Nicko2580

Stepped on a landmine!

I didn't even know they were in the game! 

I was cautiously making my way through Cherno, fully geared, looking for some light PvP or maybe a bambi to help move off the coast. Decided to check the police station, just in case. I'm walking up the steps to the front door and there's what looks like a portable gas stove sitting right there in the open. I just shrug it off thinking someones picked it up and dropped it, go to walk inside and BOOM - You are dead. 

Beware of 'portal gas stoves' sitting in conspicuous doorways!  :P

• Like 7

Oh yeah, they came in maybe 2 weeks ago. Also bear traps (break your legs and ruin your pants). Watch where you're walking... I found a fresh landmine in the apartments in Elektro the other day and set it right in the middle of a hallway.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, they came in maybe 2 weeks ago. Also bear traps (break your legs and ruin your pants). Watch where you're walking... I found a fresh landmine in the apartments in Elektro the other day and set it right in the middle of a hallway.

I've seen the bear traps. I enjoy setting them up in blind spots. One day I'm gonna go on a bambi trapping mission. :p

• Like 1

If you're cunning you can hide a landmine kind of in or around a backpack.  If you use a hunters pack or something like that then people come charging in with excitement to pick it u...BOOM!

If you're cunning you can hide a landmine kind of in or around a backpack.  If you use a hunters pack or something like that then people come charging in with excitement to pick it u...BOOM!

Damn, I like this idea!

When did this happen and on which server? A couple of days ago I spawned near Cherno and immidietly found a landmine. Was about to log off so I rushed to the police station and planted it just were you said you died. Played on an european server. Sorry if it was me who killed you, just wanted to try it out. :P

When did this happen and on which server? A couple of days ago I spawned near Cherno and immidietly found a landmine. Was about to log off so I rushed to the police station and planted it just were you said you died. Played on an european server. Sorry if it was me who killed you, just wanted to try it out. :P

Some say a set mine will despawn after server reset. I cannot confirm or deny

I've set three mines total. Blew myself up twice so i can't recommend it. And I was really careful too. Bear traps are better.

done the back pack thing whit a mine, got a group of 3 :D think that was my greatest moment in dayz so far. The feeling when i saw the mine go off was just awsome! recomend it ppl!

Australian server bud, you're safe. :p

I imagine any mines that spawn in Cherno are immediately placed at crossroads/police station/fire station etc.

I stepped on a bear trap earlier today :(

• Like 1

I saw a land mine in a police station and I started over towards it and then thought WOAH! I decided not to go near it. I'll never know if it is spawned and inactive or set and ready to blow my face off.

• Like 1

been holding on a land mine (p) for a while trying to find a heli crash then log into a highly populated server and plant it in there and wait :) lol

I saw a land mine in a police station and I started over towards it and then thought WOAH! I decided not to go near it. I'll never know if it is spawned and inactive or set and ready to blow my face off.

If the mine is lying on top of the ground it is not activated. if it is sunk into the ground it is active. Unfortunately items tend to not do what they're supposed to in this game so there no sure way to know but to send a bambi in first.

• Like 1

If the mine is lying on top of the ground it is not activated. if it is sunk into the ground it is active. Unfortunately items tend to not do what they're supposed to in this game so there no sure way to know but to send a bambi in first.

LOL. The ole Bambi first ploy eh. :-D

I hit the jail in Electro and saw a bear trap sitting right in the front door. It looked like there was plenty of room to get by so I tried. It didn't work out too well as it broke my legs. So I crawl into the second room on the left (storage room) and luckily I find a prestine morphine pen! As I'm injecting the morphine some bozo runs down the staris with a shotty and blasts me twice! The fool misses from six feet away! I mash my finger on the number 1 on the hotbar to icepick him in the head (not realizing that I forgot to set my new melee weapon back to position one). The guy pulls out what looks like a Makarov and kills me! If not for me forgetting to drag my icepick back on the hotbar the guy would have been toast.

everytime I see one I think "oh crap did that spawn there or was it set?"