Sign in to follow this  
darkrider400

Loot Issues

So for the first time in probably 2 months, I go on DayZ. I kept up to date with changelogs and such, so I'm informed. I also have a huge DayZ map pinned on my room wall. So I ended up spawning by the boat north of Berezino. I found a .22 Sporter, a CZ-527 rifle, a Blaze Rifle, 10 shotgun rounds, and tons of assorted civilian clothing. Now I head down to Berezino, and I know that you have to move farther inland to get more stuff, but at this point I was starving (I had only been on for about 10 minutes?). I ended up checking literally EVERY SINGLE BUILDING in Berezino. And guess what. I found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Not one thing. Every building was completely empty.

Anyway, so my rant/problem is the fact that, you get to starving point way too quick. How are we expected to move inland when we can't even make it like a mile up the road without dying of starvation. (I died shortly after leaving Berezino) But I think this issue needs to be adressed because I even managed to meet up with a guy during my last moments and he said he hadnt found anything in two towns (Solnichy(however you spell that), and the western part of Berezino), it was at that point that we both sat down, and shared our last moments together as we died. 

Firstly, it's not a boat. It's a ship.

http://www.marineinsight.com/marine/life-at-sea/7-differences-between-a-ship-and-a-boat/

Secondly, if you are playing Experimental, then they are aware of issues regarding super fast starvation. Server settings will vary from server to server, and rapid starvation is not there by design. I don't think. 

When things are how they are "supposed to  be" in Experimental, then getting inland isn't any particularly difficult proposition. 

there are appletrees and berrybushes, nothing to complain here

Not everyone got time or wants to get caught with our bare asses spamming trees they do need to fix that as well no reason you should have to search a apple tree apple should just spawn like normal loot same with berries maybe i can understand berries a little.

..//..

I found a .22 Sporter, a CZ-527 rifle, a Blaze Rifle, 10 shotgun rounds, and tons of assorted civilian clothing (I had only been on for about 10 minutes)

..//.. 

Not everyone got time or wants to get caught with our bare asses spamming trees they do need to fix that as well

..//..

hmm, are you two guys on the same page ?

- lets fix everything so you can spawn with a full backpack geared up and well fed

- if the apples were normal spawn they'd all be gone too, it's a good thing they grow on trees

new spawn is the most difficult part of the game, for sure

you have my sympathy

xx

• Like 1

Rags, it is the Stable Branch, and i couldnt give two shits about what makes a boat and a ship different, that wasnt the point of the post in the first place. And pilgrim, i never said i wanted to spawn like that, i didnt even mention spawning with gear, i just said they need to take a look at the starvation system and the loot distribution system

Edited by Darkrider400

Not everyone got time or wants to get caught with our bare asses spamming trees they do need to fix that as well no reason you should have to search a apple tree apple should just spawn like normal loot same with berries maybe i can understand berries a little.

What your saying is not everyone has time to play the game?

Rags, it is the Stable Branch, and i couldnt give two shits about what makes a boat and a ship different, that wasnt the point of the post in the first place. And pilgrim, i never said i wanted to spawn like that, i didnt even mention spawning with gear, i just said they need to take a look at the starvation system and the loot distribution system

Better ring Hicks and tell him the CLE ain't finished yet... It's really shocking seeing as the game is over a year away from release

I go on DayZ. I kept up to date with changelogs and such, so I'm informed.

It is known that the loot spawn mechanics are being worked on relentlessly and that problems may well be encountered.