Sign in to follow this  
Fuerii

Akm/ak101 not spawning

Sorry if this has been covered, I had no luck with the search function.

Since the last update I have found many ak74 and aks74u, but not a single akm or ak101. Are they still spawning in barracks? Barracks seem to not be effected by the loot explosions so maybe I've just been real unlucky.

Thanks!

Ak 101 I have not seen only the mags at vybor mil base crash. Akms have become extremely rare I only find them at svetlajarsk guard house oddly though a friend of mine found one in cherno. Though I haven't seen any ak rail hand guard or an ak bayonet.

i found an akm and drum mag at a guardhouse near some construction/power plant way up in the north ( Novaya Petrovka I think )

I've searched numerous places for the AKM and had no luck. Always find a AK74 but no luck with the AKM. Found drum mags and magazines for the AKM but the weapon is missing for me.

I've found a couple AKM at humvee spawns in the middle of random towns. No AK101 yet. Drum mags are pretty easy to come by.

AKM's spawn at the "balanced" rate I would expect them to. It's the most powerful assault rifle in the game, and not a weapon I would imagine to be left lying around during an apocalypse. And the relatively higher spawn rate of its mags always makes you helpful to find one around the next bend.

• Like 1

carried around a AK-101 for a few days before i got aggravated not finding a mag and threw it in a pond good riddance i say. check the gaurd shack found at most indy areas theres usually always an ak-74 or ak-101 for me atleast and i've found nothing but akm mags and drums ugh so frustrating sometimes.

I've searched numerous places for the AKM and had no luck. Always find a AK74 but no luck with the AKM. Found drum mags and magazines for the AKM but the weapon is missing for me.

same can't find an AKM for shit i find half the damn parts hence why i switched to a magnum and a winchester screw searching high and low for damn parts.

same can't find an AKM for shit i find half the damn parts hence why i switched to a magnum and a winchester screw searching high and low for damn parts.

Which I think is how it should be :)

KPm8Y1U.jpg

Well, my search is over. :D

• Like 1

I'm loving it. The newly balanced damage system and the vastly reduced amount of "heavy hitters" like the AKM made close quarters combat so much more exciting, because you don't die from one lucky stray bullet (not counting headshots, of course).

Even with the Winchester you have to hit someone in the chest twice if they're wearing a good vest, which is so cool, because it gives a chance of survival. No more constant death without anything you can do about it. (unless you encounter an amazing shot who goes for headshots every time)

I would like to see more AKM's in the game. I would argue that as a post Soviet state, it should be swimming in AKM's. Although in all fairness many would have been replaced with the AK-74 and AK101. Lot's of SKS's all over the place, seems pretty realistic as well as I'm sure many were relegated to the home guard and ceremonial duty. 

Agree an AKM would be very popular during an apocalypse. Hell they are popular right now. I have 9 AK variants and 2 RPK's, all in 7.62x39. Had a Khyber Pass AK-74 build and also a Bulgarian Krink but sold those off.

I would like to see more AKM's in the game. I would argue that as a post Soviet state, it should be swimming in AKM's. Although in all fairness many would have been replaced with the AK-74 and AK101. Lot's of SKS's all over the place, seems pretty realistic as well as I'm sure many were relegated to the home guard and ceremonial duty. 

Agree an AKM would be very popular during an apocalypse. Hell they are popular right now. I have 9 AK variants and 2 RPK's, all in 7.62x39. Had a Khyber Pass AK-74 build and also a Bulgarian Krink but sold those off.

no way don't want it saturated with a bunch of heavy hitting guns it would become chaos. i like the variations right now maybe add some m4's to the mix i don't use them but on the rp server i play on its all ak's i seen one guy with an aug i think me and my buddy are the only ones rockin the civ weapons but oh well i guess different strokes different folks.

no way don't want it saturated with a bunch of heavy hitting guns it would become chaos. i like the variations right now maybe add some m4's to the mix i don't use them but on the rp server i play on its all ak's i seen one guy with an aug i think me and my buddy are the only ones rockin the civ weapons but oh well i guess different strokes different folks.

You don't know how post soviet bloc countries work, do you?

If anything AKMs should be extremely abundant but 7.62x39 should be rather rare.

Well, they have a huge disadventage. I'll refer to the "heavy hitting guns". :) I noticed you get exhausted very fast while running with an AKM in your hands. I jogged like a minute and was already heavy breathing. Guess it's because of the drum mag. ;) Edited by IMT

If we are "swimming" in those desirable assault rifles, why even include the sporter, IZH, sks, cr527, etc?

Yes AKs would be common IRL, but this is a game, and it's more fun gradually gearing up than just going from no gun to THE gun every spawn.

