NomadZ

Everyone plays the game the way they want, so...

The old saying is true you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink (lol i hope you looked up the definition of a exploit as it relates to the gaming industry, might help your, um career if you actually know what the terminology means..........

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about as I'm doing this for a living. But be my guest, fuel your own delusions.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about as I'm doing this for a living. But be my guest, fuel your own delusions.

LOL not a  huge fan of wiki pages but they got the definition down pretty good ... You might want to read it there captain delusional https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28video_gaming%29

Damn man i hope that career works out for you because if you cant see the difference between a game mechanic being exploited and a bug and how they would relate in dealing with it ,and how it should be expressed to the developers..

I only combat log at hacker encounters.

This is the only valid reason.

• Like 1

Seems like he deleted his account before I could add him to my ignore list.

LOL not a  huge fan of wiki pages but they got the definition down pretty good ... You might want to read it there captain delusional https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_%28video_gaming%29

Damn man i hope that career works out for you because if you cant see the difference between a game mechanic being exploited and a bug and how they would relate in dealing with it ,and how it should be expressed to the developers..

I'm pretty satisfied with my career so far, thank you for your concerns. As a matter of fact, you might want to check this article on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect . It describes your attitude perfectly.

• Like 1

Buddy, there are lawyers out there that are doing their job for a living, doesn't necessarely mean that they are good at what they are doing though ! 

• Like 1

I'm pretty satisfied with my career so far, thank you for your concerns. As a matter of fact, you might want to check this article on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect . It describes your attitude perfectly.

LOL strange i got the definition of an exploit as it relates to a game dead on but i still wouldnt say i was any kind of an expert. You have shown a lack of understanding of the terminology and your only rebuttal has been i work as a tester meh( like your the first person to lie about being in software development on these forums).

So i am glad you found that article interesting it is quite obvious which test group you fall into...

Killed a guy last night while he was manuka a beeline from Vibor proper to VMB. He had a blue talon pack and policeman's hat. After first hit, he went prone, then stood up in the middle of the field bleeding out both sides of his torso. Easy kill. Was combat logging effective in his case? Bang!

LOL strange i got the definition of an exploit as it relates to a game dead on but i still wouldnt say i was any kind of an expert. You have shown a lack of understanding of the terminology and your only rebuttal has been i work as a tester meh( like your the first person to lie about being in software development on these forums).

So i am glad you found that article interesting it is quite obvious which test group you fall into...

You don't understand the basics of QA. I've rebutted all of your "arguments", I explained to you why combat logging isn't an exploit and all you do is quote the definition of the meaning of "exploit", which, in your eyes, somehow proves me wrong? Come on mate, I'm sure you can do better than that :) Why don't you address the points that I made? That would be a good start.

Edited by BlinkingRiki182

Buddy, there are lawyers out there that are doing their job for a living, doesn't necessarely mean that they are good at what they are doing though ! 

Buddy, if you haven't been to law school and they put you against a working lawyer, however bad, guess who's gonna have better understanding of law... 

You don't understand the basics of QA. I've rebutted all of your "arguments", I explained to you why combat logging isn't an exploit and all you do is quote the definition of the meaning of "exploit", which, in your eyes, somehow proves me wrong? Come on mate, I'm sure you can do better than that :) Why don't you address the points that I made? That would be a good start.

My god your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you... Log out timer is a mechanic yes?? we realize this yes ?? As a mechanic it is working as intended you log out your body stays behind for 30 seconds , thus there is NO BUG IN THIS CODE , hence it does not belong in bugtracker...

Now do you believe the devs intend you to log out  when you believe you may die from combat to merely log straight into another server where your not being chased or wait a few minutes for the enemy to pass by then log back in ???  That is combat logging........IN a game where they have stated they want to inspire authentic emotions interactions between players  , where they have put a deterent to logging out in a battle you honestly believe they intend you to log out when faced with possible death from combat not for any other reason but to escape death from other players. You would have to be a total fucking moron to believe that was the devs intent hence it is a mechanic being used in a manner NOT INTENDED by the devs making it an EXPLOIT....

