r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.5

New Dev release.

http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.6/@Client-Dev-edde9c4-Full.rar
http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.6/@Server-Dev-edde9c4-Full.rar

This build holds all the current changes listed here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224597-rolling-changelog-186/

Server Info: 108.174.57.160:2305

Should be pushed to steam dev branch soon.

• Like 1

R4ZOR49, any chance on unbanning some of the weapon crates we used to have available in the past?

i really dont understand why they got banned, is it due to hackers or something?

is it due to hackers or something?

Take a guess ;)

Or would you like everyone to be able to (theoretically) spawn those crates full of weapons?

R4ZOR49, any chance on unbanning some of the weapon crates we used to have available in the past?

i really dont understand why they got banned, is it due to hackers or something?

If they have been removed we don't use them

I noticed in the changelog for 1.8.6 that a fishing pole will have an ability to kill zombies in 1 hit? What about other survivors? I think it shouldn't be considered a melee weapon. Perhaps give it an ammo count of 0? :)

Edited by TIC321

Zeds have a different system the players. So no they wont kill a player in on shoy

• Like 1

This sounds like an awesome update. Just started playing this game a few months ago, and I haven't been as excited to play a free mod since counter strike and team fortress classic came out for Half Life.

I'd love to play the new version, but I don't know what to do after unzipping the files, can anyone help?

I have some ideas about humanity if you're interested. All of this came as a result of playing on us 434 vanilla server, where I found that survivors are treated very well by the general populace, but having a bandit skin is a death warrant. I recently made the turn to bandit after having to kill a fellow survivor who turned on me; I successfully knee-capped him and ran off, but when he died I switched to the dark side suddenly. I understand that helping players can restore humanity, but it doesn't seem to be enough. This is compounded by the need to defend oneself against the trigger happy folks who just see a guy in bandits' clothes, again digging deeper into humanity.

I suppose it would be better to know how humanity is changed by providing medical assistance to others before I go making suggestions.

Regardless, dope ass game guys, thank you for devoting chunks of your free time to doing something that gives a lot of other people a great deal of entertainment.

• Like 1

This sounds like an awesome update. Just started playing this game a few months ago, and I haven't been as excited to play a free mod since counter strike and team fortress classic came out for Half Life.

I'd love to play the new version, but I don't know what to do after unzipping the files, can anyone help?

I have some ideas about humanity if you're interested. All of this came as a result of playing on us 434 vanilla server, where I found that survivors are treated very well by the general populace, but having a bandit skin is a death warrant. I recently made the turn to bandit after having to kill a fellow survivor who turned on me; I successfully knee-capped him and ran off, but when he died I switched to the dark side suddenly. I understand that helping players can restore humanity, but it doesn't seem to be enough. This is compounded by the need to defend oneself against the trigger happy folks who just see a guy in bandits' clothes, again digging deeper into humanity.

I suppose it would be better to know how humanity is changed by providing medical assistance to others before I go making suggestions.

Regardless, dope ass game guys, thank you for devoting chunks of your free time to doing something that gives a lot of other people a great deal of entertainment.

I agree. I believe there should be a limit to what your humanity should range to. I know people who have about -200k humanity and there's no way to recovering that at all.. I think between -7500 to 7500 is perfectly ranged. I believe I read somewhere that creating new skins would take some time.

I know whenever I see a bandit, I just kill them on sight to gain humanity as a survivor. Chances of a person with bandit skin killing you is quite high due to the fact that almost everyone else does. It's like creating a big bullseye on your character with that skin. Only way to really avoid it is to go in hiding by a ghillie suit or wearing a soldier's uniform.

Humanity needs a lot of work.

Edited by TIC321

New Dev release.

A bit late from my side, but been busy:

b_560_95_1.png

with the ExperimentalVehicleSpawnSystem you need to add vehicles to the object_data table based on the object_spawns table if your using SQL database. There's an example table with 60+ vehicles spawns.

Just change the worldspace column based on new maps and it should work.

I have no idea what this is doing ? just run pmain with the instance your using and it does the exact same ?

I have no idea what this is doing ? just run pmain with the instance your using and it does the exact same ?

I ran all Server side functions several times in SQL, every vehicle pretty much was a wreck after many server restarts. 

i know they are supposed to be rare and some had items spawn under/near them but all where beyond repair.

The table is just a template for people who want to boost the numbers.

