If there is a way to remove update and go back to previous i would be willing to try that as well. Thanks again in advance.

GPU: ASUS GeForce 660 ti

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4GHz

RAM: 8GB

RES: 1600x900 60Hz

4543987974.png

Edited by JgerJohn

I'm having the exact same issue.  CPU: Intel i7 870 @2.93Ghz, GPU NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, Ram: 16GB, RES: 1920x1080, OS: Win 7, Internet Speed: 50 Mb/s

Not sure if any of you are using nvidia cards but there's a process for syncing the shield tablet (I believe) called something like nvsnc or nvsvc or  something like that. I had it disabled but an update a few months ago turned it back on. It was causing walk a short distance freeze, repeat in DayZ and ArmA2 especially noticeable on on older machines. I kill it in task manager when I boot up my computer and the game plays fine on my machine that barely makes the minimum requirements.

I tried to kill it in TM but it wouldn't let me.  How did you do it specifically?

I tried to kill it in TM but it wouldn't let me.  How did you do it specifically?

I'm no computer teacher/expert had one since the late 80s and some stuff is second nature, I just google the rest.

I always click "show processes from all users" on the process tab.

Right click the offending process, end process.

The one that was getting me doesn't show a whole lot of memory used but I see a marked drop in cpu usage when it closes.

Not a computer expert, if you break something you're on your own.

I'm no computer teacher/expert had one since the late 80s and some stuff is second nature, I just google the rest.

I always click "show processes from all users" on the process tab.

Right click the offending process, end process.

The one that was getting me doesn't show a whole lot of memory used but I see a marked drop in cpu usage when it closes.

Not a computer expert, if you break something you're on your own.

I tried it.  It didn't work at all.  Thanks for the info though.  I have no idea what's going on. I've been with this game for a while now.  I guess I'll find another game until .58 comes out and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

I have just encountered the same problem this week, since I updated to 0.57 I believe. Anyway as soon as I try to walk anywhere I get FPS drop and it freezes, if I try to continually run then the game freezes completely.

Any helps would be massively appreciated because I have an addiction to this game!! :')

My specs: Gigabyte GTX770 Nvidia Graphics Card (4GB)

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core

Asrock Socket AM3+ 970

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)

Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB

Running Windows 7. And installed 32 bit and 64 bit

I had a problem with freezing here and there on occasion, the one thing that stopped it for me was putting my OS and dayz on a brand spanky new SSD and that has sorted it. Not once since the install have I had any freezing, my frames are now smooth as silk except for the usual drop when in bigger cities. Im in the throws of upgrading my pc and the ssd was the first part I purchased, threw it in and this was the biggest help for performance gain for me. I also did all the usual config settings too and set power management mode to max performance in nvidia control panel. Dayz and ssd together are a must in my book.

this problem is not a "freezing here and there on occasion problem"  It's every key stroke and it makes the game unplayable. 

I have the exact same issue; here's a copy of the situation that I've posted all over the place in hope of answers:

My issue with DayZ started a few days ago:

Whenever I input any kind of "command" while running DayZ, I get ridiculous amounts of latency. I use the term command pretty loosely because it's almost as if ANY input freezes things up. For example, when on the main menu, I experience a 2-3 second delay from me clicking a tab to the game responding. This applies to just about everything GUI based; clicking "ok"s, clicking settings, scrolling down a menu, etc. This same delay also seems to apply to IG commands, as when I finally log on to a server, tapping "W" to walk forward causes a stutter. The longer I hold down W, the longer the freeze lasts for. For example, if I quickly tap W,A,S,D, after a 1 second stutter my character appears or warps to the appropriate distance. If I hold down a key for, say, 3 seconds, the game literally freezes for around 10-15 seconds until I finally "appear" in the direction I would have arrived at normally for holding down a directional key. Strangely enough, these freezes seem to only come about when press a keyboard key, or click my mouse, but moving my cursor around doesn't cause any issues. This applies both to navigating menus as well as looking around in game (when I first load in a server, I can use the mouse to move my view around without so much as a hiccup, but the second I try to walk or even hold down Alt to freelook, the freezing happens). 

