dayzzsyd

Electro without Zombies

The zeds in electro are pretty crazy on full pops especially when shots start getting fired.

How do people feel about making Electro a Zombie free area so it can be purely used as the main PVP area.

I imagine this would increase frames and help optimization out a bit too?

I love the tough zombies but do find them slightly OP in electro especially whilst dodging ak's, m4's and aug bullets.

Thoughts?

Hahaha! I can only laugh now because it's in the past, but I did have to shoot someone a couple weeks ago who decided to run at me and the amount of zeds that overwhelmed me reeallllyyyy sucked.

Ended up with a damaged weapon, ruined pants, then a broken leg, bleeding like a *****

All of that because I fired 3 bullets (yes i missed one :-p)

But in hindsight, still a good thing to have as who really wants a pvp assigned area...

The zeds in electro are pretty crazy on full pops especially when shots start getting fired.

How do people feel about making Electro a Zombie free area so it can be purely used as the main PVP area.

I love the tough zombies but do find them slightly OP in electro especially whilst dodging ak's, m4's and aug bullets.

Thoughts?

Guyz it's a SURVIVAL game not a PVP game .. so a survival without zombies is not a survival anymore ..

So if you play pvp,  asume it and play with zombies to :)

BTW : i'm not against the pvp ! no rage .. i'm just saying dont change the game mecanic ! have a nice day guyz cya around

• Like 4

Guyz it's a SURVIVAL game not a PVP game .. so a survival without zombies is not a survival anymore ..

BTW : i'm not against the pvp ! no rage .. i'm just saying dont change the game mecanic ! have a nice day guyz cya around

i see it the same way, also im playing more pvp. but withhout zombies, something would be missing

Fully agree! I meant that having zeds was a good thing to have! My 200+hrs has involved killing a whopping 2 people! lol

• Like 1

Yeahh...no. DayZ is not a PvP game and the devs don't want it to be, and never did. While combat will remain, it is not intended to be the main focus of the game. Maybe once modding comes this will be on some private servers, but for now I'd say it doesn't have a place in DayZ. Try ArmA if you just want to shoot people.

Edited by OnionOfShame
  • Like 2

Yeahh...no. DayZ is not a PvP game and the devs don't want it to be, and never did. While combat will remain, it is not intended to be the main focus of the game. Maybe once modding comes this will be on some private servers, but for now I'd say it doesn't have a place in DayZ. Try ArmA if you just want to shoot people.

AGREE 100%

DayZ is a game with an open sandbox, people, and ways to kill other people.  The survival aspect is merely there to enhance your experience.  There's no doubt at all that the most dangerous element to this game is other people.  Survival and pve will quickly become easy, once you know what to do.

Oh yea.  Please leave in wandering infected.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

While I absolutelly disagree with the proposal, I still gotta ask for sources of statements like "DayZ is not a PvP game and the devs don't want it to be, and never did."

And please don't quote steam with "gritty survival horror" or whatever they wrote there. Look at the official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss1dckHhfI

There you have (without scenery):

- a dude running around with a gun (twice)

- a chainsaw guy with a mask ... I really don't know why we need that, but oh well...

- shooting zeds with an m4

- shooting a zed or a dude with a mosin

- going against a zed with an axe

- execution of several ppl lying on the ground

- execution of a kneeling woman

- again shooting a zed with a mosin

- melee agains another player

- m4 action against zeds

- BANDAGING - the first survival thing here iirc

- stalking though a hallway

- drinking water

- suicide

All in one minute ... maybe I oversaw something.

Also look at the slideshow on http://dayz.com/game - discount the pictures with only scenery and then count the automatic weapons and mosins in those "DayZ Features" images. And keep in mind those "friendly" scenes with the prisoners there ... .

Either way, that discussion comes up again and again, and I never get any real information about what the devs want besides that they do not want to force a certain playstyle. I am really looking for a source about hard facts here. If they actually said something like that on reddit or some forum and do not want pvp to be a central aspect of the game, then they are using false advertisement imo.

If such sources exit, can someone PLEASE link them? Again, not looking for something like "Electro squad pvp will be harder to get" or "it will be hard to survive", but really someone saying "DayZ is not a pvp game" or something like that.

