Sign in to follow this  
The Riddler (DayZ)

The DayZ world is like a Ride......

So I got stuck in a rock back in the .54 update down near Kami. I tried rolling, I tried crouching, I tried running.......I tried ok? Nothing would allow me to exit the rock.....

......then it dawned on me that DayZ is just like a Ride. It goes up and down, round and round, it has thrills and chills and its fun.....for a while......so it inspired me to make this quick little video. Enjoy and let this be a reminder to all of you...... DON'T GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR ;)

Or "Unhooked Your internet cable while in game." Then go back into game and you are out of the rock..

Your welcome.

someone is a fan of bill hicks eh.

• Like 1

Oooor - you could have spent 42 seconds to make a ticket and have your character-position reset:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/190827-dayz-support-stuck-characters-etc/

But then we wouldn't have been privy to a wonderful 40-second clip of one of the most amazing comedians who ever lived telling it like it is.

someone is a fan of bill hicks eh.

<---- This guy. :D

• Like 2

Oooor - you could have spent 42 seconds to make a ticket and have your character-position reset:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/190827-dayz-support-stuck-characters-etc/

Nah man. Not worth the wait IMHO. Its just a game in alpha so its part of the territory of playing an unfinished game. Plus it was a great way to tie a Bill Hicks quote to the game :P

Or "Unhooked Your internet cable while in game." Then go back into game and you are out of the rock..

Your welcome.

Thanks for the tip. I got my undergrad in English so I can't help but correct your English. It is "You're" ;) :p 

Thanks for the tip. I got my undergrad in English so I can't help but correct your English. It is "You're" ;) :P

Since we're all busting balls, in the most friendly way possible of course, let us take your recommendation, but substitute the actual meaning of the contraction, you're.

Or "Unhooked you are internet cable while in game."

No, that doesn't sound quite right to me, so I have marked it in red. I think that we somehow need to indicate to whom the Internet cable belongs. As a matter of fact, on reflection, I think serelaw got it right on his first attempt. I sincerely hope that your English professors do not frequent this forum.

Please forgive me, but when you started strutting around with your undergrad degree on your shoulder, I just could not help myself.

Still friends?  :)

• Like 1

Your welcome.

Since we're all busting balls, in the most friendly way possible of course, let us take your recommendation, but substitute the actual meaning of the contraction, you're.

Or "Unhooked you are internet cable while in game."

No, that doesn't sound quite right to me, so I have marked it in red. I think that we somehow need to indicate to whom the Internet cable belongs. As a matter of fact, on reflection, I think serelaw got it right on his first attempt. I sincerely hope that your English professors do not frequent this forum.

Please forgive me, but when you started strutting around with your undergrad degree on your shoulder, I just could not help myself.

Still friends?  :)

Of course we're friends! You are from the wonderful Republic of Texas as am I :) Please see above in RED from the original quote. I wasn't referring to the sentence that you have correctly identified as using the correct form of "your". I was referring to the next sentence of "Your Welcome" which is incorrect. Taking your advice and substituting the real meaning of you're in that second sentence, you get the following: 

You Are Welcome.

Please don't take my comment of having an undergrad degree in English as an insult. It simply prerequisites why I would correct somebody's use of the word in question. 

Thanks for checking out my little video  :beans:

Honestly, aslong as ill have something to kill myself with i wont be sending a ticket. I did send it before i could kill myself. Playtime >>>> Gear :P

So I got stuck in a rock back in the .54 update down near Kami. I tried rolling, I tried crouching, I tried running.......I tried ok? Nothing would allow me to exit the rock.....

Well i've heard about the method some people are using, but, be advised, im not sure if this can result in BE ban.

I guess you get kicked after X seconds the BE realises you're missing a file like u can see players nowdays...so... maybe u only get a kick if u dont act fast enough.

Delete rock.pbo (i dont know the real name of rocks file, this is an example), uppon reconecting the rock wont be there, move 2m and disconect immidiately. copy the file back, reconect.

P.S. I would be glad if some1 with better knowledge of the game could confirm this.

Edited by halp

While I appreciate the advise and warning, I'd prefer not to remove files just to get out of a rock. It was just easier to commit suicide and try again. Having the option to submit a ticket and have your character moved would be the preferred method over deleting/removing :) In the end, I really don't care about my gear :P 

Of course we're friends! You are from the wonderful Republic of Texas as am I :) Please see above in RED from the original quote. I wasn't referring to the sentence that you have correctly identified as using the correct form of "your". I was referring to the next sentence of "Your Welcome" which is incorrect. Taking your advice and substituting the real meaning of you're in that second sentence, you get the following: 

You Are Welcome.

Please don't take my comment of having an undergrad degree in English as an insult. It simply prerequisites why I would correct somebody's use of the word in question. 

Thanks for checking out my little video  :beans:

A fellow Texican, who'd have thunk it! I knew there was a reason why I liked you!!!

• Like 1

While I appreciate the advise and warning, I'd prefer not to remove files just to get out of a rock.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I am still curious if this is a safe way to do it on your own tho.

Edited by halp