Mesmaroth

Battle Royale?

Why are the devs going to waste valuable money and even-more-valuable time to implement a style of gameplay they don't, and will not, support?

You don't speak for the devs so this isn't valid. No matter how much you like to value their time for what ever it is you'd wish for them to like or dislike.

And as others have pointed out, there is a plethora of other games that have this plus modders are most likely going to do this but it won't happen during the alpha process

Thank you, maybe someday it will be. As you said, not anytime soon though.

Edited by Mesmaroth

I'm not saying replacing DayZ's survival with Battle Royale. I'm saying adding the game type within the game so others can choose to play that instead. Not removing any survival at all.

And if you wanna get technical with the word "Survival"

Survival: The state or fact of continuing to live or exist

Look you are wasting your time.

Whyhero, (seems like a nice bloke however),  Carrawhatshisface, etc cannot and never will see your point of view or anyone's that doesn't narrowly stick to pure survival sim.  This is because Hicks made a slightly tired and emotional defensive tweet or post after .55 saw a huge drop in casual players due to loot changes/GTA It basically said stuff everyone, including the backers, we are going to make the game, (very hard survival sim zombies/pvp being peripheral),  we all intended we don't care even if only 10 people play it when it's finished. I'm sure in hindsight he wouldn't have made it as it came across as somewhat hysterical.

So because of Hick's statement  the half a dozen posters on here, who support his stance as gospel have now formed a mafia and feel they have Carte Blanche to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with their view of the world.

You see new posters, or fairly new posters, come on here and just get shot down. Really sad as you ain't going to grow the game population this way. I love the mix the game currently has, (loot needs to be made harder to get obviously, Z's need fixing, it's an alpha, etc), and I sincerely hope that this mix stays roughly the same.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 1

Look at Bohemias other titles, they do hardcore sim and thats it. The rest of the stuff comes from modders.

And BTW DayZ Mod Battle royal already exists. Go play it, its fun.

Yeah but that's not a strong argument.

Blizzard HQ;

Bliz Dev A: "I know lets make a Magic the Gathering-style card game?"

Bliz Dev B. "Nah that's not what we do..."

Go play Arma if you want a battle royale. DayZ is a survival game not a tdm

I hope devs make Battle royale mod as soon as it is posible. It will drag away all squeeking kids, KOSers, hackers and general assholes from survival game we want to play.

• Like 1

I hope devs make Battle royale mod as soon as it is posible. It will drag away all squeeking kids, KOSers, hackers and general assholes from survival game we want to play.

They'll leave anyway, assuming the devs don't cave and dumb the game down to appease the whiny masses who can't handle an actual survival game.

Battle Royale is actually a survival game mode too.

That is a bit broad of a definition of "survival game" mode then. In fact Mechwarrior Online which is more or less a battle arena 12 v 12 game for all intents and purposes now falls into your "survival game" category. 

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Battle Royale but lets not pretend it is anything other than PVP - Kill Everyone Else. Sometimes I am in a mood for that... and that is when I play BR or Wasteland... not DayZ SA. ;)

• Like 1

Look you are wasting your time.

Whyhero, (seems like a nice bloke however),  Carrawhatshisface, etc cannot and never will see your point of view or anyone's that doesn't narrowly stick to pure survival sim.  This is because Hicks made a slightly tired and emotional defensive tweet or post after .55 saw a huge drop in casual players due to loot changes/GTA It basically said stuff everyone, including the backers, we are going to make the game, (very hard survival sim zombies/pvp being peripheral),  we all intended we don't care even if only 10 people play it when it's finished. I'm sure in hindsight he wouldn't have made it as it came across as somewhat hysterical.

So because of Hick's statement  the half a dozen posters on here, who support his stance as gospel have now formed a mafia and feel they have Carte Blanche to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with their view of the world.

You see new posters, or fairly new posters, come on here and just get shot down. Really sad as you ain't going to grow the game population this way. I love the mix the game currently has, (loot needs to be made harder to get obviously, Z's need fixing, it's an alpha, etc), and I sincerely hope that this mix stays roughly the same.

1) He didn't make just one Tweet/post, he made several, all with the same message.

2) We don't shoot them down for no reason. We shoot them down because either 1- they have the same idea that 100+ posters had before them and didn't use the search function, or 2- have an idea that is completely and 100% wrong, according to the Devs ( like "the infected" being Romero-type zombies, or the players catching "the virus" and changing into zombies, and get all butthurt when they get told they are wrong. Also, they tend not to use the search function.

Hell, whenever you make a new topic, similar threads are brought up as soon as you put in the title. No excuse.

