Sign in to follow this  
tandwan

I killed a man today...

First off let me say this. I play a hero or at least a friendly player and in truth I have never run into anyone in this game with voice and such. I usually just avoid players and leave them food / water behind with a letter saying - This will help, sorry I didn't stay - OPF Sleepy. This time I was at the North West Airfield and snooping around when this player came running headlong into the industrial building by the northern barracks. I was on the top level and immediately took off and hid in the corner. He stayed on the bottom floor and I started screaming "Friendly! Friendly! Friendly!" I then turned, sighted in on him and instructed him to drop his weapon and sadly, he never did. A single shot to the head and he died, but some things I noticed after I killed him. He had ammunition enough for three different people, AK ammo, Aug ammo (which was his weapon) several vests and stuff... He BARELY had in any food on him and 1 bottle of water. The rest of his inventory was filled with ammo, medical supplies, an ammo box and a vest in his vest with an M65 jacket.

If you're reading this guy, I couldn't see your name... game would not let me... but man i'm sorry. I didn't want to have to shoot you but military training took over for me. Told you drop the weapon, you refused and kept it out... i'm sorry. But if you are reading this.... why did you need all that ammo? You had magazines for an AK and you didn't even have an AK. You had at least 300 rounds of ammunition for your Aug including more AK ammo in the ammo box. Seriously, man, you don't need all that stuff.

• Like 3

You did a good thing, he was gearing up with ammo so he could kill a ton of people before he starved. You probably saved a couple people, or prolonged their lives at least.

Also

https://youtu.be/k-ARuoSFflc

• Like 2

Thank you, this is actually my favorite song... me and my friend, Scott Metcalf who died deployed to Iraq used to listen to this all the time. Good memories.

• Like 1

The definition of a survivor - to survive. You lived to tell about it. You also saved him the pain and suffering of having to live off all those bullets, the guy would've been pooping lead and gunpowder.

... but in this release food is plentiful and hunger/thirst seem to move at a snails pace so it's not like you need a lot of food right now. He also may have been a KOS guy who ate everyone he killed hoping that it was still safe (which it's not supposed to be anymore). I've seen a lot of streamers that basically lived that way because hey - it's quicker and easier than looking for cans and stuff!

But the real reason why this was ok - NWAF is a KOS warzone usually. People comply or people die there, plain and simple. He knew what the risks were, don't feel bad.

• Like 2

I read that voice chat can be bugged in the latest version. Maybe he never heard what you said to him.

Or he was a newbie. I don't know why he wouldn't go for cover if someone is aiming at him and from the sound of it you warned him quite a bit before you shot him. IF he heard you he shouldn't have just stood there.

Why people do what they do is hard to tell. He might be a new player not knowing what he is doing.

Or he might be in a squat and gather ammunition for his team.

He might be a canibal gearing up for a feast.

Endless possibilities. ;)

DayZ is a harsh world. You did good.

I met a fellow survivor yesterday. I tried communicating with him, vocally, using various language. He didn't reply anything. Not a single word spoken, or typed.

I wiggled. He flipped me off. I laughed and left him there. He wasn't armed, and was probably waiting for me to put him out of his misery, but I didn't.  Surviving is tougher than simply giving up... Besides, he might see this as some hope left out there, maybe.

29m99ub.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

YOUR GOING TO JAIL WOMAN! INTERNET JAIL, YEAH BABY! 83

I couldn't resist im sorry. XD

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Congratulations on popping your DayZ murder cherry!  

:thumbsup:

• Like 1