Its a minor one for sure it doesnt even rate against hacking or duping but at the end its still an exploit of a working game mechanic and had you been smart enough to know what an exploit was you wouldnt have made an ass of yourself lying about being anything at all to do with software...

My god your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you... Log out timer is a mechanic yes?? we realize this yes ?? As a mechanic it is working as intended you log out your body stays behind for 30 seconds , thus there is NO BUG IN THIS CODE , hence it does not belong in bugtracker...

Now do you believe the devs intend you to log out  when you believe you may die from combat to merely log straight into another server where your not being chased or wait a few minutes for the enemy to pass by then log back in ???  That is combat logging........IN a game where they have stated they want to inspire authentic emotions interactions between players  , where they have put a deterent to logging out in a battle you honestly believe they intend you to log out when faced with possible death from combat not for any other reason but to escape death from other players. You would have to be a total fucking moron to believe that was the devs intent hence it is a mechanic being used in a manner NOT INTENDED by the devs making it an EXPLOIT....

Its a minor one for sure it doesnt even rate against hacking or duping but at the end its still an exploit of a working game mechanic and had you been smart enough to know what an exploit was you wouldnt have made an ass of yourself lying about being anything at all to do with software...

First, let me stress that again: The game is currently in ALPHA, that means that ANYTHING that is as insignificant as this can wait for BETA to be ironed out even if it is considered as unintended behavior (and it currently isn't, see below). If you knew anything about software development you would've known this.

Second - the devs already addressed this issue by implementing the 30 seconds rule. The problem for you is that this is not the fix you want. You want a more severe consequences for people that log out in the heat of battle (understandable) so you somehow ASSUME, that the 30 seconds rule isn't enough and is not the proper way to fix the issue. Just because you are not satisfied with the devs way to fix the issue, doesn't mean that the devs are going to change the behavior. Guess what, it's not you who decides how the software should work. It's the DEVS decision and if they have implemented 30 seconds timer as a way to fix the issue then that is their FIX and the issue is FIXED (in the current state of the game). Do you think that they have implemented this from thin air? No, this is all described in something called an Use Case, where the functionality of the whole software is explained in detail. Hence this is the intended log out mechanics (for now), hence it's not an exploit to LOG OUT even if there are hostile people around (for now). If the devs decide to change this behavior (because of any reason), then they will change the log out mechanic, change the use case and if there's still a way in which people are able to log-out in the old manner (current implementation) that will then be AN EXPLOIT.

• Like 1

Oh they are pretty different bro. Duping is NOT an intended behavior, while combat logging is an intended behavior as the devs implemented it that way.

There are many ways in which the devs can prevent combat loggingl, not only by increasing the timer but apparently they either have too much work right now or don't think that combat logging is such a big deal. To me it isn't. Apparently it is to you though.

There are "many" ways in which the devs can prevent combat logging, eh? Please enlighten us as to which of these ways have not been tried in the mod and failed?

Using your logic since there are many ways they could prevent duping but there are still ways to dupe they either have too much work right now or don't think it's that big a deal.... so it must be okay, right?  <_<

i killed 2/3 at the balota airfield last night when i could have combat logged as they were pinching me in( one from the top 2 from the bottom ) yet i chose to stay and fight.

without a gun i wouldn't really call that combat logging.

There are "many" ways in which the devs can prevent combat logging, eh? Please enlighten us as to which of these ways have not been tried in the mod and failed?

Using your logic since there are many ways they could prevent duping but there are still ways to dupe they either have too much work right now or don't think it's that big a deal.... so it must be okay, right?  <_<

There are many ways, yes. And this is not the mod, this is the standalone and there are many more possible ways in which the issue can be addressed when you have the possibility to modify the engine and aren't strictly in the script realm. Use your imagination.

And what you described as my logic is not my logic at all. See, the difference is that in the case of duping, the devs have tried everything they could to prevent it but they missed something in the workflow and have to return to the code and fix it again until it works as intended (no duping possible). In the case of combat logging, the devs are perfectly aware that their fix will work in exactly the way it does in the game. Do you think they didn't notice that players can log out in the midst of combat? They know and they intend to leave it like this for now, probably until beta phase. So I don't think we can talk about combat logging being an exploit right now. And I'm not talking about right or wrong here, I'm just saying that combat logging isn't an exploit.

