ColdAtrophy

DayZ SA Modding: A New Map

these weapons are automatic, so it would have to be an M-4.

9NFGE5w.gif

ColdATrophy...I thought you was looking for some input.

You've spent most of this thread telling others NOT to post about certain topics, yet you have failed to reply to most of the interesting posts. Check thread back over once more...some good ideas knocking about.

If you need any 'out of the box' ideas, concepts, designs for the logic of the 'map', I/we could take it a step further and come up with a brand new mod/game if you have the time.

Take it easy.

ColdATrophy...I thought you was looking for some input.

You've spent most of this thread telling others NOT to post about certain topics, yet you have failed to reply to most of the interesting posts. Check thread back over once more...some good ideas knocking about.

If you need any 'out of the box' ideas, concepts, designs for the logic of the 'map', I/we could take it a step further and come up with a brand new mod/game if you have the time.

Take it easy.

Yes. I did try to get people to stay on topic. I didn't feel the need to post specifically about every single idea posted. How astute of you to notice.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Yes. I did try to get people to stay on topic. I didn't feel the need to post specifically about every single idea posted. How astute of you to notice.

Just hit the Report tab and type off-topic.

• Like 1

Hi there,

sorry i didnt read the entire thread but currently i m also in a map creation process.
i m really interested in how others plan wich tools to use and what size the map should be.

i decided to make a "hardcore-suvival" map without huge towns (because of fps) but with many special locations and a maximum of terrain complexion.

at the moment i m in the terrain builder process. my map terrain is based on austrian landscape and vegetation in the lower alps. big lakes and rivers 

should cut the landscape throughout big forrests and valleys. Target resolution of the map is 2048x2048x1 (wich means 20x20km=400km²).

Currently i have created a example map to learn the relations of height-model and realistic ground geometry.

With Arma3 i m able to test it in this wise. if interested visit my thread:

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230734-some-questions-about-building-alternative-maps/

there are many maps outthere in the arma universe who looks really good and could "possibly" be ported to Dayz SA in the future.
one of my favorit maps at the moment is Taunus by a german Arma3 modding team (work in progress)... take a look

https://imgur.com/a/7Cuud

• Like 1