Sign in to follow this  
Luftpancake

A possible best protective character loadout?

Shirt: Olive Tactical Shirt, Because it is water proof, hard to see in green areas, and will keep your character warm.                                                                                             Pants: I usually go for the green cargo pants or ttsko pants for storage and camo reasons.                                                                                                                                    Mask: Green or black balaclava, the gas mask works too.                                                                                                                                                                                        Helmet: Gorka helmet with visor or a green ballastic helmet is preferable, since both seem to be able to absorb a lot of shock damage.                                                              Vest: The plate carrier,Ballastic Vest, or dark blue press vest is preferable, (A small tip, put a protective case in your press vest so you have even more protection from a      critical hit.)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Shoes: Black military boots,combat boots,jungle boots are best for protection.                                                                                                                                                        Gloves: Any will do.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Backpack: Hunting backpack, any other military grade backpacks are great. Feel free to add to my list!                                                                                                                 

Snap, sorry guys, the text got messed up in the editor.

its totaly equal what you wear, the most important thing is to see other people at first, nothing more is needet to survive :rolleyes:

Wait...did they Change the tac.shirt ? last time i checked it wasent waterproof at all...

Iam a friend of the regular Holster / improvised courier bag Combo. You have a smaller Profile wich one could argue adds to "protection" of either when getting fired upon OR beign sniffed out in the first place.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Tac shirts aren't waterproof. Unless something's changed, the plate carrier itself offers little if any ballistic protection.

I prefer Gorka gear (jackets def are waterproof - not that it ever actually rains in game at the moment), and hi-cap vests.

gorka is pretty sweet. i go ttsko/m65 since i can get them wet for travelling

Edited by halp

A good tip is to put any valuables in your backpack, because damage tends to come from the front and affect items in your trousers or shirt.

Never put morphine or splints in trousers.

• Like 2

Wait...did they Change the tac.shirt ? last time i checked it wasent waterproof at all...

Iam a friend of the regular Holster / improvised courier bag Combo. You have a smaller Profile wich one could argue adds to "protection" of either when getting fired upon OR beign sniffed out in the first place.

It's not waterproof , It says it is in the description but you will be soaked if you wear it in the rain. And that Gorka Helmet and shield makes someone stand out so bad and looks like a friggin Bobble Head Doll. You are right the less profile and the quieter you are i think is the best protection imo.

• Like 1

Yeah i hate that helmet with a Passion....I mostly carry a normal one around in my Pants since i belive it helps me when getting shot in my legs. I know there is no scientific proof of this but iam very happy in my ignorance. PLUS it is awesome i can fit a helmet in my Jeans !!!

• Like 3

Best protection is a well hidden tent with all your best gear in it. I run around with almost nothing but a rifle with 20 rounds and 2 cans of food and 1 canteen and 6 bandages. I look for gear and if I am shot, I just eat apples and run to my tent to get my 1 backup rifle. If someone finds my tent, I cry and look for another tent.

• Like 1

PLUS it is awesome i can fit a helmet in my Jeans !!!

Uh, I have a helmet in my jeans all the time anyway.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Yeah i hate that helmet with a Passion....I mostly carry a normal one around in my Pants since i belive it helps me when getting shot in my legs. I know there is no scientific proof of this but iam very happy in my ignorance. PLUS it is awesome i can fit a helmet in my Jeans !!!

now that's a schwanzenschutz!

• Like 1

A good tip is to put any valuables in your backpack, because damage tends to come from the front and affect items in your trousers or shirt.

Never put morphine or splints in trousers.

I always put my most valuable items in the jacket. If I'm going to die, you're getting cans of beans from my backpack not an ACOG. It's very rare with full auto weapons that you live through getting shot in the chest. 

Edited by ryanincalgary

i go with the smersh in terms of low profile to carry space, its the best. btw i play on your server lol