If such sources exit, can someone PLEASE link them? Again, not looking for something like "Electro squad pvp will be harder to get" or "it will be hard to survive", but really someone saying "DayZ is not a pvp game" or something like that.

-ahem-

Tweet from one of the Day Z devs. I feel that it is applicable to this thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/583714726850486273

• Like 3

-ahem-

Tweet from one of the Day Z devs. I feel that it is applicable to this thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/583714726850486273

Yea but Eugen Harton has consistently taken the stance of not being on the design team.  It's cute that he says "it's not a pvp game, but a survival game".  But really, it's a pvp game.  There is no single player content, in the history of mmo gaming, that is actually challenging.  

This is DayZ

This is my story.

In my story, you don't make it.

sorry about that.

Might be one of the worst Ideas I have seen thus far.

Might be one of the worst Ideas I have seen thus far.

Ahh, you know, one of the first mods will just remove zeds completely, there's no harm in ppl playing that way, if they want to.

While I absolutelly disagree with the proposal, I still gotta ask for sources of statements like "DayZ is not a PvP game and the devs don't want it to be, and never did."

And please don't quote steam with "gritty survival horror" or whatever they wrote there. Look at the official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss1dckHhfI

There you have (without scenery):

- a dude running around with a gun (twice)

- a chainsaw guy with a mask ... I really don't know why we need that, but oh well...

- shooting zeds with an m4

- shooting a zed or a dude with a mosin

- going against a zed with an axe

- execution of several ppl lying on the ground

- execution of a kneeling woman

- again shooting a zed with a mosin

- melee agains another player

- m4 action against zeds

- BANDAGING - the first survival thing here iirc

- stalking though a hallway

- drinking water

- suicide

All in one minute ... maybe I oversaw something.

Also look at the slideshow on http://dayz.com/game - discount the pictures with only scenery and then count the automatic weapons and mosins in those "DayZ Features" images. And keep in mind those "friendly" scenes with the prisoners there ... .

Either way, that discussion comes up again and again, and I never get any real information about what the devs want besides that they do not want to force a certain playstyle. I am really looking for a source about hard facts here. If they actually said something like that on reddit or some forum and do not want pvp to be a central aspect of the game, then they are using false advertisement imo.

Right here on the official forums.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/page-9#entry2244637

"It will never again become elektro deathmatch, prison island deathmatch, and gangs of guys in military gear looking for a fight.

EDIT : Since there is lot of traction on the post, let me explain it a bit, especialy for those that havent read replies below. It will still be possible, but a LOT harder and will have huge consequences, since the gear will be really rare and hard to get and you will not be in a cycle of gearing up and engaging in group pvp couples times in a playsession. And most of all it will not be the primary type of playstyle. The statement is about the playstyle that has been predominant and will not be."

So basically, the devs do want it to be possible (as to not ruin the sandbox feel), but it is not what they envision for the future of DayZ.

Of course they're going to show combat situations in a trailer. The point of a trailer is to get people excited/hyped for a game. No one would be remotely excited by a slow-paced montage of walking and chopping down trees, not even the most fervent survival simulator-nut.

There is no single player content, in the history of mmo gaming, that is actually challenging.  

There has been no real challenging single-player content in an MMO YET (even that's a bit debatable...). But that doesn't mean that the single-player aspect of an MMO cannot be challenging. The limits of a video game are really the limits of the developers' imagination/skill primarily. If the devs know what they want and know how to do it, they can definitely create any sort of game they want.

This is DayZ

This is my story.

In my story, you don't make it.

sorry about that.

No one is saying PvP cannot be in the game. I'm saying that the game is not and should not be designed specifically for PvP. I personally agree that the open PvP system should be in the game (the game would lose the adrenaline rush and excitement without it), but as it would be in a real-life situation resembling what the developers are attempting to portray, it should not be the most viable or the only way to live/survive.

Edited by OnionOfShame
  • Like 1

Electro seems it will be the PVP hub in Dayz until they really increase server population so interactions around other parts of the map are more common.