• Like 2

There are many ways, yes.

Soooooooooooooooooo many I can't get you to name one that will function without being overtly punitive to people not combat logging... I see, I see. 

Soooooooooooooooooo many I can't get you to name one that will function without being overtly punitive to people not combat logging... I see, I see. 

So what's your point? That they can't fix it in any other way or what? I explained to you why combat logging isn't an exploit. Instead of addressing that you are now demanding that I come up with a fix that will solve combat logging so that you can nitpick that afterwards... that's just cheap.

• Like 1

Yes ,

Log out , need to be at least no 30sec but 1min

and yeah the best way to play is to hide your grear and go to meet them (lets talk) , I did that couple of time.

For me it s more "realistic and RP"   (and if they kill you (with persistance) you can get back your gear :P )

Yes ,

Log out , need to be at least no 30sec but 1min

and yeah the best way to play is to hide your grear and go to meet them (lets talk) , I did that couple of time.

For me it s more "realistic and RP"   (and if they kill you (with persistance) you can get back your gear :P )

sure, for pvp this would be great, but for playability it would be terrible

with the amount of random disconnects i get during playing because of server performance, meeting a zombie and then having a disconnect would be a certain death sentence, let alone logging in to a server again would take even longer to prevent the old "loot your own body" duping exploit

for now, the mechanics are enough, the game isn't finished yet, and until they seriously clean up how the netcode behaves, desync and random disconnects are bad enough as it is for playability

So what's your point? That they can't fix it in any other way or what? I explained to you why combat logging isn't an exploit. Instead of addressing that you are now demanding that I come up with a fix that will solve combat logging so that you can nitpick that afterwards... that's just cheap.

You stated combat logging isn't an exploit and used as evidence that the devs haven't done anything to prevent it. I then pointed out that no one has come up with a good system to prevent combat logging that isn't extremely punitive against those that are NOT combat logging as well, which is why the devs haven't put in a system to prevent it. You then stated there were multiple systems to do it. Thus attempting to refute my claim but continue to refuse to give ONE example as to a system that prevents combat logging but is not also unduly punitive to those not combat logging. 

See you can't use, "They haven't done anything to stop it." as a green light to say it is okay to do without first establishing there actually IS something they could do to stop it other than shake their finger. See, they put the growing log in timer to help stop Ghosting and Server Hopping and that doesn't punish normal logging out for an hour or the day, but they can't go too much longer on the "in world after logging out" because if they do then it becomes too easy for someone who had no idea there was a zombie or player nearby and wasn't combat logging to get killed for "no reason" in their eyes. 

You stated combat logging isn't an exploit and used as evidence that the devs haven't done anything to prevent it. I then pointed out that no one has come up with a good system to prevent combat logging that isn't extremely punitive against those that are NOT combat logging as well, which is why the devs haven't put in a system to prevent it. You then stated there were multiple systems to do it. Thus attempting to refute my claim but continue to refuse to give ONE example as to a system that prevents combat logging but is not also unduly punitive to those not combat logging. 

See you can't use, "They haven't done anything to stop it." as a green light to say it is okay to do without first establishing there actually IS something they could do to stop it other than shake their finger. See, they put the growing log in timer to help stop Ghosting and Server Hopping and that doesn't punish normal logging out for an hour or the day, but they can't go too much longer on the "in world after logging out" because if they do then it becomes too easy for someone who had no idea there was a zombie or player nearby and wasn't combat logging to get killed for "no reason" in their eyes. 

First of all, you assume that there is no better system to deal with combat logging just because you can't come up with one (or you haven't seen anyone come up with one). And second, even if this is the best possible way to deal with combat logging, that doesn't make combat logging an exploit. I'm going to say it one more time, maybe you will think about it a bit more: in case they decide not to rework the current logout mechanic (because the current implementation is the best possible solution), then this will be the intended behavior of the software and you would have to deal with it (a.k.a "not an exploit to log out when hostile players are around, we just implemented the best solution possible").

