Heatofbattle

3 new vehicles and parts

At e3 Hicks announced that they are going to release 3 new vehicles as well as new parts soon. Let us speculate on what they are.

Attack Heli, A-C130, and SCUD launcher confirmed?
Actually though, I think a bus Is coming.

What's the third one, though?? :)

that report mentions the GAZ Volga, Lada Niva, and the Ikarus 260. personally I think the Niva looks like a good fit for what I do. anyways those seem to be the 3 upcoming vehicles but I am not sure on what the third one is that you felt was missing.

that report mentions the GAZ Volga, Lada Niva, and the Ikarus 260. personally I think the Niva looks like a good fit for what I do. anyways those seem to be the 3 upcoming vehicles but I am not sure on what the third one is that you felt was missing.

The Lada is what I somehow missed. I guess I did read that before, but it's been a while. That's a good [short] list.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-06/17/full-version-dayz-this-year

This article says "It will also launch with a trio of vehicles to use".

So it's not "release of 3 vehicles", but "release WITH 3 vehicles". Quite a difference... it's essentially a confirmation that the release version won't be anywhere near complete.

Edited by derLoko

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-06/17/full-version-dayz-this-year

This article says "It will also launch with a trio of vehicles to use".

So it's not "release of 3 vehicles", but "release WITH 3 vehicles". Quite a difference... it's essentially a confirmation that the release version won't be anywhere near complete.

the "feature complete" version of the game will be available later this year. What that rather nebulous term means is that before 2015 is out, DayZ will finally have everything in place to be considered a full game, offering players a complete experience in one package.

Sounds to me like they're talking about Beta coming out later this year, which is what they were on track for anyway.  'Feature Complete' not Content Complete, meaning they expect to have all the systems in place, and they'll focus more on adding content (weapons, vehicles, items) and fixing bugs.

I wouldn't trust anything that comes once or twice removed from the source, because someone can read, "Yes, we're planing on adding the MP40, K98, Luger, as well as mothballed Wehrmacht uniforms to the game..." and some headline somewhere will say 'GAME STUDIO BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE, CREATOR OF TORTURE SIMULATOR DAYZ, OPENLY SUPPORTS NEO-NAZISM!'

EDIT

However, he also said that the full DayZ will effectively be the beta release for the game, with more tweaks to come in response to player feedback.

Told you.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

I wouldn't trust anything that comes once or twice removed from the source 

this is true, tho - he wasn't quoting Hicks directly and the article is indeed a bit of a mess.

Does anyone have better sources?

edit: in this short panel, Hicks says "coming soon [...] 3 new vehicles & new functionaily". Very different from what was written in wired.

https://youtu.be/1rdRiGKoKyA?t=1m46s

fucking media distorting the truth, it's an illuminati conspiracy!

Edited by derLoko

this is true, tho - he wasn't quoting Hicks directly and the article is indeed a bit of a mess.

edit: in this short panel, Hicks says "coming soon [...] 3 new vehicles & new functionaily". Very different from what was written in wired.

It wouldn't have made sense in any context for there to be a release of just 3 vehicles, because we already have the V3S in the game and not only have they mentioned the three other cars (well, really, two and a bus) but also that we'll eventually be seeing aircraft as well.

He was implying the next big update to the alpha :P

Consider the source as well, Wired is more of a general news source rather than an outright game news site, and would be unfamiliar with a lot of the terms used in the industry (even the game news industry often gets things wrong or blow them out of proportion).  Alpha, Beta, Release, release, DLC, to paraphrase one of my favorite TV Chefs, these are industry terms and not regulated by your government.  And there's also our own willingness to believe or misread things (valve.software.com anyone?).  I kid you not, back in the mod days someone I was playing with said that DayZSA was coming out NEXT WEEK but they renamed it to WarZ instead.  This was before WarZ was exposed for what it was, though I already looked it up a bit before that and was trying to tell him that it was a different game, he wouldn't believe me, "Nah man it's all legit, I'm gonna preorder it as soon as I'm done playing tonight'.  Needless to say a week later I talked to him and his tone was a bit different.

Ah well, back on semi topic, any idea what version/year of the GAZ Volga and Lada Niva they're gonna use?

Ah well, back on semi topic, any idea what version/year of the GAZ Volga and Lada Niva they're gonna use?

I think Niva didnt change much in all her production period. It had 2 or 3 engines and few minor exterion changes (headlights and front grill) Volga will be same version that we had in mod and we can find everywhere. 

I wonder how many parts will there be to colect, and which will be esencial to make vehicles drive. We can drive car without headlights and exhoust, but it has side efects.