Every firefight being auto vs auto gets stale. We are lucky enough to have a wide variety of weapons with a nice spectrum of functionality. Yes, I'd rather have an AKM, but killing that AKM guy with my chambered cr527 makes the kill that much more rewarding.

Realism can kill gameplay.

If we are "swimming" in those desirable assault rifles, why even include the sporter, IZH, sks, cr527, etc?

Yes AKs would be common IRL, but this is a game, and it's more fun gradually gearing up than just going from no gun to THE gun every spawn.

Every firefight being auto vs auto gets stale. We are lucky enough to have a wide variety of weapons with a nice spectrum of functionality. Yes, I'd rather have an AKM, but killing that AKM guy with my chambered cr527 makes the kill that much more rewarding.

Realism can kill gameplay.

Well, some people prefer other guns over the AK. An AK has a lot of recoil of course and firing controlled shots is kind of hard with a full automatic weapon. Against the AK74 and AK101 a SKS has an adventage. The bullets, SKS uses 7.62x39mm, the AK74 uses 5.45x39mm and the AK101 uses 5.56x45mm. That is a big difference there which could decide the outcome of a firefight.

The AKM uses the same ammo as the SKS but it's harder to control the shots and firing accurate. I also think the AKM is a lot louder than the SKS.

Though, there is no argument that the AKM is the best full automatic weapon at least damage wise.

But yes, assault rifles are powerful because they are made to combine a full automatic SMG with a rifle. In real life the chance of surviving a 7.62 bullet is very slim when the right bullets are used. Small entry wound but a freaking big exit wound.

Edited by IMT

In a way I hope the damage model is set to be no one hit kill weapons besides headshots(Pistol headshots would knock out and severely wound.) and most weapons take 3-4 hits to kill vs an vest. Unrealistic as It may be, gunfights are more fun when it isn't always whoever gets the first shot off wins.

The newly balanced damage system

Can you elaborate on that, please? I didn't realize damage values had changed.

Can you elaborate on that, please? I didn't realize damage values had changed.

It can be assumed that it has something to do with the old "spinal damage" system. It might be completely unintended on the Devs part, but it is what it is. It's somewhat erratic. 

While before, most of the rifles were one shot kills to the chest against a player, now I've seen people survive 2 AKM rounds to the chest and only going down on a third. And personally, I needed two Winchester shots to the chest of a guy before he died.

Sorry if this has been covered, I had no luck with the search function.

Since the last update I have found many ak74 and aks74u, but not a single akm or ak101. Are they still spawning in barracks? Barracks seem to not be effected by the loot explosions so maybe I've just been real unlucky.

Thanks!

I asked around, and the AKM/AK-101 should still be spawning.

• Like 1

Regarding the "weapon balancing"- discussion, I have noticed that bullet hits may not be registered 100% by the server in this build - intended or not?

We tested the sporter with hunting scope on our private hive last week (accuracy and damage wise). It took me 3 headshots until my buddy fell unconscious. Everytime he was heavily bleeding though. We looked at the server log file afterwards and only the last, third shot registered correctly, reporting back a hard hit shock value of roundabout 12.000.

You can watch the last sniper gameplay videos of "DannyPlays" - You will see the same thing there - 100% deadly headshots (also with high caliber rifles) not registering correctly.

I also watched some random streamer these days. He was trying to kill himself by jumping off the big white silos. It took him like 10 times until it was registered and he was dead.

I think what we see here are some "leftovers" of the bug where your status effects were not updated properly in exp 0.57. It could be wrong, though. Those are just my observations.

Cheers, Simon

I asked around, and the AKM/AK-101 should still be spawning.

I've found a few AKM's but not a single AK-101 anywhere, even after server restarts. AK-101 mags I have seen, along with 5.56 ammo. 

Regarding the "weapon balancing"- discussion, I have noticed that bullet hits may not be registered 100% by the server in this build - intended or not?

We tested the sporter with hunting scope on our private hive last week (accuracy and damage wise). It took me 3 headshots until my buddy fell unconscious. Everytime he was heavily bleeding though. We looked at the server log file afterwards and only the last, third shot registered correctly, reporting back a hard hit shock value of roundabout 12.000.

You can watch the last sniper gameplay videos of "DannyPlays" - You will see the same thing there - 100% deadly headshots (also with high caliber rifles) not registering correctly.

I also watched some random streamer these days. He was trying to kill himself by jumping off the big white silos. It took him like 10 times until it was registered and he was dead.

I think what we see here are some "leftovers" of the bug where your status effects were not updated properly in exp 0.57. It could be wrong, though. Those are just my observations.

Cheers, Simon

Were they wearing helmets/hats/any headgear?

Found an AKM on a humvee y-day. it was at novaya petrovka on the Wobo eu server. I left it there as I already had an Ak74 with mags.