First of all, you assume that there is no better system to deal with combat logging just because you can't come up with one (or you haven't seen anyone come up with one). And second, even if this is the best possible way to deal with combat logging, that doesn't make combat logging an exploit. I'm going to say it one more time, maybe you will think about it a bit more: in case they decide not to rework the current logout mechanic (because the current implementation is the best possible solution), then this will be the intended behavior of the software and you would have to deal with it (a.k.a "not an exploit to log out when hostile players are around, we just implemented the best solution possible").

Check out this....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215424-twitter-hicks-remember-folks-combat-logging-is-for-pussycakes-thingsyoulearnontwitch/

Then tell me combat logging is an INTENDED function of the game and not something they simply haven't figured out a good system to deal with.... 

You have an inner, underlying feeling that what you did was cheap and you know it buddy. What you did was cowardice. And although within the rules, a cheap move nonetheless. The subject title of your post is your admission to the fact. Go to your room.

Aaaaand a group of 4 guys with automatic weapons killing newspawns drinking from a well isn't cowardly? Personally I see kos as a cowards tactic, they're too scared to communicate for fear of someone doing what they do- Be a dick and kill them.

Ice combat logged ONLY if I ce across a floating/speed running hacker or see a guy with a Mosin and set Hi, them he proceeds to somehow let loose 100 shots like its an M4 and somehow miss me. But other than that I hate loggers.

As a side note if I run away from someone, I hide in a bush in front of a house. They ALWAYS check the house first, allowing me to backtrack lol.

It's more rewarding to kill them yourself lol. I remember In the DayZ Fallujah Mod (God I miss that one) there were 5 Germans griefing an admins base and being all around dicks. So the admin distracted them with an AK at the airfield and died, but that allowed me to get to their Huey they landed and were climbing in as I detonated a satchel screaming MURICA BITCHES. They never came back.

Not gonna lie I kill people, but I shoot at the wall behind them and say RUN LITTLE RABBIT. At least they have a fighting chance as I usually wait until they're combat ready. And it's made me a better player, I have the skills to stalk and counter an ambush in Elecktro now. Hell I've even made friends ingame like that (and out but that's a private matter :p)

jk

Edited by Owen.

Aaaaand a group of 4 guys with automatic weapons killing newspawns drinking from a well isn't cowardly? Personally I see kos as a cowards tactic, they're too scared to communicate for fear of someone doing what they do- Be a dick and kill them.

Ice combat logged ONLY if I ce across a floating/speed running hacker or see a guy with a Mosin and set Hi, them he proceeds to somehow let loose 100 shots like its an M4 and somehow miss me. But other than that I hate loggers.

As a side note if I run away from someone, I hide in a bush in front of a house. They ALWAYS check the house first, allowing me to backtrack lol.

It's more rewarding to kill them yourself lol. I remember In the DayZ Fallujah Mod (God I miss that one) there were 5 Germans griefing an admins base and being all around dicks. So the admin distracted them with an AK at the airfield and died, but that allowed me to get to their Huey they landed and were climbing in as I detonated a satchel screaming MURICA BITCHES. They never came back.

Not gonna lie I kill people, but I shoot at the wall behind them and say RUN LITTLE RABBIT. At least they have a fighting chance as I usually wait until they're combat ready. And it's made me a better player, I have the skills to stalk and counter an ambush in Elecktro now. Hell I've even made friends ingame like that (and out but that's a private matter :P)

jk

cool story owen

Check out this....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215424-twitter-hicks-remember-folks-combat-logging-is-for-pussycakes-thingsyoulearnontwitch/

Then tell me combat logging is an INTENDED function of the game and not something they simply haven't figured out a good system to deal with.... 

Are you seriously telling me that because the devs say that whoever combat logs is a pussy it makes combat logging an exploit? If this proves something, it is that combat logging is seen as a cowardly act (and not as an exploit). And yes, combat logging might be wrong for other reasons but in terms of software behavior there's nothing wrong with it, and let me stress that again - for now because we are in alpha. The devs will probably deal with this later on (because there's a better way to handle it) but for now (and for the hundredth time) this is the intentional behavior of the software.