boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

so, guys do you think that those Improvment hicks talked about in status report are in ? because i can't find any FPS or Desync related improvment at all. actually it got worse from last experimental build with no zombies on it (that was so smooth, i never had delay with opening doors, switching from hotbar etc) but now i have like 2-3 sec delay time to time :|

edit: somehow managed to land a kill ,had up to 9 ec delay on vaulting... i just can't play... 

Edited by VahidkinG

so, guys do you think that those Improvment hicks talked about in status report are in ? because i can't find any FPS or Desync related improvment at all. actually it got worse from last experimental build with no zombies on it (that was so smooth, i never had delay with opening doors, switching from hotbar etc) but now i have like 2-3 sec delay time to time :|

edit: somehow managed to land a kill ,had up to 9 ec delay on vaulting... i just can't play... 

What did you kill?

I'm not having any such issues with lag or delay.

I cant launch experimental at all. Battleeye is updating over and over again. I have reinstalled DayZ, restarted my PC twice and restarted steam several times. I have tried running BE from the exe too and that didnt do anything. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix it? I really wanna play experimental. 

Thanks. 

The desync is the worst now it was smooth when they patched (removed zeds) first time but now no matter if there is IA or not it's bad , and about the performance I can't see the X4 they talked about in stats report no where near it maybe %20-25 increase only when there are no AI, my PC spec's below. 

I haven't played today but the little I played with the kids last night had my old desktop running like a dog freezing and desyncing like crazy compared to my wife's newish box store laptop. The laptop is plugged into the living room 46" tv and I can look over my left shoulder and see where I appear in relation to where I really am and it was crazy bad. We were running across Svetlo and I'd freeze and then jump forward 50-100 feet on the other screen yet on stable we can usually convoy 2 trucks at 50kmh and a 20 foot gap without problems most days.  

The wording of the Status Report isn't 100% clear, but, after reading your comment, I looked over it again. It seems to me that he may be referring to their own internal builds and perhaps not the experimental build. 

If they are referring to the experimental branch right now, then I'm not really sure what Hicks is talking about. My weapon routinely takes anywhere from 3-15 seconds to actually go into my hands, doors randomly refuse to open, and my buddy has been teleporting, spinning in place while moving, and performing some strange animation that looks like he is rowing a boat. None of that was a joke.

• Like 1

The wording of the Status Report isn't 100% clear, but, after reading your comment, I looked over it again. It seems to me that he may be referring to their own internal builds and perhaps not the experimental build. 

If they are referring to the experimental branch right now, then I'm not really sure what Hicks is talking about. My weapon routinely takes anywhere from 3-15 seconds to actually go into my hands, doors randomly refuse to open, and my buddy has been teleporting, spinning in place while moving, and performing some strange animation that looks like he is rowing a boat. None of that was a joke.

Sounds like your buddy has a rowing problem. I hear they have counseling for that type of behavior...

• Like 1

So played for roughly a hour.

Play was rather smooth and nice, got some good gear and this is what i looked like by the end of the trip:

K9aILdl.jpg

mountain backpack, high cap vest, trumpet w/ ammo and a splitting axe.

got all of this in cherno and chapevsk area.

going hunting soon to get something to eat since all i found food wise was a can of bacon and i picked apples for about 15 minutes,

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Gave it a spin this evening for about 3 hours. Performance was, to be expected without zombies, absolutely great. I spawned outside Berezino and carefully routed myself north -> west -> south and ended near Gorka where built a fire in what I will now refer to as the "Grand Campfire Circle." I didn't discover this, but someone recently posted about it on Reddit and I decided to check it out. By the time I reached that point, I was loaded to the gills with food and essential tools, had a loaded Winchester with an extra box of ammo, a Trumpet with a box of ammo, a 1911 with a clip, protector case, cargo pants, M65 jacket, press vest, and I could go on and on. I was quite surprised at what I was able to scrounge up half a day after the patch went out. All without visiting a major city or military facility.

Twice I saw people run right past me on a road (I run nearby in the woods) and let them go. Both times they were about to loot a town I had just cleared so the joke is on them  :lol:

My character after 3 hours:

wPcZUDv.jpg

The "Grand Campfire Circle":

tKfbh8T.jpg

Y7zViLh.jpg

YwUw8k9.jpg

And, since I was curious and I know others were too, this is what a city map looks like when open:

XKTepir.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

Spawned in Cherno. No loot, no zombies. Only thing I found was a person running about in their underwear playing Def Leppard over VOIP. Headbanged with said person for a bit then did the suicide animation asking them to punch me out. Re-spawned literally 50m from where I died on the coast. Picked apples for 10 minutes. Found a hat in a nearby house I couldn't loot. Spent 5 minutes being teleported back outside the house trying to re-enter to loot the hat unsuccessfully. Hit exit to close the game. Let out a long sigh of defeat. Made a sandwich. Now I'm here.

• Like 2

Gave it a spin this evening for about 3 hours. Performance was, to be expected without zombies, absolutely great. I spawned outside Berezino and carefully routed myself north -> west -> south and ended near Gorka where built a fire in what I will now refer to as the "Grand Campfire Circle." I didn't discover this, but someone recently posted about it on Reddit and I decided to check it out. By the time I reached that point, I was loaded to the gills with food and essential tools, had a loaded Winchester with an extra box of ammo, a Trumpet with a box of ammo, a 1911 with a clip, protector case, cargo pants, M65 jacket, press vest, and I could go on and on. I was quite surprised at what I was able to scrounge up half a day after the patch went out. All without visiting a major city or military facility.