Edited by CTBM

I ran all Server side functions several times in SQL, every vehicle pretty much was a wreck after many server restarts. 

i know they are supposed to be rare and some had items spawn under/near them but all where beyond repair.

The table is just a template for people who want to boost the numbers.

Lets start by finding out what version your running?

Unless you have installed the ExperimentalVehicleSpawnSystem your running the old version witch is 100% damage all the time.

I've removed your post all it serves to do is confuse pll it offers no real help outside of a one time spawn system.

I recently made the turn to bandit after having to kill a fellow survivor who turned on me; I successfully knee-capped him and ran off, but when he died I switched to the dark side suddenly. I understand that helping players can restore humanity, but it doesn't seem to be enough. This is compounded by the need to defend oneself against the trigger happy folks who just see a guy in bandits' clothes, again digging deeper into humanity.

This is where so many people get this game wrong.  You said "having to kill a fellow survivor" and "the need to defend oneself".  There is literally nothing that says you have to do that.  There are alternatives to shooting back.  The game becomes much more interesting when you explore those alternatives such as defusing the situation, gaining the upper hand and forcing them to drop their guns, or simply evading them.  As for the second part about "needing to defend oneself against the trigger happy folks who just see a guy in a bandit skin", that's your fault, nobody else's and you have to deal with the consequences to gain back your humanity.  Redemption is not a simple thing.  You have to ask yourself what is more valuable to you when you're being shot at: the M4a1 and alice pack that you spent 1 hour looting, or the 2,000+ humanity you're going to have to spend a couple weeks gaining back if you shoot back.

Humanity SHOULD be easy to lose and it SHOULD be hard to gain.  People seem really upset at how difficult it is to maintain a survivor skin, but I think it's one of the best features of this game.

Humanity needs a lot of work.

No, it doesn't.  It needs some tweaks.  It's actually a fantastic system.  It's the only game I've played where it forces you to make conscious decisions about when to kill and when not to.  It's led to the most interesting and intense multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

Here's a couple of things that *do* need to be tweaked:

• Losing humanity when killing somebody that has shot you: This seems to kind of work, but not all the time.  If someone gets a shot on you and you lose health, you should lose ZERO humanity points for killing them within a certain timer, period.
  • Losing 2,000 points for wounding somebody: I wish you could shoot a guy in the leg and only lose the 100 or so points for wounding him, but if he bleeds out or gets killed by zombies you lose the full 2k for killing him.  Not sure if/how this could be fixed
  • Losing humanity when shooting skinned players: there's code in place that makes it so you don't lose humanity for shooting people in ghillie, camo, or soldier clothing, but it doesn't work (1.8.6 hopefully fixes this as mentioned in the changelog).  IMO, you should actually lose some humanity if you shoot a skinned survivor (say 200-500 points) rather than zero.
  • Sliding scale of humanity lost: IIRC back in the day you would lose more humanity for killing survivors or heroes with high humanity and less for shooting survivors with low humanity.  This doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Like 1

You're absolutely right Bullet. If it wasn't for the humanity system, then it'd be a straight up free for all so scrapping it entirely would be a bad idea. I remember in the early days of the mod, people were willing to team up together and cooperate more frequently against the zombies. The zombies were straight up horrifying back then. The zombies and the environment is what really makes up for the humanity.

Here's a couple of things that *do* need to be tweaked:

• Losing humanity when killing somebody that has shot you: This seems to kind of work, but not all the time.  If someone gets a shot on you and you lose health, you should lose ZERO humanity points for killing them within a certain timer, period.  Yes, I agree there should be some type of "self defense" mechanic that should come to play when someone is firing off a weapon and the bullet hits near them. The victim from the projectile should be able to counter off the attack without losing humanity that way with some type of detection system.

• Losing 2,000 points for wounding somebody: I wish you could shoot a guy in the leg and only lose the 100 or so points for wounding him, but if he bleeds out or gets killed by zombies you lose the full 2k for killing him.  Not sure if/how this could be fixed. Yes, I agree. I think it should be indirect/direct cause. A direct cause would be something like shooting someone to death or even as fast as a headshot. An indirect cause would involve having zombies attacking the victim after breaking their leg. 