I'm really at a loss, I've never encountered this issue before, and today I've run several different games, most of which pulling more CPU and GPU resources than DayZ, and they are running perfectly fine. 

Things I've tried so far:

• Verifying game cache integrity of DayZ via Steam
  • Completely uninstalling and re-installing DayZ
  • Various edits to my DayZ config; the issue remains across the entire display spectrum, from the lowest settings on 800 x 600 to the highest on 1080p

I've searched online for solutions using keywords like "DayZ input latency" or "DayZ keyboard lag" but I keep finding solutions pertaining to generic performance tweaks for FPS milking. The closest thing I found were a few threads talking about mouse lag. Even though my mouse seemed to be the only thing NOT stuttering for me, I gave it a shot anyways but it was just more of the same DayZ.config editing. 

The game is essentially unplayable in this state; please help! sad.png

P.S. Here are some system specs:

roZwC4U.png

I have the exact same issue; here's a copy of the situation that I've posted all over the place in hope of answers:

My issue with DayZ started a few days ago:

Whenever I input any kind of "command" while running DayZ, I get ridiculous amounts of latency. I use the term command pretty loosely because it's almost as if ANY input freezes things up. For example, when on the main menu, I experience a 2-3 second delay from me clicking a tab to the game responding. This applies to just about everything GUI based; clicking "ok"s, clicking settings, scrolling down a menu, etc. This same delay also seems to apply to IG commands, as when I finally log on to a server, tapping "W" to walk forward causes a stutter. The longer I hold down W, the longer the freeze lasts for. For example, if I quickly tap W,A,S,D, after a 1 second stutter my character appears or warps to the appropriate distance. If I hold down a key for, say, 3 seconds, the game literally freezes for around 10-15 seconds until I finally "appear" in the direction I would have arrived at normally for holding down a directional key. Strangely enough, these freezes seem to only come about when press a keyboard key, or click my mouse, but moving my cursor around doesn't cause any issues. This applies both to navigating menus as well as looking around in game (when I first load in a server, I can use the mouse to move my view around without so much as a hiccup, but the second I try to walk or even hold down Alt to freelook, the freezing happens). 

I'm really at a loss, I've never encountered this issue before, and today I've run several different games, most of which pulling more CPU and GPU resources than DayZ, and they are running perfectly fine. 

Things I've tried so far:

• Verifying game cache integrity of DayZ via Steam
  • Completely uninstalling and re-installing DayZ
  • Various edits to my DayZ config; the issue remains across the entire display spectrum, from the lowest settings on 800 x 600 to the highest on 1080p

I've searched online for solutions using keywords like "DayZ input latency" or "DayZ keyboard lag" but I keep finding solutions pertaining to generic performance tweaks for FPS milking. The closest thing I found were a few threads talking about mouse lag. Even though my mouse seemed to be the only thing NOT stuttering for me, I gave it a shot anyways but it was just more of the same DayZ.config editing. 

The game is essentially unplayable in this state; please help! sad.png

P.S. Here are some system specs:

roZwC4U.png

You have explained my problem exactly. I'm still having the same issue. 

Hi guys I managed to fix this problem!!

I recently updated to Windows 10, then went to Nvidia and found the latest drivers, installed them and hey presto it worked! Not sure if that's any help for anybody but worked for me

A couple of us have been having this issue. Not sure if it will help you, but it did me. First off, Start Dayz and go into a server. Then CNTRL ALT DEL and start task manager. Find stij.exe and end process. There may be 2. (stij.exe and stij.exe32) That should fix the issue. It wouldn't hurt to delete and remove stij from you computer all together. A quick google search will show you how.

Good luck and i hope this helps!

Im sure there was a thread/post about some program called razor game booster which turns off applications for you if you dont know for yourself . Could always give it a shot.