Ah, didn't make the connection that the GAZ from the mod was the Volga, then again I'm an American with little interest in cars (the majority of them all looks the same to me) and pretty much all my knowledge of Euro cars comes from DayZ and Wikipedia.  Speaking of which from that site it looked like there was a pickup truck version of the Niva.  I'll be really happy to be tooling around in a Skoda again, dunno why, but I liked that one and the V3S (even looked into buying one and shipping it here, a fantasy that ended very quickly).

Ah, didn't make the connection that the GAZ from the mod was the Volga, then again I'm an American with little interest in cars (the majority of them all looks the same to me) and pretty much all my knowledge of Euro cars comes from DayZ and Wikipedia.  Speaking of which from that site it looked like there was a pickup truck version of the Niva.  I'll be really happy to be tooling around in a Skoda again, dunno why, but I liked that one and the V3S (even looked into buying one and shipping it here, a fantasy that ended very quickly).

http://imgur.com/uKwMPRO

I wonder how many parts will there be to colect, and which will be esencial to make vehicles drive. We can drive car without headlights and exhoust, but it has side efects.

Here's what I've seen so far:

1. Battery

2. Exhaust

3. Radiator

4. Headlight bulb(s)

5. Engine V-belt (it isn't specific, not that it really matters)

6. Wheel & tire package (seems you'll need to repair them, maybe not replace them?)

7. Spark plug(s)

8. Brake fluid

9. Engine oil

10. Fuel (probably gasoline)

I'm sure I'm missing something, and it's subject to change of course, but that's potentially 10 things standing between you and a perfect condition vehicle. That doesn't count any tools you may need to find in order to perform certain tasks.

Will be fun trying to find all the parts to make vehicles however lets be serious for a minute. No way in fucking hell could you carry an entire engine miles to your location even in a back pack. Your back would go out on you. Hence why i think we should have some kind of craftable sled pull system for heavy objects like that. Make it an added bonus realism objective you have to do in order to get your car parts from point A to point B. Or hell even a wheel barrel would work.

Will be fun trying to find all the parts to make vehicles however lets be serious for a minute. No way in fucking hell could you carry an entire engine miles to your location even in a back pack. Your back would go out on you. Hence why i think we should have some kind of craftable sled pull system for heavy objects like that. Make it an added bonus realism objective you have to do in order to get your car parts from point A to point B. Or hell even a wheel barrel would work.

I don't think you would ever need to move an entire engine. As I understand it, the only replaceable parts will be the list I mentioned above. The heaviest of those would be a wheel/tire combo that would be impossible for most human beings to carry by themselves without ending up crippled. Even carrying something like a battery over a long distance would really tire you out though, so you're definitely justified in wondering how all of this is going to work.

• Like 2

Here's what I've seen so far:

1. Battery

2. Exhaust

3. Radiator

4. Headlight bulb(s)

5. Engine V-belt (it isn't specific, not that it really matters)

6. Wheel & tire package (seems you'll need to repair them, maybe not replace them?)

7. Spark plug(s)

8. Brake fluid

9. Engine oil

10. Fuel (probably gasoline)

I'm sure I'm missing something, and it's subject to change of course, but that's potentially 10 things standing between you and a perfect condition vehicle. That doesn't count any tools you may need to find in order to perform certain tasks.

The three things on this list that would be a pain in the rear to transport w/o a vehicle of some sort IRL any real distance would be Fuel, Wheel/tire, and battery.

• Like 1

The three things on this list that would be a pain in the rear to transport w/o a vehicle of some sort IRL any real distance would be Fuel, Wheel/tire, and battery.

Definitely. Based on what I've seen in the files, we may someday have smaller fuel containers that wouldn't be as heavy or bulky, so that would help at least. Wheel/tire combo for any of the vehicles in this game would be awful to carry (V3S might be impossible).Batteries are always heavy as shit :p

• Like 1

I would like to see an ATV in the game. 800cc variety that will take 2 up and pillion rider can shoot while mounted. Maybe a rack in front and back that can hold gear or a gas can or two. 

Definitely. Based on what I've seen in the files, we may someday have smaller fuel containers that wouldn't be as heavy or bulky, so that would help at least. Wheel/tire combo for any of the vehicles in this game would be awful to carry (V3S might be impossible).Batteries are always heavy as shit :P

Batteries and a fuel can of any size would be do-able IRL with a proper pack (and that is all that is in it.) and the wheel/tire combo is possible if you rolled it, but it would be a form of torture in the realm of Atlas. ;)

• Like 1

I dont think we will carry entire engine or wheel like we did in mod. Mod was too limited. But we should be able to carry/stear tires without rims. That is heavy but not imposible (at least not for cars). To take out engine from car, and even more to put it back you need crane and a lot of knowledge. So I think we will have lot of smaller but important parts like spark plugs, belts, radiator, maybe cables. 

We're going to need hand-carts, that's for sure.

If only as a means of transporting ourselves to hell.