• Losing humanity when shooting skinned players: there's code in place that makes it so you don't lose humanity for shooting people in ghillie, camo, or soldier clothing, but it doesn't work (1.8.6 hopefully fixes this as mentioned in the changelog).  IMO, you should actually lose some humanity if you shoot a skinned survivor (say 200-500 points) rather than zero.
    That all should be dependent on their level of humanity. Some bandits do want to blend into a different skin to avoid any confrontation with say, the 'bullseye' skin so this somewhat gives them a chance to become a good guy without having to work toward the humanity level of a survivor since the points are way off balance.

• Sliding scale of humanity lost: IIRC back in the day you would lose more humanity for killing survivors or heroes with high humanity and less for shooting survivors with low humanity.  This doesn't seem to be the case. What I'd like to see some day is a limited scale of humanity. This really needs some tweaking :)

Speaking of zombies;

I believe the zombies should be more intimidating. As a good suggestion, having their sounds changed would be nice. This isn't much of a high priority kind of thing since sounds are quite hard to replicate but a great example of how zombies should sound is like this: 

In my opinion, the crawling zombies should sound more aggressive since they're trying harder to get you ;)

If those sounds were to come to play, imagine how it'd be like playing during the night and that's what you heard around your proximity.

Edited by TIC321

My logfile is spammed with the follwing:

19:24:34 "DEBUG: needUpdate_objects=[26f83040# 1063115: old_bike.p3d]"19:24:34 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:306:67100:[["sklo predni P",0],["sklo predni L",0],["karoserie",0],["palivo",0],["wheel_1_damper",0],["wheel_2_damper",0],["motor",0]]:0.00154478:""19:24:34 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:306:67100:[["sklo predni P",0],["sklo predni L",0],["karoserie",0],["palivo",0],["wheel_1_damper",0],["wheel_2_damper",0],["motor",0]]:0:""

Players are complaining about rubberbanding, laggy actions etc...

Any ideas what this log might be?

Update: I deleted the bike with the UID 67100 from the object_data table. Seems to be kind of ok now. Now it´s:

21:42:52 "DEBUG: needUpdate_objects=[2a75b040# 1063240: mi_8mt.p3d]"

... but not in heavily spamming manor.

Edited by dayzjarhead

Hi all,

I'm making a come back server for Vanilla DayZ Mod for my friends and I. I have downloaded all the files on the first page but I cannot help but notice there is not config file in cfgdayz folder, is this right?

Also I have set up mysql and run all the queries but I now need to figure out how to actually start up my server, I have had epoch servers in the past but that comes with the instance startup.bat, can anyone please assist me?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

SirTomo

Hi all,

I'm making a come back server for Vanilla DayZ Mod for my friends and I. I have downloaded all the files on the first page but I cannot help but notice there is not config file in cfgdayz folder, is this right?

Also I have set up mysql and run all the queries but I now need to figure out how to actually start up my server, I have had epoch servers in the past but that comes with the instance startup.bat, can anyone please assist me?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

SirTomo

Create a new .bat file with the following info

@echo off::|=== Make sure you add "" if you have folder locations with spaces.::|=== Do Not Editset Homedir=%CD%::|=== Arma2OA game server pathset GameServerPath=D:\GameServers\steamCMD\steamapps\Common\DayZMod_108.174.57.160_2305::|=== Location ID giving from Devs-*** No spaces ***- ===set servername=US-Dev::|=== Server ip ===set serverip=108.174.57.160::|=== Server port ===set serverport=2305::|=== Addinal perms to start your server with ===set addinalperms=-nopatchcheck -nopause -pid=pid.txt -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -exThreads=1::|== This is very important so you dont get ca_dubbing errorsset Arma2Folder=D:\GameServers\steamCMD\steamapps\Common\Arma2_108.174.57.161_27035clstitle DayZMod_%serverip%_%serverport% Watchdog:StartServerecho DayZMod_%serverip%_%serverport% started.start /D %GameServerPath% "DayZMod_%serverip%_%serverport%" arma2oaserver.exe -ip=%serverip% -port=%serverport% "-config=cfgdayz\config.cfg" "-cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg" "-profiles=cfgdayz" -name=cfgdayz "-mod=%Arma2Folder%" "-mod=CA;@DayZ-Dev;@Hive" %addinalperms%echo (%date%) (%time%) Waiting for Dayz to start.TIMEOUT /T 30exitgoto armaloop:armaloopclsTIMEOUT /T 20for /f %%a in (%GameServerPath%\pid.txt) do (SET pid=%%a)taskkill /f /fi "status eq not responding" /im arma2oaserver.exeecho (%date%) (%time%) ATTENTION: trying loopTIMEOUT /T 20tasklist /fi "PID eq %pid%" /FO TABLE | find /i "ARMA2OASERVER.exe"if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto armaloopif "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" goto armacrashedexit:armacrashedmkdir %GameServerPath%\%servername%mkdir %GameServerPath%\%servername%\Logs\echo (%date%) (%time%) ATTENTION: ArmA closed or crashed, restarting.echo (%date%) (%time%) ATTENTION: ArmA closed or crashed >> %GameServerPath%\%servername%\Logs\LastCrash.txtTIMEOUT /T 10goto :StartServer

Should get your started.