Twice I saw people run right past me on a road (I run nearby in the woods) and let them go. Both times they were about to loot a town I had just cleared so the joke is on them  :lol:

My character after 3 hours:

wPcZUDv.jpg

The "Grand Campfire Circle":

tKfbh8T.jpg

Y7zViLh.jpg

YwUw8k9.jpg

And, since I was curious and I know others were too, this is what a city map looks like when open:

XKTepir.jpg

Good score!

It's always best to stay off of the roads; that's why I prize the compass over most any other gear. It helps me to find my destination in the most efficient way possible and it keeps me safe.

Were the servers any more stable than this morning? If so, I may suit up for an hour, or two before bed time.

• Like 2

Were the servers any more stable than this morning? If so, I may suit up for an hour, or two before bed time.

Unfortunately, no. I played on a couple of different servers and they all restarted at some point out-of-schedule. Sometimes in as little as 20 minutes, and once after ~50 minutes. Performance still seems to be pretty good, but they restart anyway.

Edited by Tatanko

Unfortunately, no. I played on a couple of different servers and they all restarted at some point out-of-schedule. Sometimes in as little as 20 minutes, and once after ~50 minutes. Performance still seems to be pretty good, but they restart anyway.

That's a lot better than the 2-3 minute up-time I saw this morning. I'll try my luck ... thanks!

Well, I switched back to stable. Then remembered the ridiculous loot there, and came back to experimental.

Then proceeded to lose my AKM, Fire ax, Blaze with boxes of ammo, Kitchen knife, newly found rice, before I got to eat it, and more! Seems in hand gets stuck on server crash or restart. Throwing item didn't always work, lost the blaze that way.

But, I finally got energized, thanks to a goat and a chicken, which I cooked on a stick! And you cant do that in stable, worth the pain.

Junior and I did 2-3 hours and had way better performance t'nite considering our connection in general. We'er still on AUS 0-2 because once your ping is at 600+ it doesn't matter where the server is. Those guard house buildings with the porch are something, no smersh combos but we both had hicaps withing minutes of spawning. Carried on with our recent good interactions meeting an Ausie passing through neaf and just exchanged small talk before going our separate ways. Was a good exercise in self control for junior as we had complete control of the situation and acted civil even though there's no infected to put out of their misery with our bullets.  We've got guns and decent clothing now and logged just outside where the animals should be spawning so hopefully we can find junior something to shoot tomorrow if there isn't another wipe.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

I cant launch experimental at all. Battleeye is updating over and over again.

I've merged this here as it's a Exp problem which I believe a couple of people have had with this last build.

I always verify the game cache once an update is installed.

God damned, servers going down constantly.

Spawned next to Khelm, started looting (plenty of food and drinks btw.) server down after ~5 minutes.

Wait, log back in. Server down after ~1 minute.

Wait, log back in. Server down after 30 seconds.

Wait, log back in. Around 3 minutes of looting, server dies.

Wait, log back in. Play 10 minutes, server dies.

No, thanks.

God damned, servers going down constantly.

Spawned next to Khelm, started looting (plenty of food and drinks btw.) server down after ~5 minutes.

Wait, log back in. Server down after ~1 minute.

Wait, log back in. Server down after 30 seconds.

Wait, log back in. Around 3 minutes of looting, server dies.

Wait, log back in. Play 10 minutes, server dies.

No, thanks.

I had that same problem earlier.

I just took a quick break after almost two hours, uninterrupted. It's been perfectly stable and I haven't seen the massive desynch, that 0.56 has become famous for. You may wish to try a different server.

Yep, it was in the status notes.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F225029-status-report-14-may-15%2F

They have identified that a lot of the server performance issues are stemming from the infected AI.

I understand they have pulled them out in EXP and .56. This is allowing them time to test and try and identify what is causing the issue specifically.

Does the loot respawn now ? , cause I don't see it ,when I stay in one area (empty city) for a long time and no one is looting, the empty city stays empty , nothing valuable respawn it's only the what's left over : clothes and other useless stuff , should we loot all city including the useless stuff to force respawn everything ? and let's say if there is 1 SVD per the whole map and someone took that SVD , does it respawn ? and when ? if not then why ? should we report this in the feedback ?

Edited by Raptor_i81

Had an awesome 2 hour session this morning.. Few server disconnects but other than that, fine.. Logged in up in the NE unnamed village, looted that, headed down to Dobroe where I found a Repeater and some bits and pieces.. Found some rope so decided to ditch the Repeater for an ashwood bow and some custom arrows.. As I was looting Karmanovka (full of stuff by the way, including a nice hunting jacket!) a random Italian dude came wandering over saying hello.. I was wary as he was armed but we got chatting, I gave him some beans and he proceeded to make a garden patch and grow pumpkins for us! After 20 minutes of discussion and growing we went our separate ways with a backpack full of pumpkin slices and full bellies! Bloody awesome, I truly love this game at times for the randomness, and after being KOS'd twice last night it has restored a bit of my faith in people!

Off and onwards, skirting Novo and off to Nagornoe now I think! If you see a dude in a green hunting jacket and black dry bag, say hello :)

• Like 2

45min in empty city (zelenogorsk) and nothing is spawning , does the auto respawn enabled in experimental ?