Finally (and this is true for every Internet forum), the newbies need to lurk more. Sit around, read the longer threads, get a general idea about what the consensus is on the forum, then come in and post drivel. I lurked around here for months before making my account. 

3) Yet again, you seemingly have the idea that "survivalists/Bear Grylls", as someone cleverly called us, do not want PvP in Day Z. Yet again, you are incorrect. We want PvP, we just want PvP for a reason. Fighting over resources, fighting to control territory, not camping a house in Berezino as you starve to death, all for some "sick action". Also, we want there to be developed and immersive environmental effects and related survival mechanics, so PvP of that nature becomes, in essence, the "end game". Right now, survival is so easy (even with diminished food and forced apple-picking), that within 30 minutes of spawning in, you can be ready to rumble in Berezino.

Not cool.

• Like 1

1) He didn't make just one Tweet/post, he made several, all with the same message.

2) We don't shoot them down for no reason. We shoot them down because either 1- they have the same idea that 100+ posters had before them and didn't use the search function, or 2- have an idea that is completely and 100% wrong, according to the Devs ( like "the infected" being Romero-type zombies, or the players catching "the virus" and changing into zombies, and get all butthurt when they get told they are wrong. Also, they tend not to use the search function.

Hell, whenever you make a new topic, similar threads are brought up as soon as you put in the title. No excuse.

Finally (and this is true for every Internet forum), the newbies need to lurk more. Sit around, read the longer threads, get a general idea about what the consensus is on the forum, then come in and post drivel. I lurked around here for months before making my account. 

3) Yet again, you seemingly have the idea that "survivalists/Bear Grylls", as someone cleverly called us, do not want PvP in Day Z. Yet again, you are incorrect. We want PvP, we just want PvP for a reason. Fighting over resources, fighting to control territory, not camping a house in Berezino as you starve to death, all for some "sick action". Also, we want there to be developed and immersive environmental effects and related survival mechanics, so PvP of that nature becomes, in essence, the "end game". Right now, survival is so easy (even with diminished food and forced apple-picking), that within 30 minutes of spawning in, you can be ready to rumble in Berezino.

Not cool.

You have disparaged me in the past because I love the PvP in this game.  You didn't take the time to do anything other than jump on your high horse and tell me to go play a different game.  If anyone needs to lurk more I think its you.

• Like 2

Lol, it's cute how some of you are having hissy fits over not having a game mode that wasn't planned to begin with.  

Sorry I'm just going on your behaviour of jumping up and down on the OP for daring to ask people's opinions about Battle Royale. Your predictability means I only take scant notice of what you write.

Then why don't you be the bigger man and drop it? Instead you come in waving your "I'm butthurt" flag and calling them meanies.

Take some of your own advice and tell yourself your own words.. "this is the internet, get used to it."

I've seen many YouTube videos where players put together a battle royale game. It doesn't require a mod. You just have to call together enough players to make it worthwhile.

Why not go to the Recruitment forum and ask if anyone wants to join in a battle royale game and see what happens?

• Like 1

Meanie meanie meanie!!

To the OP, like everyone said, it'll probably be best to wait for mods and such. Mod makers will most likely do a better job of it. That's not a slight against the devs in any way.

• Like 1

If the newcomers idea of the game is, "I should spawn with a gun in perfect health like all the other PVP games." did WE really put them off, or instead let them know this isn't that game and let the game put them off?

Shhhh, you're not allowed to make sense

Yeah but that's not a strong argument.

Blizzard HQ;

Bliz Dev A: "I know lets make a Magic the Gathering-style card game?"

Bliz Dev B. "Nah that's not what we do..."

Maybe not a strong argument to support what they do, but its historically accurate. I can't see them deviating from what they are good at when they have such a hard time completing games on the scale they desire. Shit Arma 2 just became what i would define as a GM title last year.

I've got complaints about this thread so I'm closing it temporarily  until I can have a read of it and decide who needs to banned/ass kicked etc.

Edit:  I don't  post a lot and I don't intervene often.  However, after the complaints about this thread, I'm pissed off at having had to read this pile of whining, argumentative junk.  So if you cannot have a discussion without turning it into some kind of fight, stop posting. 

Do not make me have to deal with more reports about this childish nonsense.  Pretend to be mature, civil adults or I'll give the lot of you a nice long posting vacation.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 3

Player Unknown has said he plans to make a Battle Royal mod for DayZ when modding becomes available. I'm too lazy to look up the actual post,so deal with it, or tweet PU himself.

• Like 1