With DayzMod making a bit of a comeback all these servers have popped up and split the player base up a fair bit aye..  :|

Hi R4Z0R49 is there anyway I can help with development of DayZ mod?

I  am a scripter/programmer myself IRL and would love to support this. :)

• Like 1

Hi R4Z0R49,

Thanks for your reply above, unfortunately I'm still having issues with this. I have modified the startup.bat that you posted above to contain my file paths and correct names but I can't help but notice that it's only creating a normal ArmA 2 server (I think).. It doesn't show up with the server name rather my PC Name (because it's local) and then gives me a heap of different game modes to select from.

I'm not sure if this is because I'm missing the config.cfg from CFGDAYZ folder or not? I only have the files that I downloaded from the first page that were provided. I apologise for being a pain in the a$$ but I'm really keen and so excited to get this working as I have missed vanilla for so long :)

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated if you have the time, otherwise I completely understand if you cannot help :D

Here is what I have changed the startup.bat too

@echo off

: :|=== Make sure you add "" if you have folder locations with spaces.

: :|=== Do Not Edit
set Homedir=%CD%
: :|=== Arma2OA game server path
set GameServerPath="C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\Vanilla DayZ Test Server\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"
: :|=== Location ID giving from Devs-*** No spaces ***- ===
set servername=ava_dayz_vanilla
: :|=== Server ip ===
set serverip=127.0.0.1
: :|=== Server port ===
set serverport=3306
: :|=== Addinal perms to start your server with ===
set addinalperms=-nopatchcheck -nopause -pid=pid.txt -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -exThreads=1
: :|== This is very important so you dont get ca_dubbing errors
set Arma2Folder="C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\Vanilla DayZ Test Server\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"

cls
title DayZ_%serverip%_%serverport% Watchdog

:StartServer
echo DayZ_%serverip%_%serverport% started.
start /D %GameServerPath% "DayZ_%serverip%_%serverport%" arma2oaserver.exe -ip=%serverip% -port=%serverport% "-config=cfgdayz\config.cfg" "-cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg" "-profiles=cfgdayz" -name=cfgdayz "-mod=%Arma2Folder%" "-mod=CA;@DayZ;@Hive" %addinalperms%
echo (%date%) (%time%) Waiting for Dayz to start.
TIMEOUT /T 30
exit
goto armaloop

:armaloop
cls
TIMEOUT /T 20
for /f %%a in (%GameServerPath%\pid.txt) do (
SET pid=%%a
)
taskkill /f /fi "status eq not responding" /im arma2oaserver.exe
echo (%date%) (%time%) ATTENTION: trying loop
TIMEOUT /T 20
tasklist /fi "PID eq %pid%" /FO TABLE | find /i "ARMA2OASERVER.exe"
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto armaloop
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" goto armacrashed
exit

:armacrashed
mkdir %GameServerPath%\%servername%
mkdir %GameServerPath%\%servername%\Logs\
echo (%date%) (%time%) ATTENTION: ArmA closed or crashed, restarting.
echo (%date%) (%time%) ATTENTION: ArmA closed or crashed >> %GameServerPath%\%servername%\Logs\LastCrash.txt

TIMEOUT /T 10
goto :StartServer

http://i.imgur.com/wGvCUc0.png

Thank you for all your help so far!

Kind regards, 

SirTomo

Bullet, in your first couple of points you sum up what I was describing. A fellow survivor decides to open fire on you after being given a weapon, you shoot him in the leg to break it and get away safely. Later, he bleeds out and you lose quite a bit of humanity for it.

If it's too much to tweak the system, then you're right on that having to make the right call and possibly die to stay a good guy makes the game deep on a level I haven't seen before.

I wish that I knew what I know now though, it's gonna be a long way back.