I enjoy the survival aspects of this game and usually rotate one day looting / surviving and another in one of the PVP hotspots. 

Anyway I hear the zombies in .56 are going to be even crazier :P

Right here on the official forums.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/page-9#entry2244637

"It will never again become elektro deathmatch, prison island deathmatch, and gangs of guys in military gear looking for a fight.

EDIT : Since there is lot of traction on the post, let me explain it a bit, especialy for those that havent read replies below. It will still be possible, but a LOT harder and will have huge consequences, since the gear will be really rare and hard to get and you will not be in a cycle of gearing up and engaging in group pvp couples times in a playsession. And most of all it will not be the primary type of playstyle. The statement is about the playstyle that has been predominant and will not be."

So basically, the devs do want it to be possible (as to not ruin the sandbox feel), but it is not what they envision for the future of DayZ.

Lol, I did not want to search the forum for that post, but I remember that one and the following discussion. Sorry, but I do not agree that breaking the "cycle of gearing up and engaging in group pvp couples times in a playsession" will make this a not-pvp game.

"And most of all it will not be the primary type of playstyle. The statement is about the playstyle that has been predominant and will not be" ... That is about exactly the described gearing up whole groups several times a playsession and engaging in group pvp, so you can die and gear up again. Nothing more and nothing less.

Now this is not aimed at you, don't know your thoughts on that, but I have no idea at all how it happened that soooo many ppl came to conclusions like "finally those stupid kos **** will go back to call of duty", "now we will be foced to team up to survive" or "now ppl have to play friendly" or others in that direction. Btw these were not real quotes, just what I remember from a lot of ppl posting.

Absolutely everything in his post made me happy, but not one second did it make me think that the most likely reason for my future "You are dead" screens will be anything but a bullet fired by some other player. I just don't read that from his post, I know others disagree.

Either way, I got a clear statement from Eugen linked in the post from above ( http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224764-electro-without-zombies/#entry2260458 ). Now the devs have to actually achieve that. And maybe change their advertisement a bit accordingly :D

EDIT: you edited your post after I quoted, soo ... concerning trailers, there is a point where advertisement and reality differ to much to be acceptable. If a company makes some great commercial about a wonderful new juice and you buy it and don't like it fine. But they cannot simply give you milk and say, "Hey, that was just a commercial!". Imo their site and advertisement certainly suggest a heavy pvp focus in the game, the "running simulator" aspects not being shown does not change that. I think they should really change that, if they really aim for the "not pvp game".

Edited by bautschi

Zombies are part of PVP. They reveal player locations and punish you for being a loud and proud dickhead. Learn to stay quiet.

• Like 2

No - zombies are part of the game and especially of survival/PvP. You are not supposed to run around like Rambo or waste bullets on helpless freshspawn. Also there should not be designated PvP areas in the first place (especially not inside the spawn area).

However, it would be nice if you were able to clear an area of zombies (high effort might be involved) for some time. Maybe even (pseudo)permanently by using barricades etc. Note how this would conflict with the "PvP area" part unless you have a group of people setting up and running some kind of "arena".

Edited by Evil Minion

devs have already confirmed to bring even more zombies into high traffic areas

Edited by HomerJay27
  • Like 1

Hahahaha No. its a zombie apocalypse they are everywhere. 

Thoughts?

thoughts??? mmmmmm...... go play call of duty, apocalypse survival game, so many not quite getting that part. guns will attract zombies end of story

Seen this vid if you think that was alot of Z's

CLICK HERE

Edited by surviv0r

Elektro should have more zombies, not less, it's a city. The fact that people use it also as an urban warzone is incidental, nothing wrong with it but that's no reason for it to not have zombies. Shoot them yourself if you want.

thoughts??? mmmmmm...... go play call of duty, apocalypse survival game, so many not quite getting that part. guns will attract zombies end of story

Seen this vid if you think that was alot of Z's

CLICK HERE

I'm a survival type of guy just was on a bit of a rage after getting killed twice in electro by zombies when I wrote this post... 

I go back on what I said... 

Electro needs zombies.. Thank you Dayz Community for making me see this. 

I don't do COD 

• Like 1